forms of lightsaber combat

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 months ago #36812 by
i practice lightsaber form combat it can be really interesting and challenging my current form is makashi
i know lightsabers are not real but i feel it is part of the path to being a true jedi
but that is for you to decide
what is right for me can differ with others
please comment i love hearing responses

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 2 months ago #36814 by Jestor
I practice martial arts.... since walking down the street with weapon is illeagal, I chose to learn to defend empty handed...

But for discipline and a workout, weapons do look like a good time....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 months ago #36815 by
Replied by on topic Re:forms of lightsaber combat
It all depends on local laws as well Jestor, altho law here states openly carrying a weapon is ok, it is frowned upon in general as some see it as a threat regardless of the law, this includes Law Enforcement personel. (Washington State)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 2 months ago #36817 by Jestor
Ah, so true Minus...

I should have said it similar to the way you said it about weapons being carried being frowned upon...

I live in Illinois... We can not carry a blade longer than 5 inches I think... and no conceal law... I get used to thinking everywhere is similar... We are one of only two or three states that still do not have a carry law...

I think I said before, a staff is easy to find... a fairly straight branch, broom handle, etc... that would be the weapon for me...

Now to find another hour in my day to train in that... lol...

Although, I probably should have also said, that I do agree a lightsaber is important for ceremonial reasons... As it is one of the most recognizable symbols of the Jedi....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 months ago #36820 by
Aye, although we have conceal and carry permits here, they are quickly trying to make it even more difficult to obtain.

On the matter of the subject though, yes it would be great for ceremonial purposes, and to add another hour a day for such training would be helpful.

The next question is what blade style would one prefer for the ceremony? Single hand, two hand-single blade, two hand- double blade?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38503 by
I just read through this forum, and there are some things I'd like to touch upon, regardless of whether or not this thread is dead.

I'm a martial artist of many years and I've always loved training with weapons. I've been contemplating creating a more formal type of the forms of the lightsaber fighting forms that can translate to any sort of weapon, including hands. I've been doing some preliminary research for quite some time now to this effect.

As for ceremonial lightsabers, I am currently desiging one to be made twice. I want two of them because I want one to be used for martial arts training, to house a \"battle ready\" blade. The other, I want to be meant primarily for ceremony and ritual and will house a light source, gems, and other things of metaphysical purpose.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38504 by
Sorry for the double post. I also meant to mention that the blade I am desiging is a single blade hilt, meant for either one or two hands.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38971 by
Replied by on topic Re: forms of lightsaber combat
Personally I am interested in studying and using for III, IV, V.

Mainly because Form III offers training to protect yourself and others,

Form IV - I'm an athletic person so this form suits me

Form V - Because I think I could be a great Jedi if I can build up my strength and master this form.

How would one teach himself these forms?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi