Battlefront

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209808 by
Replied by on topic Re:Battlefront

Cyan Sarden wrote: - in connection with the latter: I think the Empire would be better off adapting their Storm Trooper armor color to the fighting scenario. In the forest battles, you're at a serious disadvantage playing as a Storm Trooper :-)

Makes sense, I mean the Clone Trooper scouts had camo-ish armor. Seems like a strategic disaster in the making. Maybe that's why they won the battle of Hoth for the most part but ate "righteous Ewok fury" on Endor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #209815 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Battlefront
Having laser light on the battlefield means unprotected vision is not really viable anymore... so folks wearing full face helmets might be viewing things through not only a Predator-esk augmented vision (with non-visible EM and movement/shape detection and tracking overlays) but indeed the whole thing might be closed-in with screens instead of holes. Luke throwing down the 'blast shield' on his open faced helmet could be a rudimentary early form of protection (hence availability to the Rebels), while the Empire's troops (Vader included of course) and the better Bounty Hunters get the latest kit, so they can fight on in the face of energy weapons a bit more effectively - as not every bolt is going to blast your head off, as many will be reduced power due to being beyond optimal range or being deflections etc. Though plasma bolts, no idea... it is only fiction. So maybe camo becomes redundant when other sensor tech exceeds visible light or human perception!? But also, 'white' might reflect more visible light then any other colour so it might be of assistance in upping the armour rating on top of the materials characteristics, though surely by not much if any
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Cyan Sarden,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #209817 by
Replied by on topic Battlefront

Adder wrote: But also, 'white' might reflect more visible light then any other colour so it might be of assistance in upping the armour rating on top of the materials characteristics, though surely by not much if any
:lol:

I do believe this theory would be sufficient to win the coveted Marvel Comics "No Prize"! I like it! :laugh:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi