My thoughts on the force

More
8 years 5 months ago #207125 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic My thoughts on the force

Proteus wrote: Some say the Force does not have a will, because the Force is not something they personify, as having a will is a personified trait that we conceive of ourselves as how we as humans work. In this view it falls under the same view as whether somebody personifies the concept of god as a bearded man in the clouds in a way.

At one point I resonated with abandoning any perception of the Force having a will... but then I realized something...

Am I not the Force, being a manifestation of it? And do I have a will? Then is not my will A will of the Force? And your will? Our will? Perhaps all one will, and one that we should feel right to take accountability for if we are a facet of the Force...

But then, what is "will"? Is it really a thing? Is it simply an aspect of our ego which may be merely an illusion created out of the result of our own awareness of ourselves in relation to others?

Very wisely said. I agree with you

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #207126 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic My thoughts on the force

Proteus wrote: Some say the Force does not have a will, because the Force is not something they personify, as having a will is a personified trait that we conceive of ourselves as how we as humans work. In this view it falls under the same view as whether somebody personifies the concept of god as a bearded man in the clouds in a way.

At one point I resonated with abandoning any perception of the Force having a will... but then I realized something...

Am I not the Force, being a manifestation of it? And do I have a will? Then is not my will A will of the Force? And your will? Our will? Perhaps all one will, and one that we should feel right to take accountability for if we are a facet of the Force...

But then, what is "will"? Is it really a thing? Is it simply an aspect of our ego which may be merely an illusion created out of the result of our own awareness of ourselves in relation to others?

Depends on the relationship you want to have with the Force I guess. If 'will' can be associated to human identity then its a non-issue, but if associated to other things like luck or fate etc then it can be seen to become a more complex proposition to anchor it down in some systematic relationship with [strike]real[/strike] tangible dependencies.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi