The Round Table: School of Life

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254183 by Rosalyn J
Hiya,

I notice that the School of Life thread is pretty popular!

I'd like to take some time to discuss some of the nuggets from there in this thread.

Anyone is welcome and encouraged to join.

We can start with the most recent one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRk7VFLH-aE

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255351 by
Replied by on topic The Round Table: School of Life
Great Idea!

So what I got the last time I saw this video that you posted, about being out of touch with a feelings, just goes to show we're all a little mad, and that we don't always act in our own best interests. Or at least, that I'm mad and i don't always act in my best inetersts! :D

So let's get a question going: what feeling(s) do you think you might be the most out of touch with?

If I'm to go first- it's gotta be anger. Sometimes I clench my jaw and then force myself to breathe down in my tummy and focus on that. Is that me being out of touch with my feelings? Although I'm not I always have the right words to express what I feel.

Which brings me to a second question: anyone else feel they haven't the words to describe their emotion?

If anyone else has any other questions- come play with us and put em up, :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #255353 by Rosalyn J
Haha! The feeling I am most out of touch with is anger as well. I believe I have been taught not to let myself feel anger, especially as a woman of my particular ethnic background. I am often told that I am being too dramatic, or too emotional, or making a big deal out of nothing.

Sometimes I feel emotions all stewing somewhere. The anger mixing with the sadness and the fear and the blah blah blah and at that point, no. I have no way to describe this soup of emotion.

What are the emotions that you have been conditioned not to feel?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi