French move to ban prostitution by punishing clien

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 5 months ago #45555 by ren
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16047284

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45557 by
Another r*tarded law if you ask me.

Like in the Netherlands, where its legal to buy or sel soft drugs, but illegal to grow them...

Allowing prostitutes, but not allowing someone to visit them...

Like it said in the article, this will just mean those women will take greater risks cause they have no other choice...

Obviously prostitution has its down sides...forced labour and human traficking and all. But if someone wants to make a living having sex with complete strangers, then who are we to forbid such a thing.

No-one else gets hurt in the process...she gets paid he gets laid. Better then having sexual frustrated men out on the street. In which case they might even decide to rape someone to meet their urges.

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
12 years 5 months ago #45560 by ren

Obviously prostitution has its down sides...forced labour and human traficking and all.

This only happens because the sector is not well regulated (thanks to prohibition). The same thing could happen to farm and factory workers.(And does happen in some countries).

But if someone wants to make a living having sex with complete strangers, then who are we to forbid such a thing.

The issue with such a law is that it dictates under what circumstances people can have sex. If I look at the great many middle age men I've worked with, They got married, paid for the stay-at-home wife, got divorced, and moaned everyday at having to still pay her and getting no sex... Reminds you of anything? :laugh:

No-one else gets hurt in the process...she gets paid he gets laid.

There's a LOT of male prostitutes.

Better then having sexual frustrated men out on the street. In which case they might even decide to rape someone to meet their urges.

I actually believe this is a problem. Men (normally)have a physiological need for sex that women (normally) do not have. Although I do not think we'd witness a hike in (actual) rape cases, I'm sure there would be more improprieties at the work place for instance.

Also, I have never used a prostitute's services so I'm not well aware of their work ethics or real safety issues, problems with the authorities, etc, but I think cooperative brothels are the way forward. Multiple workers at a fixed adress = increased security, no issues with public order or safety relating to dark streets, can shut the door when necessary, hire one of them gigantic bouncers and get rid of pimps and madams.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45563 by
Prostitution is not a safe line of work between guys who strangle them and kill them at the end or pimps beating them reguraly that is a great reason why it's illegal. In America we have cops who dress as prostitutes and nab up the johns to make people afraid to try it which means less demand and the supply leaves the area. Now if it was a safe set up with CLEAN tricks and johns to prevent stds that a lot of prostitutes are infected with by the johns then I can see it more so legal but until there is a system to keep away stds and run it as a respectable business with security it won't be legalized (at least here in the us at least)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45564 by

There's a LOT of male prostitutes.

lol im sure there are. I've only seen female ones in Amsterdam so far tho. Prefer it that way :P

I'll just change it to 'he/she get paid, he/she gets laid'

Also, I have never used a prostitute's services so I'm not well aware of their work ethics or real safety issues, problems with the authorities, etc, but I think cooperative brothels are the way forward. Multiple workers at a fixed adress = increased security, no issues with public order or safety relating to dark streets, can shut the door when necessary, hire one of them gigantic bouncers and get rid of pimps and madams.

Yes I agree. This is also already happening for some part. Best way is to simply map the places and people who work in that sector...

You'll always keep forced/illegal prostitution, but by providing a non illegal alternative you can keep it to a minimum.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45565 by

Nameless3450 wrote: Prostitution is not a safe line of work between guys who strangle them and kill them at the end or pimps beating them reguraly that is a great reason why it's illegal.

Read:

However, France's sex workers' trade union, Strass, has called a rally outside parliament to oppose the proposed bill.

It draws a clear distinction between consensual prostitution and sexual trafficking and fears that a reduction in clients might drive prostitutes to accept riskier transactions.

There is a difference between forced prostitution and prostitution.

Who are you to say what someone should and shouldn't do with their own bodies?

More
12 years 5 months ago #45566 by Wescli Wardest
There are inherent risks in everything we do.

I do not make policy nor would I wish to. Seeing how I have no experience with the matter of prostitution; I can pass no informed judgment.

I have no experience not because the opportunity has never presented itself, but because I do not approve of the profession. That is no more than a personal judgment call. And it is mine to make.
The real crime is when we impose our own opinions on others.

People can argue reasons and find supporting data to reinforce their positions till the cows come home. But, they are still just attempting to force their will upon others.

It is said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Monastic Order of Knights

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
12 years 5 months ago #45568 by ren

Prostitution is not a safe line of work between guys who strangle them and kill them at the end or pimps beating them reguraly that is a great reason why it's illegal.

Hmm I didn't know people didn't get beaten, strangled or killed in the US. Prohibition works.

Now if it was a safe set up with CLEAN tricks and johns to prevent stds that a lot of prostitutes are infected with by the johns then I can see it more so legal but until there is a system to keep away stds and run it as a respectable business with security it won't be legalized (at least here in the us at least)

You should get out more. There are condoms... And you can't setup a business with security if the product you're selling is prohibited.

More
12 years 5 months ago #45569 by Br. John
In parts of the US state of Nevada prostitution is legal. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Nevada

Here's what Jerri Blank has to say on the subject.
When you work from your home
and johns call on the phone
you're a call girl.

When you walk til you limp
and give a cut to a pimp
you're a street whore.

When they're beggin' you "please"
to get down on your knees
near their groinage;

Excusa me,
but you see,
don't you touch
where they pee
without coinage

From Strangers With Candy

See http://jerriblank.com/swcquotes.html

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45588 by
Yeah nameless I'm sorry but a lot of the "negatives" of prostitution only exist because of it's prohibition. It's the same way with marijuana.

Yeah prostitutes do get murdered (in america, where it's illegal) and beaten and raped and all these things, and pimps do run the whole scene and abuse their women, but all that happens because they do not have an avenue to go and fix these things. They can't complain to the cops because they get thrown in jail, can't go to the labor board because their "job" is illegal, so they have no options and this violence all occurs. You legalize it, regulate it, and put in rules, then you can start having the clean and safe prostitution business. Legalization would have to come first though.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi