Taking part in celebrations

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30272 by
Merry met!

The Pagan Rite conducts regular celebrations of the seasonal festivals (sabbats) and full moons (esbats) as a way of honouring the many manifestations of the Force. The dates for each celebration are listed below together with a guide on how you can take part. Celebrations are open to all Jedi and everyone is welcome!

The dates shown are for the Northern Hemisphere. Please feel free to adjust them for Southern Hemisphere members.

Sabbat celebration dates 2010:

Dates in bold refer to common dates. Dates in brackets refer to the astrological dates. Please refer to guide below for details.

Beltane - May 1st (May 6th)
Litha/Summer Solstice - Jun 21st (Jun 23rd)
Lughnasadh/Lammas - Aug 1st (Aug 8th)
Mabon/Autumn Equinox - Sep 21st (Sep 24th)
Samhein - Oct 31st (Nov 8th)
Yule/Winter Solstice - Dec 21st (Dec 23rd)

Esbat celebration dates 2010:

These are the dates of each Full Moon, approximated to GMT

May 27th
Jun 26th
Jul 26th
Aug 24th
Sep 23rd
Oct 23rd
Nov 21st
Dec 21st

Guide for taking part in ceremonies:

Sabbats are either held on the commonly-agreed dates (in bold, above) or on dates calculated by astrological means (in brackets, above). Search your feelings to find whichever date feels appropriate, although it is the INTENTION that matters (see below!).

On your chosen celebration date, find some quiet time for reflection. If you are aware of the nature of the celebration, then you may wish to allow these energies to direct your thoughts. Each celebration will be given its own forum topic, complete with a description of the energies and the chance to post prayers and wishes.

As for the time, sabbats usually begin at sunset wherever you are. However, since the Force is eternal, time and date are not as important as the INTENTION to join in with the celebration. The Force will guide all celebrants to the same moment.

You may use this time as you feel appropriate. Spend as long as you wish in meditation and contemplation of positive things; send love, compassion and understanding; give thanks for the Force and your life within it; or whatever comes to mind.

If you wish to use a point of reference, then please focus on the logo of the Order, a copy of which can be found on the front page. The energies of all participants will be guided to this place and then sent out into the world for the benefit of all life. If you are trained in energy sending (for example, Reiki), then please join us in this process.

If you have any questions relating to celebrations and how you can take part, please post them below.

Brightest blessings in the Force,
Mark Anjuu (High Priest)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #38402 by
Replied by on topic Re:Taking part in celebrations
DATES FOR 2011

The dates shown are for the Northern Hemisphere. Please feel free to adjust them for Southern Hemisphere members.

Sabbat celebration dates 2011:

Dates in bold refer to common dates. Dates in brackets refer to the astrological dates if they differ. Please refer to guide below for details.

Beltane - May 1st
Litha/Summer Solstice - Jun 21st
Lughnasadh/Lammas - Aug 1st (July 30th)
Mabon/Autumn Equinox - Sep 21st (Sep 23rd)
Samhein - Oct 31st
Yule/Winter Solstice - Dec 21st (Dec 22nd)

Esbat celebration dates 2011:

May 17th
Jun 15th
Jul 15th
Aug 13th
Sep 12th
Oct 12th
Nov 10th
Dec 10th

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #49268 by
Replied by on topic Re:Taking part in celebrations
DATES FOR 2012

Sabbat celebration dates 2012:

Dates in bold refer to common dates. Dates in brackets refer to the astrological dates if they differ. Please refer to guide below for details.

Imbolc - Feb 1st (Feb 4th)
Ostara/Spring Equinox - Mar 21st (Mar 20th)
Beltane - May 1st (May 4th)
Litha/Summer Solstice - Jun 21st(Jun 20th)
Lughnasadh/Lammas - Aug 1st (Aug 6th)
Mabon/Autumn Equinox - Sep 21st (Sep 22nd)
Samhein - Oct 31st (Nov 6th)
Yule/Winter Solstice - Dec 21st

Esbat celebration dates 2012:

Jan 9th
Feb 7th
Mar 8th
Apr 6th
May 6th
Jun 4th
Jul 3rd
Aug 2nd
Aug 31st
Sep 30th
Oct 29th
Nov 13th
Dec 28th

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49270 by
Replied by on topic Re: Taking part in celebrations
Wow there are two full moons in Aug.
How often does that happen?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49271 by
It's called a "blue moon".. it doesn't happen very often, hence the expression.. "once in a blue moon"

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49273 by
Indeed! It happens every 2 or 3 years due to the fact that the lunar month is fixed (i.e. takes 29.5 days) and there are around 11 more days in the solar year. So every couple of years you get 13 full moons in a year (and therefore 2 in 1 month).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #49274 by
Very cool.. thanks guys
I've heard the expression .. Blue Moon but
never knew that..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #119359 by
Replied by on topic Taking part in celebrations
Hi Mark,

I thought the temple should get to know you? I thought perhaps we would get to know one another?

Yours amoung the oaks.

Jayden.

/!\
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119360 by
Hi Mark,

If you are the leader of the Pagan faith. It would be wonderfful if you would be present?

I need to learn from someone?

You seem like a charming man.

Post once in a while.

Yours amoung the oaks!

Your friend in courage,

Jayden

/!\

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119418 by
Jayden,

As you may know, I have been a member of TOTJO for 3 and a half years, most of that time as a serving member of the Council. At present, most of my regular duties concern Council matters, my apprentices, and overseeing the Clerical training at the Seminary. I am happy to field any other matters, especially those relating to the Pagan section, but I only have limited time available at the moment (having just moved my entire life to a new town and faced with building up my business from scratch).

Feel free to interact with this (and any other) section of the forum and I will respond where I can. The initial training undertaken at TOTJO is in the form of the Initiate's Programme. Any one-to-one training beyond that point comes in the form of apprenticeships, an opportunity for more path-specific focus. May the Force guide you through the IP and if it is willing, that we may then engage more fully after that point.

I hope to re-start the sabbat services here, and also to continue to contribute more posts and essays to this section. I just need to finish my many other projects first!

As a point of correction, paganism is but one of many different strands that may be incorporated into your own Jedi path. As Advisor to this section, I guide but do not lead. The Council oversees the Temple but we are still servants of the people :)
If you would like to get to know me more fully, feel free to communicate via PMs or the forum, or try some of my previous posts, although be warned that there are over 3000 of them!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi