Evolution of Evolution...

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #130008 by Jestor
I keep saying we are directing our evolution....

And things we create are a part of our evelution, and that of our lives, and thatvof life in this planet, solar system, galaxy, and on and on... lol...

Attachment h749f865.jpg not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #130018 by
Replied by on topic Evolution of Evolution...
This process is already studied at the University level of Biology. The things humans invent are called extended phenotypes in the same sense that spider's web and beaver’s dam are extended phenotypes. The evolution of information or memories are called memes which was first coined by the oxford biologist Richard Dawkins.

We should also note that biological organism’s primary function is to survive and replicate, but even that is also not true as some organisms increase their gene frequency by helping other organism who are closely related to them survive and replicate. Bees and ants are a good example.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 4 months ago #130020 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Evolution of Evolution...
Well that's great!!

Some of us are not scientists ...:)

And are unaware of that...

So, as i came to this realization, I've not seen anything stated like it...

Lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #130021 by

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 4 months ago #130026 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Evolution of Evolution...
Just wait until the singularity occurs (which is predicted to be in the next 10-15 years)....

The singularity is when our knowledge/understanding of biology equals our knowledge/understanding of technology ...the two will become one....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #130031 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Evolution of Evolution...
Prepare to be assimilated...

Attachment h6fd326d.jpeg not found

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #130034 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #130038 by
Hearing all of that makes me wish we were still lived off of the land. At the rate our race is going we will be the death of Mother Earth, and ourselves with her. Becoming one with the machine will make the time it will take exponentially decrease.

My question to you (those more experienced than me), do the machines that we create hold a part of the divine energy we share with all life? I feel like that is the only way we could become one. I don't see how it's possible. I believe it is all essentially evil because it does not hold the energy we all share. A necessarily evil in our lifetime perhaps, but evil nonetheless.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #130053 by

Hearing all of that makes me wish we were still lived off of the land. At the rate our race is going we will be the death of Mother Earth, and ourselves with her. Becoming one with the machine will make the time it will take exponentially decrease.

There is that negativity again, and that dystopian opinion Jason Silva talks about in the video. Something of which I honestly cannot share with you. Lol, and you do realize that "mother earth" is not infinite yes? Nor are most speicies, in fact, extinction, is as much a part of the "natural order" as anything else.

Even the earth survivability, on a long enough timeline, drops to zero. Unless there are some absolutely earth shattering(I couldnt resist) breakthroughs in the technology you, and most seem to abhor, but ironically cannot stop using, even to the point of dropping recreational use(like the internet).

Suffice to say you could walk your talk and live off the land, but like most, I suspect its mostly all talk, as such requires alot from any individual, which is why man uses technology in the first place.

My question to you (those more experienced than me), do the machines that we create hold a part of the divine energy we share with all life? I feel like that is the only way we could become one. I don't see how it's possible. I believe it is all essentially evil because it does not hold the energy we all share. A necessarily evil in our lifetime perhaps, but evil nonetheless.

Im not sure how you have made the judgement of evil....Perhaps you should check out the "This week in science" thread in the science section. Certainly, man has used technology to do alot of negativity, but there is an overwhelming amount of positivity too. I simply think that people are tending to focus only on one predominantly it seesm, which creates for a very warped view.

We still are living off the land, haha. Gas, coal, animals, plants, etc,etc,etc.

That hasnt changed at all, at least at its fundamental base.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #130091 by
Yeah, I know that the earth is not infinite, but the destruction of life as our species knows it is being shortened I think due to how we treat her. Almost everything has both good and evil in it. The internet is obviously worth using because it allows forums like this and has so much useful information. As technology advances we also find more effective and devastating ways to kill each other(and a large portion of the environment around the afflicted area).

I should have been more specific I suppose instead of just saying living off the land. That would be nice(for myself at least), but I mainly think that we need to go back to holding the earth in a high regard (Mother Earth) and respecting it. We wouldn't be nearly as destructive then. Technological advances are not bad, but they can be used in bad ways. Man has lost its respect for the earth, especially in the West. I live at the buckle of the bible belt and the vibe that I get from the Christians here is that the Earth is at our disposal and does not really even matter because "one day soon" Christ will rise again and make the earth anew. We use oil , gasoline, and everything else that is terrible for our environment that we don't even have to use. We have found new technologies that would be so much better, but the greed of man keeps the system in place.

I agree with you on that. It has had tremendous positive effects as well. I read that thread earlier and I was astounded by some of it. I just personally feel that it is overall evil because of an overall lack of respect for the earth and the atrocities that can be committed. I suppose I should say it is a necessary evil of society, not just an evil. I'm not saying we should get rid of it by any means. I just wish it was held in a different regard is the best way to put it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi