Can something be there and then not?

More
2 years 1 month ago #366624 by Zenith Felwood
Just like title says. It's alive now its not. No sign or trace. Bones turn to dust what in time turns to nothing. World gone turns to nothing. The Russians bombed it so bad that its just gone. Is it possible nothing could remain? No force No anything?

Note please: Move post if in wrong place.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #366666 by Gisteron
Given how freely "something" can be interpreted.. sure. One might expect of me to bring up conservation laws and the like, but they only conserve some things, not somethings in general. If something can be, say, a moment, then that only is there for its own duration and never before or after, right?
It also depends on what is meant by "be there". What does being there mean, exactly? And where is this "there", anyway? A moment in time alone is of course only a moment in time, and not in any location. It is not an "event" in that sense, not something that one can adequately says happens. So is it "there", then, at all? Then again a moment could refer to an event of sorts, or even a very notable stretch of time in which at some place something significant to someone happens. Still, even if one insists that the moment is there at that time, eventually it might pass and be gone. Yet... sometimes not entirely without a trace. Yet yet... without keeping any remnant of its moment-ness. It is gone beyond recovery and the only trace it leaves behind is its impact.
So yes, as with so many ain't-it-profound-yall questions... very generally unanswerable, because it's not an actual concrete problem, but rather an invitation to ruminate and ramble. Certainly has its place, too, just... hard to quantify the final utility of.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenith Felwood

More
2 years 1 month ago #366671 by River
I find it's important to keep a firm eye on the line between stating a critical opinion, and being rude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenith Felwood

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #367834 by Zenith Felwood
I tend to agree it's not very narrowed down question. And the question is not very well defined. Even with it being massively defined. then it's too easy to say well all the variables are taken into account.therefore it's narrowed down to one singular thing. So ya I mean possible either way. Everything can be defined that way. So I can't argue you're right or not.

Everything happens through a belief or experience. In essence is that not what philosophy is? A perspective. Not all the time all the peices are together and formed or make sense at this moment in time.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Zenith Felwood. Reason: General overhauling of grammer and sentence structure (still not perfect but hey it's 3:16 am lol)

More
1 year 11 months ago #367839 by Carlos.Martinez3
Funny thing about clay is that there is no limit to how many times you can re use it.

So many times I see with my own two eyes what is not in the news. Do things happen when no one notices or hears? Yup. Can we bring or be the holders or keeper's of love, pardon, faith, light and joy. Yup. Where does the metaphorical "IT" goes once it's exhausted? Depending on your focus, it is my hope that we as Jedi come to a balance of where things go.

In one cup can dwell the past vessels. Kinna sounds like some Star Wars stuff hu?

There will always be chat and people talking. You will never stop humans from sharing. We will MAKE ways even if we don't speak the same language.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
1 year 11 months ago #367878 by Manu

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: There will always be chat and people talking. You will never stop humans from sharing. We will MAKE ways even if we don't speak the same language.

It certainly beats being stuck with one's own mind all the time. We think out loud, and finally different voices come to chip in to our own dialogue.

Useful? I would bet it is. Even if a specific use eludes even the OP. :P

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi