Intelligences (Are you ready to challenge your belifes?)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79653 by
I want you all to keep an open mind, and heart for what i'm about post. These ideas are totally based in theory using a working knowledge of religion and science. Nothing here is proven factual. But I want you to expand your concepts and your mind and help me expand mine. I present to you the first part in this discussion series: Intelligences.

The Force, God, and Our very existence

Part 1

To start, I will have you remember your VERY basic science lessons. Think chemistry, physics, and biology. Do you remember the Atom? Positive and negative charges. EVERYTHING is made up of tiny particles called atoms. EVERYTHING. Science has shown us this for decades. The flowers of the earth, you, the rocks, the subways, everything.
Question: How does that knowledge alone tie into being a Jedi and using the Force?

Keeping in mind we are still talking about the EXACT same thing, I want you to start meditating on this new concept.
Do not call an atom, an atom. I want you to rename the atom to “intelligence”.
Everything is made up of these intelligences. You, me, rocks, flowers, bugs, metal, concrete. All of it.

Question: Does this change your previous answer?

Here are some brain storming questions to get you to really think about this simple starting lesson:
Intelligence makes it sound like it’s own entity, does that mean it can store memories? Feelings?
Animals communicate using sound, do intelligences communicate as well?
If our minds are nothing more than intelligences, how can we truly control other intelligences? Does each have and know it’s specific job? Your brain tells your heart to pump blood, tells your lungs to take in and use oxygen, do you think it can tell the intelligences in a flower to bloom before your eyes? Or a mountain to move?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79743 by
I believe the Force to be the culmination of all "intelligences".

More
11 years 5 months ago #79751 by Wescli Wardest
Communication
Is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, visuals, signals, writing, or behavior.

Communication requires a sender, a message, and a recipient, although the receiver need not be present or aware of the sender's intent to communicate at the time of communication; thus communication can occur across vast distances in time and space. Communication requires that the communicating parties share an area of communicative commonality. The communication process is complete once the receiver has understood the message of the sender.

Nonhuman communication
Every information exchange between living organisms — i.e. transmission of signals that involve a living sender and receiver can be considered a form of communication; and even primitive creatures such as corals are competent to communicate. Nonhuman communication also include cell signaling, cellular communication, and chemical transmissions between primitive organisms like bacteria and within the plant and fungal kingdoms.

Telepathy
Is the supposed transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction. A physical model of telepathy, whether described as radiational or in other terms, assumes that transference is affected by means of a vibratory current linking one brain to another. H. H. Price also suggested that telepathy was incompatible with any material explanation, as a physical theory of telepathy would reveal radiations detectable on physical instruments but none have ever been detected. Within the field of parapsychology, telepathy is considered to be a form of extra-sensory perception (ESP) or anomalous cognition in which information is transferred through Psi. It is often categorized similarly to precognition and clairvoyance. Various experiments have been used to test for telepathic abilities. Among the most well known are the use of Zener cards and the Ganzfeld experiment.

Psychological symbiosis
On the other hand, is a less well established concept. It is an idea found in the writings of early psychoanalysts, such as Melanie Klein. It entails the belief that in the early psychological experience of the child (during earliest infancy), the child is unable to tell the difference between his or her own mind, on one hand, and his or her experience of the mother/parent, on the other hand. This state of mind is called psychological symbiosis; with development, it ends, but, purportedly, aspects of it can still be detected in the psychological functioning of the adult. Putatively, the experience of either thought insertion/removal or unconscious memories of psychological symbiosis may have led to the invention of "telepathy" as a notion and the belief that telepathy exists.

Thought...
Our definitions of things change as our understanding grows and we are able to learn more about the world around us. Knowing how math, science and philosophy has changed, evolved and grown throughout history... how can we expect our current ideologies to remain fixed?

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #79764 by
The Force by Stuart Wilde

Your Higher Self is a collective body of energy(atoms). It is vast and ageless; it is everything that you have ever been, stretching back to the edge of infinity. Within it is all the knowledge that you will ever need, and through it you can experience a limitless understanding of yourself and the physical plane, as well as of the unseen dimensions that lie close at hand. Your Higher Self is sustained by an intrinsic energy that is even bigger than itself. This sustaining energy we will call the Force.

The Force, like your Higher Self, is an energy that experiences evolution. It is massive, exhilarating, magnanimous beyond description-perhaps you might want to call it God. It is not stagnant, as some would have you believe; it is growing, dynamic, and has an inner drive or desire to become more of itself. To achieve this, it divides itself into more and more separate parts or definitions, and it does so because it knows that, by dividing and spreading out, it will have more power, and having more power, it will grow.

The Force is a part of each and every thing in the physical plane. This includes our planet, the stars and galaxies, and the physical universe, as it stretches out in space, beyond our perceptions. By its very nature, the Force is immortal and neverending, and because it is the inner light or “livingness” within all things, we call it universal. The more life force a thing expresses, the more complicated or greater is the extent of the Force within it. Therefore, a small bird expresses more of the Force than does a rock, and a human being expresses still more than a bird. But everything has the Force within it, and that is the key to an individual’s understanding.

The spiritual energy of your Higher Self also has the Force within it, and it, too, wants to grow. It began its existence by individualizing itself from the Force, and it realized that, like the Force, it could expand by dividing itself into more and more experiences. Among the things it has been are your past lives, but even before it entered your human body, it had various experiences that would help it adjust to the vibrational force of the physical plane. Up to this point, it might have had 20,000 experiences, maybe more. It would have had experiences as energy and light, as electricity and sound, and as lesser forms of existence, which allowed it gradually to adjust to the earth plane.

For the Higher Self would not enter the university of the physical experience in a complex form; it would have to go through energy experiences much like a kindergarten. It is interesting to think that there is a spiritual evolution in all things, that in the sound of a pebble tumbling over a cliff or within a flower there are countless dimensions of evolution, Higher Selves, experiencing, training-destined, perhaps, one day to be human.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by .

More
11 years 5 months ago #79795 by Alethea Thompson
This doesn't change how I view things. Once you get a number of "intelligences" together, they beging loosing individual intelligences and become groupthink. You can have various different groups with group think, and each group needs to be treated differently than the other- though perhaps still using the same theory to develop a method of interacting with them. Eventually you can separate different intelligences from the groupthink and they become individuals again.

But I think too much as it is. So for me, when someone tells you to look at a situation in a different light, I look at it as though the paper was merely painted with a different coat of colors.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79814 by
Coming from an individual married to science...

Dichotomies exist, but, the whole is made up of both of them. Positive and negative, good and bad, are relative. One identity could switch to the other depending on one's frame of reference. Nevertheless, I do believe that there is an absolute truth, even if my idea of "absolute truth" is imperfect because of the fact that I am limited by my human conception of it.

So I do the best I can, in accordance with my ideas of the "absolute truth" and what I believe is "moral*" and in accordance with it. And I try to be as informed by the intelligence around me as I can. Wherever that information comes from, and as you have explained, even the smallest of particles contribute to the intelligence that is human experience, as we perceive it.

*Moral in terms of the absolute truth, since I am part of the group of humans and not existence as a whole. But ethical (or as ethical as I can be) within the human perception of good and bad.

All right, I hope this reply makes sense... I do realize I have abstracted quite a bit. Thank you, War Beauty, for this post, and for helping me reflect on such things. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi