A.I. A chit chat !

More
5 years 6 months ago #325980 by Carlos.Martinez3
I was watching an interview with Joe Rogen and Elon Musk and the topic of A.I. came up. The discussion creates a few questions in my mind.
One - A.I. will be considered as my little brother Johnny puts it “Things without our limitations or consciousness ”
It is said by many theologians and phycologist that humans often possess a switch that is on a constant - off- position. This is often seen as a limitation - a no- like no - your angry but no you don’t hit back ( that’s what you were taught in school and by parents and local community standards) no you don’t seek revenge no you don’t try to takeover the world- things like this - which A.I. may or may not have due to programing. How will a mass of artificially free thinkers - more free than humans are in that sense - not sure if controlled is the word but Elon said - it’s not wise to kick a computer - they have great memory. Will we condition them or produce them to expire - if not they may live to be forever or - longer than we can. Are we truly ready for it ? We can rely and often give up many daily tasks to “computers “ or other means of lesser digital things. Will there come a day when we are truly fully reliant as the human race. ?

Can we trust the creators of A.I. to not take advantage of the weak or even dupe the masses?
Looking foward to the chit chat. Feel free to join in.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #325990 by
Replied by on topic A.I. A chit chat !
I chit chat with robots a lot - Ecosia/Google know a heck of a lot about me, and about us all as a species. Do you remember the swine flue pandemic a few years back? I read somewhere that google were able to predict demand for flu vaccines more readily than the medical profession because people would type "cure for flu" or "how to treat flu" into a search engine before they'd call their doctor to ask for help.

But language is important in my view. Adding actual meanings or values to words. Rather than them just being 1s and 0s. We've still got a way to go before I feel there is a lack of wisdom in talking to robots. I feel they are neutral allies - they can really help us to know ourselves better. I think they are as benign as humans are - I don't think of myself as anything much more complex than a biological robot - and I'm neither "good" nor "bad" - I'm just "me".

More
5 years 6 months ago #325991 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic A.I. A chit chat !
I would hope with AI there would always be built in controls for over riding any decision lol
Without emotions and only a learned series of behaviour, we will appear really strange indeed. A race that commonly destroys itself, its resources, who fight because of invisible idols. Who destroy each other in wars that could appear to make no sense.
Depending on who is programming and what data is fed they could have a screwed view of their creators.
If they are allowed to learn independently, given access to any and all areas I would think they may consider there logical approach and unemotional detachment an advantage over there creator. Leading if allowed to be truly free thinking to being aware in many ways there are far more than human beings.
Of cause they could also discover many ways to help human beings, considering they dont have the emotional attachment to certain ideas, races, religions.
I wonder if you could programme some kinds of emotions, ones that follow a set pattern, they probably wont seem at all human like at first but if allowed to experience, consider you have to wonder if they could at least achieve a level of understanding that while strange to us, could be a step towards a consciousness.
I remember reading that they shut down two AI's when they developed their own language to speak with each other. Not sure if it was true or not.
But the idea they could communicate and exclude the controllers is at the same time amazing and disturbing.
I may not understand all the tech behind AI but I do find it amazing to think about.
Although lol, you gotta take into account all the films that warn about creating a independant free thinking machine. :)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 6 months ago #325999 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic A.I. A chit chat !
Soooo , that fear of overtaking mankind can be easly asumed it’s been programmed in the A.I.
There’s an old saying - rule # 4 some ones alway behind it.
If A.I. Take over some one has allowed their parameters to do so - just chit chatting .

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326000 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic A.I. A chit chat !
Not necessarily, if they are self learning couldn't they go beyond their original programming?
Isn't that the point?

Not a fear of overtaking mankind, more I would think its logical that they could easily see the flaws in the systems we create.

Just thinking aloud and seeing humor in this

Everything is belief

More
5 years 6 months ago #326001 by Carlos.Martinez3
It is funny but there are actual people who also believe that A.I. Can and will eventually take over. That’s a totally legitimate fear we as humans have. I can’t deny I’ve been reading Issac A. Lately and “do androids dream of electric sheep.”

But I was just wondering and looking for those others who have the same questions. Thank for joining in and I hope to see more of others and their takes on things .

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326009 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic A.I. A chit chat !
These AI bots created their own dialect/shorthand, nothing complex but enough to scare some.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-happens-when-ai-bots-invent-their-own-language/

A pair of chatbots has recently done something children often do: create a secret language.

Last month, researchers at Facebook found two bots developed in the social network's AI division had been communicating with each other in an unexpected way. The bots, named Bob and Alice, had generated a language all on their own

Apprentice To Knight Atania
IP Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 6 months ago #326010 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic A.I. A chit chat !
I think machine learning is nuts in and of itself, but makes total sense in the grand scheme of things -
here we give the AI inputs and it goes through a Sigmoid function or something else that helps it generate numbers for output or bias.
...And that's it. If given the right inputs do you think a machine AI can become fully sentient?
In your opinion?

Apprentice To Knight Atania
IP Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 6 months ago #326011 by Carlos.Martinez3

Tetrahedron wrote: I think machine learning is nuts in and of itself, but makes total sense in the grand scheme of things -
here we give the AI inputs and it goes through a Sigmoid function or something else that helps it generate numbers for output or bias.
...And that's it. If given the right inputs do you think a machine AI can become fully sentient?
In your opinion?

That’s the million dollar question - will the creators give that impression or will they simply do as they are programmed. Makes me wonder. Some are it as they will create their own type of conscience- the A.I. But - of reason has its day - of it does this want it then programmed to do so?

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326012 by Carlos.Martinez3

Tetrahedron wrote: These AI bots created their own dialect/shorthand, nothing complex but enough to scare some.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-happens-when-ai-bots-invent-their-own-language/

A pair of chatbots has recently done something children often do: create a secret language.

Last month, researchers at Facebook found two bots developed in the social network's AI division had been communicating with each other in an unexpected way. The bots, named Bob and Alice, had generated a language all on their own

I’ve never thought of a “secret launguage” as much as a means , complete or incomplete, to communicate. I’ve been with people who don’t share my form of communication and we have created a way to pass info without words and even without complete thought. Nothing hidden about communication being made - I don’t think. Just a more simpler form of communication. It is neat to read about this but in the end whatbwas being passed what’s what they were made to do. They were programmed to communicate - if not directly with us then to their purpose . Advertising ! Lol sometimes what they pass as A.I. Is just a commercial trying to sell us things. But seriously , thanks for that - makes me think !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi