I want to compile a 'sermon' book.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #324569 by
Hello everyone,
I apologise for not sending through photos and copies of the Sermon Book before I left for my trip.
Well, I have returned and boy am I glad I had this book with me. It was such a magnificent way to stay in touch with the Force and teachings from our wonderful members.
Attached I have a few photos of what the book turned out and a download link for a word copy of the book if you wish to have it for yourself.
Photos
Warning: Spoiler!

Book Download

For the next time that I compile some sermons, I will be changing a few dimensions to make it easier for printing and if you wish to print a book for yourself, let me know if I can help!

May the Force go with you all
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #324599 by Nakis
That's a lovely looking book! Thank you for working on it!

Question: How much did your printer charge you for the book itself?

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #324660 by
For anyone moving forward with this project or any others like it, I'd like to offer some clarification about what we should and shouldn't include in printed materials so that we can avoid any issues while still taking advantage of the great material our members have created over the years.

The most important point to understand is that the copyright of any material posted to the Temple of the Jedi Order website still remains in the possession of the original author. By submitting work here, the authors are allowing us to use the material here. This means that we do not have permission to use this material outside of this website without their permission. As of this moment, TOTJO does not have any agreement in place with our members that would allow us to share these copyrights and we do not have a license to redistribute any of the material for non-TOTJO use.

What does this all mean? It means that if we are going to print hard copies of any work on this website or distribute digital copies of any work on this website, we need to get permission from the authors first. As we've already seen, most Jedi here are more than willing to share their work and allow it to be used freely. However, there are a few contributors from the past who may have left on bad terms or changed their perspective and no longer wish for their work to be seen outside of this website. Both legally and as a matter of politeness, we need to respect their wishes. Essentially, if we don't have written permission, it doesn't go in the book.

Going forward, anyone wishing to publish or distribute any material from the site can reach out to the authors for permission and submit written evidence of that permission to Council. The easiest way to do this would be to create a thread in the forum describing the project and asking for authors to reply to the thread with their permission. You can then private message those authors and ask them to respond to the thread. If you are unable to contact the author, Council will make our best effort to contact them on your behalf and seek the permission you need.

I apologize if this is a bit of a buzz kill, but we don't want efforts to share and celebrate our great content ruined by a legal matter. I appreciate your understanding.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #324661 by
Ah! I get now why you need to have that papertrail - For forms sake then, I consent :) Marc and I are buddies, so I didn't think I needed to reply formally! :laugh: No buzzkill felt here!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #324662 by
Oh... and you can use my work too :) I guess I should be following my own rules here :pinch: :silly:

More
5 years 8 months ago #324663 by Nakis
I wonder if, upon submitting a sermon, we can mark it open for use or not. I think having one of these put out a year would be an interesting venture, even if it's just going into personal and local libraries.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi