Lightsaber training videos

More
13 years 11 months ago #30300 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:Lightsaber training videos
I'm gonna say something that maybe not too much people know...
and also sorry

Do you think that forms, and videos and everything else are what?

THATS A CIRCUS !!!

I train for several years, and I can tell you HOW easy is to perform with a dummy sword, lightsaber or boken, or shinai... that is only to train
how many of you was in the back of a real sword... with an opponent in front of you with another REAL sword... how many ...

so easy with a saber than never hurt you....

I lose a thumb in a real battle, and 3 month of reconstruction was needed to have it in place again ( but not functional, only for griping)

I been in real combats several times, and I am alive... with not visible damages, no scars others than my finger, ( maybe lucky, maybe I'm was good)
that is part of my past, and I can tell how easy is been confused when you see some of this videos...

anything near the reality ...

I do not recommend the training with a real sword, but, ALWAYS take in mind...

when you do forms... you are far far away from reality

for circus, I prefer \"cirque du soleil\"

and if you are smart ... be far away from a real combat... not for fun

sorry guys...

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30301 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lightsaber training videos
I would agree that being as far away from combat as possible is the best course of action... but it does pay to be prepared.

I was hoping for some instruction in ideas to use in swordsmanship. I have used a sword to drive someone trying to do a \"home invasion\" from my house. It was effective... but EXTREMELY stupid. I brought a glorified knife to a gunfight and happened to get lucky.

Learning swordplay isn't about combat; it's about learning a pattern of thought: discipline, not efficacy. If you want to be effective with a sword, go back a couple of hundred years. If you want to simply learn the means to understand how things fit together at a more or less universal level, study the sword.

So far as with your \"saber\" question, I'm pretty confident. Perhaps overly so, but perhaps not. A friend of mine learned swordplay before going through 2 tours in the Middle East. He survived because of his training in the sword--not because he picked something up and swung it around, but because he understood the value of discipline.

I have trained with live steel. Rattan, oak, plastic... these have basically different properties than moving a metal blade at full speed, and to be in a battle against an enemy with swords... let's just say that hasn't happened in the past century, that I'm aware of.

With a sword, you also have to be ready to put an enemy's blood all over you. HIV, hepatitis C, and other bloodborne pathogens make the risks of war phenomenal at that level. With a rifle, you aren't as personally involved. It's easier to discount what you see at a distance. It's easier to kill. And to be killed.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you are trained in the military or just a hobbyist who requires discipline to understand the way they used to do it in an ancient military force. The end result is that discipline is the way we extend our lives, and live to an older age than those who are without it.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 11 months ago #30302 by RyuJin
trust me, i know these videos are for show, but they do have some useful information once you filter through the \"circus\" material....even stage fighting like jackie chan, jet li, sammo hung, and jason statham use can become effective in the real world. it only takes the right mind to adapt it.

my body is covered in scars...all learning experiences, from swords, staff, sai, nunchaku, etc... i've even done demonstrations in the military using only a single sheet of notebook paper as a weapon....

i was taught kendo on the beaches of guam, in sand up to my knees making it difficult to run, this forced me to learn to block, dodge, and read my opponent. the man that taught me didn't use pads, and didn't show any mercy...i had many bruises and finger dislocations until i got good at it. when we worked on footwork it was done in the water standing on sharp coral(wearing dive shoes)in the current...this forced me to master my balance, footing, and built leg strength...

when my uncle taught me renshinken-ryu ninjutsu(also known as shorinji-te/fuma style)he also showed me no mercy and used no pads...it was learn from the pain or don't learn at all....i have done a lot of weapons training in my life...

when i studied shuri-te we were learning kata's and i didn't like doing it because i felt there was no real danger in a controlled set-up...later i learned that kata is mainly to show how certain techniques work together and can be strung together in combinations, as well as to control the flow of a fight....i've never been good at kata because i'm what my instructors all called a \"static fighter\"...meaning i read and react, using my speed to counter my opponent then stopping, rather than using combinations to controll my opponent...it sometimes comes off as being arrogant, but it's simply because i don't like to fight and was raised to never strike first...

back to the original train of thought.....yes these videos are mainly flash and as such should not be thought of as instructional for combat...

to redheron:

i love being unorthodox...it's a great advantage over pure form... it does have its weaknesses as does any methodology, but i always look for them and my techniques constantly evolve...i've once dislocated my own shoulder to get out of a triangle hold....painful, but effective...of course i spent a few weeks unable to use my arm once the adrenaline wore off....i fully agree that every technique has a counter...even the unorthodox ones(though they're harder to figure out)...i've modified effective holds, and locks to make them easier to apply, and maintain....i'm constantly tinkering with martial arts techniques...the monte kiffin of martial arts :laugh:

my kendo instructor was always impressed with how i blended my other sword techniques with his while sparring...the last time we sparred ended in a draw...and considering he won everytime prior i felt good about it...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30625 by
I watched all the videos and I also have several books that have frame by frame pictures of each technique but I found that none of them were really my style and like RyuJin I found myself making my own technique to suit my style unfortunately I still didnt feel like it was for me even though i made it up. I then a couple years back saw that a new star wars game was coming out, The Force Unleashed, and I have to say I found this style really comfortable and so fluent for me it looks unorthodox feels unorthodox compared to the natural forms but I find it great.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #30626 by
Congratulations... you're both practicing Jeet Kune Do. :D
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by . Reason: Spelling correction

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 11 months ago #30638 by RyuJin
funniest part is that that actually is the basis of jeet kune do - take what works for you and discard the rest all so you can express yourself truthfully as the late great bruce lee would say

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30666 by
Today I am certain I am a JedI knight, today I was lead by the force to this site, and I know this to be the next journey on my path that I have already foreseen. I could write for days about who I am and what I am going to do, but I will do that as I go along I guess as I create my own reality right in front of my own eyes.
But we see with the mind, not our eyes. I am about to take my first step into being an initiate in the order that I see that will bring me the piece of mind I have been looking for. There was one time when I had a journal. When ever I wrote in it, I felt instantly better. But then I forgot about it as I fell more towards the dark side. But now that I have come out of exile this will be the first entry in a lifetime of a prophecy that I believe I will fulfill. I have devoted my life to the ways of mastering the Force, and now that I have found what I was looking for, I will be able to gain more knowledge and understanding from all of the ones who know of it. I am off to the woods to meditate on this and work with my staff. Spinning the staff requires extreme focus. But I find it easier when I but on my blind fold and feel it thorough the force. I will be much more enlightened in my next entry, as we are all more enlightened every moment that goes on that we excist which is for eternity.

May the Force be with you…. Always

As I was meditating today the first thing I saw was the symbol that was on the front page of the site, The one that says “can you read this” at first when I knew it symbolized something but I didn’t know what. I will study that further. After that I aligned my Chakras up to enter my Kundalini state which a state of enlightenment. When you are in the kundalini state you are operating on the astral plane. Where you can sense etheric matter. Such as the Auras of colors and thought forms. You can sense everything around you and hear into places you wouldn’t be able to hear if you weren’t on the theta brain wave. Everything is much more clear and pristine. It is Clairaudience which is “Clear” hearing. Where you can hear everything in the force. I first relized that I entered this level the day before, but now I can do it at will. And only after a day. When I Am in this state always see the pyramids of Egypt and the all seeing eye. I know that this represents symbolicaly that god is watching over me. I taught myself you to remote view, I havent mastered it by any means, but I work on it more and more everyday. When I am at this brain wave length I can also feel twitches and itches on my body, I know that these are the spirits that are guiding me in the path I walk everyday. After I was done meditating I had synchronized my brain to my environment, and I started seeing and feeling in synchronicity. I followed all the signs and it lead my to a lake where I often go to work my Martial Arts. I used to go there to go try to show off for girls, but I have actually never been a show off, I don’t like showing my abilities. I just did it because everyone else was. Now since I have been reborn unto Christ on my 25th birthday. I see the world a little differently now. And Instead of living underneath this government I will live amoung it. I don’t work for money. I help people and don’t expect anything in return, but when you help people The force manifest money for you. But money is not important to me. Because I am a world server. And I serve The Supreme architect of the Universe, Others that need help, and then myself. I have found it a difficult life to live with a lot of emotion. But I am an Emapth, Its hard for me to feel my own feelings. But I am starting to teach myself how do that again. When I was at the lake I meditated for a little while longer and then I blindfolded myself and started to harness and feel the Qi flow through me, When I am working with my staff I am in a completely focused state. My concentration is not on what my eyes can see but what my mind sees. And when my mind sees my bow, it is a staff of pure light emitting energy in every direction, and when it is spun it sends out light waves all around me so I can see everything. And What you ld be seen by others who have not become self aware to be impossible to do, I can do it with my eyes closed. This is Force sight. Like obi-wan said, “Your eyes can decieve you, don’t trust them.” I have been doing a lot of studies on the jedI and Force powers, and I have progressed in all of them. Such as force speed. Before I got to the lake there is the dreaded Alabama Hill, which is a steep incline, that every has taught themselves to hate. Before I went up it today I reprogrammed my Thought form to walk up it as fast as I could without even breaking a sweat. Because It was said that ninjas didn’t sweat. As I was walking up it I started to control my breathing, and put different amounts of pressure on my feet as a walke up it with a speed that even impressed myself. As my body started to heat up, I began to tell my self do not break a sweat, feel water pouring over me, and I cooled down and continued to go up the hill. When I got to the top I was barley even breathing hard. Now that I am starting to harness the power of the force. I cant think of anything more than studying its ways. Which I will devote my life to becoming a master because I follow the paths in life that god puts me on. In my dreams I have seen myself As a chaplin
In the Marine Corps. I was in the Marines for 4 year, and was in the second Battle of Fallujah, When I returned my parents always told me that I shouldn’t go back into the Marines. And of coursed my thoughts were influenced on what they wanted. But now that I have become more self aware. I realize that it is my callling in life. I study battles, Politics, Esoteric knowledge. Everything that is the truth in this world. But everything is the truth in this world because it excist. I have seen myself Directing fire teams of marines, holding down the enemy with gun fire, While I run up on the roof while they are distracted and kick in the door and kill the enemy with my katana. When I enter the house of course my men will stop firing because they will know I am there, through battle meditation. When I heard of the concept of battle meditation. I instantly knew how much it can help. If you meditate on something before it happens. When the time comes you will already know what to do. I am Completely confident in this skill. And will someday show it the Marines. When I tell them I am created an program to create JedI. Of course leads to the Darkside, but not for a JedI, a jedI defends for peace. And do not fight unless there’s or others lives are in Danger. I am happy that I have found the Temple of the JedI Order. This is the most emotion I a have felt for myself in a long time. And it is the emotion of joy.

May the Force be with you…. Always

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38973 by
Replied by on topic Re: Lightsaber training videos
Thank you so much my freind for posting these videos. I was unsure exactly how to train with these forms but these are so much help!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39892 by
Replied by on topic Re: Lightsaber training videos
In reply to the first video posted, that form looks extremely similar to the first form of Senkotiros, a Filipino martial art that I took awhile back but had to quit because of personal reasons.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi