The force defined?

More
1 year 8 months ago #369719 by Kit Fitso
The force defined? was created by Kit Fitso
Unified conscious perspectives seem to have a life force of their own driving humanity's focus and interests. They inspire and motivate people to commit both acts of cruelty and kindness.
All species are likely compelled to produce an emergent dominant perspective (consciousness) that assists with the survival of the species in a given environment and society.
A species that doesn't have a dominant unifying driving perspective can decay socially and find it hard to survive their environment. Conversely, a species that does will flourish. Think about the history of humanity and the reasons we have had periods of civil decline and advancement.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369720 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The force defined?
Do you have any guiding questions to help us unpack the thought(s) you shared?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Gisteron, Rex

More
1 year 8 months ago #369722 by River
Replied by River on topic The force defined?
I'm not sure I really understand what a unified conscious perspective is...
I'd like to though, because this post is intriguing.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369723 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic The force defined?
@River :)
My guess, it's the theory that was developed after the 100 Monkeys experiment. Though it tends to be called the "Collective Unconscious" in circles I've seen it.

Basically, it's the belief that we share information in the Force even without knowing it. So the experiment went like this:

Here's a link to that experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #369725 by River

Alethea Thompson wrote: @River :)
My guess, it's the theory that was developed after the 100 Monkeys experiment. Though it tends to be called the "Collective Unconscious" in circles I've seen it.

Basically, it's the belief that we share information in the Force even without knowing it. So the experiment went like this:

Here's a link to that experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect

Oh. That, I'm familiar with. I feel silly; my brain just did not pick up in the translation there... thank you!
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by River.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #369727 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The force defined?
Mimicry seems to be part of our childhood development so we're sorta stuck with it I guess, which is a bit group think for my liking..... luckily a centered and balanced focus seems to anchor some measure of individuality (not for individualities sake but to avoid being the hundredth monkey). I think it has a direct relationship with fear as well, as the awareness for emerging threats uses the community actors as data sources. But I tend to lump it as a childish behaviour in contrast to adult behaviour, though I don't intend to oversell the perception of adult, or undersell the child - I think we are both, and what matters is knowing it and being mindful of it.
So to me a community driven by these sorts of group dynamics is less likely to generate best outcomes, made even worse by the effect itself which can be used to divorce participants responsibility to the result impacts. I think it's better if folk understand the why of the what so they can be informed participants... so we have some structure of responsibility within a community.

Again, all these principles speak to me of the developing from a developing dependent (child) to independent, self-sufficient, and responsible individual. I don't even think these are socially constructed ideas so much as biological realities in a social context, so for me I don't associate it to the Force in this way. Though if a community of individuals all generated their own behaviour in isolation at the same time, then it would be a force but I'm not sure using the Force to describe it achieves much utility.... unless it wasn't the product of a shared causative stimulus.

So defining the Force in some objective framework is tricky because I think most of the ideas potential is in the subjective domain, where it can really take on some role in shaping parts of cognition which then have effect outwards from mind onto body, society and spirit etc. A recent fun concept I've been playing with is using the Force as imagination, and how it relates when partnered with knowledge to generate the concept of wisdom being the interaction of imagination (subjective creativity) and knowledge (objective realities).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: River

More
1 year 8 months ago #369737 by Kit Fitso
Replied by Kit Fitso on topic The force defined?
Unified conscious perspectives simply means like-minded individuals with a common purpose.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369740 by River

Kit Fitso wrote: Unified conscious perspectives simply means like-minded individuals with a common purpose.

Ah, thank you!

More
1 year 8 months ago #369743 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The force defined?
As I seek, I have found many paths. As a human, I find culture and experiences. I find reflections and I find explanations for what is within. There is a HOPE there. It is a common hope held by all humans regardless of if we acknowledge it and how.

We cultivate ideas here.

One of those ideas is the Hero's Journey. Another is Self Reflection.

In these ideas, we can find a myriad of possibility. The Human Potential is still WELL in tact and as much as it was in the past. If it is within the human relm of human possibility, it can be done.

This Hope is everywhere, not just the Star Wars but in every Epic written and every major myth shared.

Not every one or every story has a Luke Skywalker but then again... if the story or myth is about a human or the human processes or path... there is. It aint about the STAR or role more than its about their journey as a person and their choices in the story. Something to think about as well.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
1 year 8 months ago #369831 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The force defined?

Kit Fitso wrote: All species are likely compelled to produce an emergent dominant perspective (consciousness) that assists with the survival of the species in a given environment and society.

Does "all species" here also include species that don't have/form societies at all? Like, there do exist species of non-social animals and non-animal species, right? Are they excluded from your thesis? If not, what does it mean to say it applies to them also?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi