Random Questions

More
3 years 4 months ago #356035 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Random Questions

OB1Shinobi wrote: At what point is revenge justifiable?

Revenge is not the way of the Jedi. Or a Knight.

We should seek justice and balance. If your emotions will not allow you to do that then it might be best to let someone else handle the matter.

That said... for all my efforts I am only human. Fallible and flawed. I can not guaranty that if someone hurt my daughter I would or could let others deal with the situation. :evil:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356041 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Random Questions
You may be right to react that way, just as the police may be right to lock you up for it. This is a major struggle for people, in my mind: We can say "no" to reality all we want, but I'm pretty sure the whole shebang will continue on if one person kills another, or even if a comet smashes us to smithereens. Morals, ethics: these are not intrinsic to all of reality. No amount of justice weighs even an ounce. Humans created these ideas, and like a child playing with a knife and a piece of wood trying to be a master carpenter, we often fall short and end up injuring ourselves.

Of course, if you don't practice...

rugadd

More
3 years 4 months ago #356042 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Random Questions
To be clear, I have my own morals and ethics: I am human after all and it is within us to decided these things. Expecting anyone else to share what I view as right and correct is foolish in my mind, though. I can say, as Jedi, I am on the side of life, but that is connected to the idea that we are All One Creature. I don't smash flies, I put them outside, or ignore them, but I will squish a mosquito who bit me. Wescli would be correct in my mind to defend their children's life by taking one, just as I wouldn't blame the police for locking him up over it. Your dealing with 2 different moral sets at that point: Wescli's and Societies.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 4 months ago #356047 by Atania Kenobi
Replied by Atania Kenobi on topic Random Questions
To begin with, I am very happy with the responses and it'ts the exact reason I created this topic. Now another question, "Does the direction of your head( North, East, South, or West) while sleeping has its benefits?" I found this article https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/magazine-ideal-sleeping-direction-as-per-vastu/#:~:text=4.,negative%20energies%20in%20your%20life. and if you are someone like me who have troubles sleeping, staying asleep, or constant nightmares might benefit from this, but I can't force you! Before, I usually had my head pointed south for a long time and I did see results, but then 2020 came and I changed it so I was facing the west. Personally, I do feel that this is real and I hope it does benefit you as well. So, I leave this information to you, and May the force be with you!

Atania
Knight of the Order
My Journals- IP / Apprentice / Personal
House of Orion
Teaching Master- Zero
”People are like flowers. We follow the way of heliotropism: the following and turning away from the light. From this, there is a diversity in the flowers some are large and small, tall and short, putrid and fragrant, yet in the end they bloom in their own time and in their own ways. Beauty in diversity and in yourself is for you alone to experience and to cherish.
[img

More
3 years 4 months ago #356049 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Random Questions
I have looked into that some years back. I tried all the head facing directions. I still got the ongoing Night Hag, the nightmares of doomsdays and dreams of being in the middle of battlefields or some other life threatening situation. I still had the dreams of dying in every imaginable way possible (very unpleasant btw). What worked for me in the end was inner-child work. I had those kinds of dreams for 20-30 years, I got to the point I was able to feel when things were about to go really bad and I would force myself awake. Now I have restful sleep.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus

More
3 years 4 months ago #356058 by Atania Kenobi
Replied by Atania Kenobi on topic Random Questions
Jeez, that sounds really horrible. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I thought I had control over my waking day after a nightmare, but 2020 happened and now I'm back to square one.

Atania
Knight of the Order
My Journals- IP / Apprentice / Personal
House of Orion
Teaching Master- Zero
”People are like flowers. We follow the way of heliotropism: the following and turning away from the light. From this, there is a diversity in the flowers some are large and small, tall and short, putrid and fragrant, yet in the end they bloom in their own time and in their own ways. Beauty in diversity and in yourself is for you alone to experience and to cherish.
[img

More
3 years 4 months ago #356063 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Random Questions
I learned a lot about dream control from it, and most of my fears are either gone or I am able to deal reasonably rather than emotionally from the experiences.

And 2020 happed to everyone world round. It hasn't been an easy year. But it too shall pass.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atania Kenobi

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #356077 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Random Questions
Well, head pointing a direction will relate to where the morning light will penetrate into the space each morning, and the magnetic field, and where moonlight might penetrate, in relation to your head. Otherwise things like door locations, breeze directions, house wiring, outside/nearby noise sources might have impact as well.

Fun idea though, here is me;
1974->1978: 360° (-02°) = 358mag
1979->1979: 005° (+12°) = 017mag
1980->1981: 340° (+12°) = 355mag
1982->1985: 345° (+12°) = 357mag
1986->1988: 290° (+11°) = 301mag
1989->1992: 090° (+11°) = 101mag
1993->1996: 360° (+11°) = 011mag
1998->2002: 300° (+13°) = 313mag
2002->2003: 270° (+11°) = 281mag
2003->2005: 175° (+11°) = 186mag
2005->2006: 240° (+11°) = 251mag
2006->2008: 120° (+11°) = 131mag
2008->2009: 240° (+11°) = 251mag
2010->2019: 160° (+11°) = 171mag
2020->: 177° (+11°) = 189mag

Skipped a couple of years where I moved a few too many times.

In regards to justice, a system term to represent appropriate placement (of perp) within that system and in this context security to that system. Victims might want revenge, but things like that are subjective variables, too undefined for the establishment to legislate. The decisions made by bodies within the judiciary have to balance the interests of all involved to asses what will be deemed as 'appropriate', be it reaching that threshold of the burden of proof or an amount of remediation etc. You can't go back and rewrite the past, so associations of blame have to carefully mapped to direct cause and effect on one hand, and proof on the other. I think they are the things balanced out.... not necessarily the arguments or suffering of two parties.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Adder.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356078 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Random Questions

Atania Kenobi wrote: "Does the direction of your head( North, East, South, or West) while sleeping has its benefits?"

No. Not unless they are some kind of non-natural benefits that at the same time do depend on your body's position but then also have nothing to do with your body. Otherwise they can't have an impact strong enough that you'd have noticed and also weak enough to entirely evade experimental detection. With or without astrology - Indian or otherwise - what is going on inside your head is, essentially, chemistry. We know this well enough that we can manipulate it in various ways by strictly chemical means. Now, yes, sure enough, things like the coriolis effect and the Earth's magnetic field do in principle have a measurable impact on the motion of particles on large enough scales where short-ranged influences are averaged away, but these are conditions that are very far from met inside our bodies. The forces between two ions inside your brain are many orders of magnitude stronger than almost anything the sun, the moon, the stars, or the Earth can do to either of them. Heck, I reckon even how much sugar you put in your evening tea has more of an impact on how you rest that night than whether you lie down facing east or west. For that matter, so can other things, as Adder points out, like airflow, noise sources, and lighting, have an influence. Not enough to mess with your brain directly, but enough to provide stimuli to your senses, directing your attention, perhaps. If however the direction with respect to Earth's spin or magnetic field was any kind of important, a compass would be in any chemist's tool kit for the same reason, while us regular folk could at least roughly tell which direction a bed faces without consulting one (or the sky, for that matter).

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atania Kenobi

More
3 years 4 months ago #356092 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Random Questions
Well it is the standard International Terrestrial Reference System and Frame. Something doesn't have to be physical, nor does it have to be discounted out of hand because no science exists to support physical interaction... like magnetic fields. It's just the most handy way we map our space. I guess people can opt to live in corridors and spaces if they choose something like tree structures but that feels a bit too conceptual and not earthy enough for me.

I mean, if we map out our space cognitively in anyway at all then there is an argument for where we 'face' when we sleep having a potential to play a role in how much awareness we have on things in that direction be it from ones history or current events locally or globally. I'd venture that could play into dream content potentially, last thoughts before going to sleep, or initial thoughts upon waking in some instances depending on the sensitivity of those memories. These things could impact ones experience of sleep.

Might be worth noting the role in ones posture during sleep, does your face pull around to face the door, or the foot of the bed when you lay in a comfortable position, is it a good posture or bad posture, or do you contort, or lay squif to avoid a sharp edge on a nearby bedstand.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi