Share Some Wisdom (associated with an image)

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #211449 by Proteus
Yesterday morning, I was cleaning my kitchen and a thought went through my head (it was a reminder to myself about not letting myself get too wrapped up in something like a video game to escape the life I have in front of me right now, if I want to actually keep up with it), but the form of the wording of this thought was opened to a deeper idea about it all, and reminded me of a concept that I found in an image that complimented it well. So I posted it to my personal journal (linked in my signature). Last night I figured, why not make a thread for all of us to share a thought associated with an image (piece of art, a photograph, etc). Likewise, it can just as well be an image you have found first that a deep thought comes to mind afterward of course.

To start, I'll go ahead and paste here what I put in my journal. (though I cannot remember where I found this image and may update it later with the source, I recommend that if you paste something that belongs to another author and deserves it, cite where it came from for respect to the original author).

Warning: Spoiler!

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Loudzoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211568 by
(This is a blog entry I made in October on JEDIPhilosophy.org)

No matter what path you follow, you will hear people from every angle trying to pull you away from it, to go down a different path. Usually their intentions are pure, but not always. Generally, everyone thinks their path is the correct one and they will often try to recruit others to come with them. The reasons vary, but the core is always the same: closed-mindedness.

It's a disease, of sorts. The thing is, as I've said before, the Force or God or whatever you want to call it, is so much bigger than any of our definitions or conceptualizations. Anyone who claims to know the "true" path, or the "true" God, should be avoided. None of our minds can comprehend how inclusive the divine truly is. These words I'm writing now will not even do the truth any justice, and so you shouldn't even trust my opinions on this. You have to find it yourself.

A saying I came up with over 15 years ago is something that guides me still to this day, and I believe it better sums up what I've said here:

You can search for years and years,
through mountains and deserts,
and never find it.
That is because it was always with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211587 by
Here are some of my own photos.

Duality

There is no death

More
8 years 4 months ago #212543 by Yugen

Attachment hd4741cd.jpeg not found

No matter how strong the storm is
You must never let it drag you under the surface

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #212564 by Wescli Wardest
Growth is an essential part of the human experience.

Attachment hb02177b.JPG not found

As we acquire knowledge, experience and wisdom we have the opportunity to learn from it and grow.

Attachment h5d022a6.JPG not found

Like a seed, we grow and our potential is discovered and we become so much more than we ever were.
:ohmy:

But if we fear growth then we risk becoming very smart seeds… and not much more.
:P

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #212574 by OB1Shinobi

the courage that comes from simple human dignity is more powerful than any weapon of war

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #239436 by
Its about the storm ,the walking through it , and seeing the beauty of it :cheer:

My daughter took this picture in front of our house a few years back , we have been through many storms together ;)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239488 by

"Life is messy. Being covered in mud means you were in it, not just looking at it." ~ Luciana- Sith Lady

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #239491 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:

the courage that comes from simple human dignity is more powerful than any weapon of war

LOL this also speaks to conformity. Why dont the other tanks just drive around that guy and the front tank!

Never follow the crowd, be an individual!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #239518 by

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi