Sith Teachings

More
5 years 5 months ago #327772 by rugadd
Sith Teachings was created by rugadd
So....

I am not going to pretend that I am looking for a teacher, but, I have seen many respect worthy Sith out there.
Is there a Sith centric area here to learn about that particular perspective towards the path? If not, where?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327774 by
Replied by on topic Sith Teachings
Not here, there should be, though.

I will PM you about other places to learn.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327775 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Sith Teachings
I can tell you personally - I am a TM here. I was raised on the street and in gangs with the ideas of fight or die and strike first. Growing up in a environment like this , I can say I was brought up or “born in the darkness” Lieing cheating stealing all of those type of things. I lived in that for a long time - even thru my twenty’s. I’m no longer under that type of mentality but I was surly raised in it in real time. If I can be any help or service - ya got me.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, jpadkins

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #327784 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith Teachings

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I can tell you personally - I am a TM here. I was raised on the street and in gangs with the ideas of fight or die and strike first. Growing up in a environment like this , I can say I was brought up or “born in the darkness” Lieing cheating stealing all of those type of things. I lived in that for a long time - even thru my twenty’s. I’m no longer under that type of mentality but I was surly raised in it in real time. If I can be any help or service - ya got me.

So you naturally associate Sithism with "lying, cheating & stealing?"

Doesn't sound like you have a firm grasp of what Sithism is really about...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #327785 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Sith Teachings
Never once did I state this is what sith ism is. To tell some one yea I know about it to be able to have some one else say no you don’t and so on and so on. That’s not what I said at all. I am simply answering a questions to the best of my ability. That’s all. The holier than thou can dwell in many places as well as who has caught the biggest fish... who can pee further and who can out do who... not my cup of tea. I was born from what I label as dark. Most would as well. I didn’t stay there, my choice. A firm grasp on a fictional consept related to modern day applications is to any ones application willing and able to - -may never have a true “firm” grip other than what the individual holds. To that I say I have a degree of first hand experience in my own path ... nothing more.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #327791 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Sith Teachings
As someone who doesn't know jack about the thing you ask, lemme tell you... I got stuff to say, so so much stuff to say. Now, never once am I saying this has anything to do with what you asked, but you did ask something. And so I'm trying my best here to make sure you know that someone read your question, you know, in case you were wondering. You are most welcome.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Amaya, Zenchi

More
5 years 5 months ago #327795 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Teachings
There were some books in the library you could look through, maybe start some discussion about aspects of what you think sithism is?
And there are other sites that have specific sith aspects.
We should look at things here because it is worthwhile studying all different avenues.

Everything is belief

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327805 by
Elizabeth, I would be happy to begin a thread and invite good Sith from around the community to come answer any questions. Not sure how many would come. But, sometimes Khaos will show up. And, Zenchi has studied the Sith path before. So has Manu.

The books in the library are ok. But, they are no substitute from hearing it out of the mouth of Baal, as it were.

Yes there are sites that would be wonderful, but I fear posting them in the public forum in case Council decides to wield their mighty ban-suspension hammer upon me.

-Zeph

More
5 years 5 months ago #327806 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Teachings
Lol
Connor its fine and maybe one day we will have a sith section here properly, it would be an asset..
Your right books arent as good as hearing it from the horses mouth but for a starting point or a discussion thread opinions about books could be interesting. Maybe just one about books in general that could enhance understanding of the sith way.
Do you have any suggestions for books?
And I personally do not see the problem with pointing people to good sith sites, if we are only to look at one side of the coin then much knowledge would be missed.

Everything is belief

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327808 by
I will post them if I hear back from a Councillor that it’s ok to.

And yeah, that could be a good start. If somebod doesn’t do soon, I’ll do it after work.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi