Microsoft's 'teen girl' AI turns into a Hitler-loving sex robot within 24 hours

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 weeks ago #235574 by
I didn't expect people to get so serious in this thread xD. This is what people do in their recreational time online... Cause mischief. I think it's funny ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 weeks ago #235584 by

ren wrote: Trolling an AI with sex and politics proves nothing other than trolling with sex and politics is a cheap and accessible form of entertainment to english-speaking tech-savvy twitter users.

Or it shows that when a group of scientists and engineers come together to create something they think is really cool they won't account for something and it spectacularly backfires. They didn't account for the internet being the internet, they also didn't account for them accounting for the internet being the internet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 weeks ago #235769 by
We are flawed, so by logic, anything we create will also be flawed.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235781 by rugadd
Unless the flaw is part of the perfection.
:lol:

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan,

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #235923 by OB1Shinobi
found this article the other day and its relevant to the AI theme of the thread so i thought this would be the place to share?

Computer wins on Jeopardy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/science/17jeopardy-watson.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Warning: Spoiler!

quick youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18EdAKuC1U

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #236000 by ren

Akkarin wrote:

ren wrote: Trolling an AI with sex and politics proves nothing other than trolling with sex and politics is a cheap and accessible form of entertainment to english-speaking tech-savvy twitter users.

Or it shows that when a group of scientists and engineers come together to create something they think is really cool they won't account for something and it spectacularly backfires. They didn't account for the internet being the internet, they also didn't account for them accounting for the internet being the internet.

I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing. This is a publicity stunt.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #236017 by

ren wrote: I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing. This is a publicity stunt.

Actually, I agree.

These guys aren't idiots. They knew what they were up to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252643 by
Laughed so hard, I cried. This was a good one. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252645 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: These guys aren't idiots.

Having spent years using MS's software testing software, and having in that time found no less than 63 bugs in it (and counting), I'm inclined to disagree.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252648 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

ren wrote: I'm pretty sure the engineers knew what they were doing. This is a publicity stunt.

Actually, I agree.

These guys aren't idiots. They knew what they were up to.

People aren't idiots, but people are often misinformed because they lack expertise. An intelligent engineer may have no knowledge of PR and a PR Manager may have no knowledge of engineering. When the two come together it only takes a little lack of communication for something to go amiss.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi