Interesting Holocron/book coming out

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #32134 by
I saw this and my inner geek perked up a little, thought I would share :-)

The Jedi Path - Preview at Star Wars.com

Amazon Link
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32135 by
That's pretty darn cool, but the price tag is way too rich for my blood! $99 for a 160 page book?! Ack.

...but I still want it. :( :blush:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32136 by
haha, I had the same response, but that case looks epic, there is a video on amazon that makes the cravings worse :blush:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 9 months ago #32139 by RyuJin
releases in september and only costs 62.99 if you preorder from amazon.....i may just place my order next week....it does look to be epic...if only just for the case....bet it's a good read

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
13 years 6 months ago #33933 by Damion_Storm
here is a link to and interview with the writer.

The Jedi Path interview with Writer

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

More
13 years 5 months ago #34039 by Damion_Storm
Just recieved my copy of this in and I have to say just thumbing through it was really fun there are several extras that come with it and are strategically placed through the book. For example in the section about the Knighting it talks about how the braid is removed and a note in the margin that he left his braid in the book (which is where to find the braid.) in the Lightsaber section you find a napkin with coffee stain with a lightsaber sketch on the back. Along with a couple other items. The feel of the book is great cant wait to read through it.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 5 months ago #34040 by
It's actually an AWESOME book, we're discussing it on JR (JediRealism.net) and on the JRR (JediResourceCenter.org/vb). Most people who actually bother to buy and/or read it, instead of just dismiss it, like it, I'm no exception. My review on JR is as follows:

now that I've had a chance to read some of it, it's not an EU book, it's like, the actual book, written by some of the original Jedi Masters of the Old Republic. I like how everything is broken down, and all emphasis isn't placed on just the Jedi who go out and fight and such, but they focus on the agricultural corps, scholars/teacher corps, etc... It really is quite interesting, and the added bonus that it was Yoda's copy from when he was a youngling, and he passed it down to his padawan's and such and then Palpatine got it and now Luke, and they all put in commentary and notes of their thoughts and interpretations of the teachings in the outline of the pages is fun and cool at the same time!

I haven't been a fan of the \"EU\" since Jacen Solo went Sith, so, I was reluctant to buy this book from my friend, even at $15, but I'm glad I did. Never mind the extremely cool vault/case it comes in, and all the really sweet stuff that comes with it (Jedi Pendant for a necklace, Padawan Braid, Cantina Napkin that Obi-Wan had sketched his new lightsaber schematics on and all the cool commentary from Yoda, Thame, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Palpatine/Sidious and Lukey-pookey. Plus, the content of the book, meditation exercises, some of it is actual teachings, not just fantasy/fiction. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars in my monthly Magazine column I write.

You can even get it less expensive, used at certain sites now, I recommend it, for what my suggestion is worth :) Enjoy!

~Shaun - Jedi
Founder: Jedi Realism
www.JediRealism.net

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 5 months ago #34083 by
I would very much like one of those!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi