I allowed myself to fall in total fluffyness totay

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49945 by
I bought my very first lightsaber replica! B) I've been attracted to the Order because of the spirituality and not because of SW itself (i'm not a SW geek). But, today i went to Zellers (Target-Walmart'like store) and i saw it... "THE LIGHTSABER", almost glowing in a pure soft-white heavenly light beam! :woohoo: It's an aluminum replica of Obi wan Kenobi's lightsaber (LED blue blade, sound and things). I'm super excited while not knowing why i am, maybe because it was 160$ and i get it at 74$?! :lol:

But don't worry fellow Jedi, i won't fall into fanatism, i just wanted to share my happiness :)

Do others tend to collect SW stuff (for fun or religiously)? I saw an awesome hand-made costume in an old forum, it was to raise funds or just for fun? (sorry i did'nt read all comments). Do some SW props having any utilities in the Order?

MTFBWY
Ausar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49947 by
I'm a Star Wars geek, but I converted to Jediism, because of a loss of way in my life. That being said, I managed to find a Darth Maul replica lightsaber at a local hobby store for about 80 dollars. i know the guy behind the counter, and he said he'd take it off the shelf until i can afford it. I'm only 20 dollars away! I'm so excited!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49952 by
I'm assuming it's a Hasbro Ultimate FX saber? I've actually been looking Master Replicas Force FX sabers. Slightly more expensive, which is why I haven't jumped in. Not sure I could drop that kind of money for something that's just there to look pretty, lol.

I will be building my own hilt one day, though. Once I get out of this apartment and into a rental house, i'm getting all the stuff I need. If anyone is interested, take a look at the site below. It gives you 8 different styles to build, with a list of the materials and step by step instructions (with pictures). It's where I got some of the ideas for a hilt that I want to build. I combined some of the styles and added some of my own imagination........crap, I hope I can find my design, lol. I drew it up 2 years ago, so it's somewhere on one of my five million drives (external drive, 2 partitions on the desktop, 2 partitions on the laptop and netbook, 2 USB drives...I need a new hobby :P )

Saber Hilt how to

More
12 years 1 month ago #49954 by Br. John
I have the Anakin Episode III FX, a Darth Vader Episode IV FX modified to a removable blade with a Luxeon LED and a Master Replicas Limited Edition prop replica Darth Sidious. They're fun.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49955 by
I have transformed into a total Star Warsian lately. I have decided to make it my hobby to collect every conceivable piece of Star Wars media, starting with the BOOK. (Because somehow the novelization of the screenplay was published months before the movie was released).

It took about 4 hours to compile the list of what I want to get Now, I am merely part of the way through the book and awaiting fresh DVDs of the movies to arrive (since my old ones seem to have disappeared).

So yeah, I am going to experience as much of the story of Star Wars in the order that it was "assimilated" into our culture.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #49964 by
I lost the picture, but my old high school chorus teacher has a HUGE room that is full of (still in the box) Star Wars toys, posters, and other collectibles from many many many many many years back up to recently. Even has a full on Storm Trooper and Bubba Fett suit. And if that isn't enough for you, here he is teaching a student in his professional music studio:

Notice something familiar in the background? lol
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49979 by
I saw this morning on the web a lightsaber pike (spear) used by th evil "Emperor's shadow guards", jokes asside, these weapons looks real elegant and awesome, even if they only been used by Sith :sick: If i can get the proper materials (still wondering how to do the blade), i would like to make my own "Jedi" version of it. :lol:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #50064 by
I would like something like that! :woohoo: I tryed to found them on E-day like they suggested but i did'nt found them... I' try to contact the one who posted the video insted. Or i'll try to make my own with pieces bought on the web... any suggestion of good ones?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #50065 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVgKTldHMo&list=UU0AnRsIP7ej58tCatcViTIQ&index=2&feature=plcp

More
12 years 1 month ago #50073 by 666
I do not collect from Star wars movies, anything, my point comes even before I come to here, I try to be serious about Jediism, and not a movie fan. the point is, if you have visits at home, and the social mistake of talk about politics, religion, and sports comes to the table and the conversation comes to religion, i do not like the idea of people thinking "you are a freak, fan, geek,
I prefer jediism over Star Wars, and even loving the movie, and with the possibility to access to several replicas and props (I am also a member of the replica-prop forum) I prefer to stay away of collecting SW items.

eventually one day maybe I star collecting, but let me tell you, it's a really expensive hobby
just for name some prices

Resin model (identical scale model than the studio one) red 5 not assembled $ 900
Helmets, any good replica $150 to $900
Han in Carbonite kit (Board not included) $300
lightsabers nice replicas start in $450

Stormtrooper suit $ 900 complete and screen acurate

There are nice pieces of panels from the dead star cast in resin
and thousand of items, but really hard to find nice replicas for less than $100

so becomes expensive.

I like to have a couple of lightsabers anyway, and also build my own hilt

cheers

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010