The "sand people" sect

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #86463 by
The "sand people" sect was created by
At the Force Academy, there has been much talk of adding another Force Realist group based off of the Mandalorians. Because a certain Dark Aspect member, Failed Save, wanted to point out the pointlessness of adding groups to the FA, as well as the insignificance and adaptability of practically anything one wants, he created the proposal (parody) for a Sand People forum. Some of this is humorous, some of it isn't. But, it can be a lesson that all things can provide meaning to us. But, the topic is not as important as what we get out of it:

Disclaimer: I do not support a sand-people sect. :P

I am officially requesting we start a forum dedicated to a group of individuals who have embraced the philosophies of the Sand People into their real lives here at the Force Academy.

I make this request because the Force Academy is a Star Wars based community, where I believe discussion and conversations focused around Sand People will thrive and not get buried in non-dedicated areas, or get looked over in its own forum off-site.

I present the following ten basic tenets of Sand People culture, along with real world interpretations and applications:

1) The Sand People were a warrior based culture, divided into individual tribes. Application: Strive for a warrior mentality in your daily life, and adhere to the principals of your community.

2) It is traditional for Sand People to conceal all parts of their flesh. Application: Conceal the true aspects of your life, revealing them only to those closest to you.

3) When Sand People, particularly males, no longer had the physical ability to effectively wield their weapons, they committed ritual suicide. Application: If you are physically weak, or unable to live a warrior lifestyle, you should abandon this path and seek one more appropriate to your abilities. Leave warriorship to warriors, instead of creating a pretend, egocentric "spiritual" warrior lifestyle.

4) The Sand People were a nomadic culture. Application: live simply and sustainably, and strive for freedom from material attachment.

5) The Sand People depended on Banthas, and these animals were a central part of their lifestyle. Application: understand and appreciate the resources which are available to you, treat them with utmost respect, and revere nature.

6) Sand People culture endured unchanged for centuries. Application: find what works in your life, and stick to it with rigid discipline.

7) Sand People children engaged in an act known as the Bloodrite, when a youngster became a hunter and tortured his kill to death. Application: strive to sublimate your weakness to blood and physical violence. This is essential for a warrior.

8) Sand People took their parents names with honor, and worked hard to maintain the good standing of their name. Application: the same, essentially. Embrace where you came from, and be an example of it.

9) Stories were the chief method of passing on knowledge in Sand People culture, the wording of which was very precise. Application: strive to improve your memory, alertness, and power of mental retention as much as possible.

10) Finally, in the films, the sounds of the Sand People were made by donkeys. Application: talk like a jack *** whenever possible.

Thank you for reading and your consideration. I look forward to your support, which, if gained, will help to facilitate a place where this potential life path, based on the great and yet overlooked and under-appreciated Tusken Raiders, can be built to a workable, usable philosophy which will help people grow.

Edited for language... I forgot it was in there. lol.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 4 months ago #86466 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: The "sand people" sect
hee hee hee haw.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 4 months ago #86473 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: The "sand people" sect
I believe there is a guest(I think) here who want to follow the Mandalorian lifestyle....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86475 by
Replied by on topic Re: The "sand people" sect
Iron Wings is that individual at the FA vying. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86502 by
#10 is abused by too many. I cannot support it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86519 by
It's a Dark Aspect member and I suspect he's taking the piss out of the Mandalorian sect.

All that said, Darth Krayt was pretty cool, and he was a Sand Person.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86825 by
"URoRRuR'R'R"

What more need be said?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86828 by
you forgot while shaking gaffi sticks over your head in a rythmic up and down motion.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #86829 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: The "sand people" sect
Judging by the hair on my body, Im part wookiee....:blink:

Or Italian...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #86830 by
Related to ren are we? :P :silly:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi