Druid Orders that compliment your Pagan Force Studies

More
6 years 5 months ago #302640 by Lykeios Little Raven

jzen wrote: That sounds awesome :) My original draw to it was the way the rituals tied into the seasons. When I developed any affinity for a particular hearth culture, (in my case, the Saxon hearth culture) I created a lot of my own. ADF offers a lot of standardized stuff, as far as ritual is concerned, but I always liked my own personal prayer life with it. I do think they have a Hellenistic/Greek hearth culture group in one of the Kins on the website.

Ah, cool. As good a way as any to be drawn toward a religious/spiritual practice.
Wow, a Hellenic Druid group? 0.o Interesting...

How do you use it in yourJedi work?

Well, I'm actually no longer "Jedi"...but when I was I actually sort of fit Jediism into my existing beliefs, so it was more like I used Jedi stuff in my Hellenic practice/beliefs.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #302641 by

Lykeios wrote: Ah, cool. As good a way as any to be drawn toward a religious/spiritual practice.
Wow, a Hellenic Druid group? 0.o Interesting...

Yeah, they're called the "Oi Asproi Koukouvayies" (White Owls Kin). I don't know how active they are but it is a registered Kin on the website.

Well, I'm actually no longer "Jedi"...but when I was I actually sort of fit Jediism into my existing beliefs, so it was more like I used Jedi stuff in my Hellenic practice/beliefs.

Cool :) I'd love to hear how you did that. In mine, I see some overlap in both, but they still seem like pretty separate things to me. It's created a very tiered worldview for me...like different planes of existence sharing space. I haven't been very active in the forums here in the past, mostly because I didn't really think I had much to say. I like the solitary spirituality in that regard. I am trying to change that though and make more of a presence so that if anything, at least people know who I am when I say something hahahaha.
If you have any questions about ADF, I'll do my best to answer them. I'm going on my third year with them there, but like most religious or spiritual backgrounds, there's always lots of new stuff to discover and I certainly don't know everything, lol.

So are you planning on finishing your apprenticeship for knighthood and maintaining that kind of a presence here, or is this just a place to kinda hang out for you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi