The Members Thread

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #250277 by
The Members Thread was created by
So,
I am having quite a hard time understanding what it is to be a 'Member', like myself, of the Temple. Some of my questions are:
. Do we have the same privileges as a knight ??
. Can a member become a member of the clergy or the council without becoming an apprentice ??
. Can a member have a job around the Temple, like a representative or a librarian or all the others without undergoing the apprentice and master phase ??

Just curious, that's all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #250281 by x57z12
Replied by x57z12 on topic The Members Thread
Lets see if I can help you out.
- Do we have the same privileges as a knight?
-> No. Taking on apprentices is for knights and above for example

- Can a member become a member of the clergy or the council without becoming an apprentice?
-> Yes, but you need to be an initiate to start the seminary (not an apprentice)
---> https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#JointheClergy
-> Don't know about the council

- Can a member have a job around the Temple, like a representative or a librarian or all the others without undergoing the apprentice and master phase
-> There are a lot of jobs around the temple, for example translations are always helpful. I guess you are refering to offices specifically? Or official functions in general?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Loudzoo, Brick

More
7 years 9 months ago #250282 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic The Members Thread
Hey,

In general all members (apprentices, initiates, novices, Knights and members) have the same main privilege: to be members of this community. If service and 'jobs' are privileges (I think they are!) then those who are most involved and have been most consistent in their presence here tend to be those with such privileges. It's a crude way of putting it but one could say - the more you put in, the more you get out.

I'm not aware of there being constitutional restrictions regarding the need to have a certain rank to do a certain job - but there are practical restrictions. For instance - would you be able to support novices during the IP if you haven't actually done the IP yourself? Maybe - but it wouldn't be an obvious fit!

The clergy is slightly different in that roles there are more closely linked to rank but I'll let someone actually in the clergy explain that!

There is no prescription that lays out what a member can or can't do - it's up to you! The vast majority of the 'jobs' that people do here have no title and can often go unnoticed. If you like the sound of that, PM me - I may have something that would fit for you!

I hope that helps!

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
7 years 9 months ago #250283 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Members Thread
Offices and positions of responsibility are usually only given to knights (or where a knight is not available, an apprentice) because they have displayed already some level of commitment to the Temple.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo, Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi