Team credits

Kunena® Forum is an open source project that requires the dedication and investment of personal time from various contributors. This version has been made possible by the following contributors :
The Kunena Team would like to thank the community for its help and support. We also appreciate the hard work of everyone who have translated Kunena into many other languages. In addition we would like to thank many members of, past and present, who have contributed and helped make this a more stable and bugfree version.
To return to the forum click here
Copyright © 2008 - 2013 Kunena, License: GNU GPL
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Thing All Women Do That You Don’t Know About (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: I... women in general need to be guided, from youth, to discover their strength. While the difference in muscle and aggression between average men and women certainly is a factor, nurturing healthier characters in both boys and girls perhaps could prevent a lot of pain. I don't disagree with you, I do believe that respect must be taught to all both boys and girls, but that a great deal of behaviour is learned from parents. My friends who are teachers tell me that children who say racist things, for example, often have parents who don't understand what the problem is, and have expressed similar opinions to their children. Often, women are strong inside, but they don't speak out because they know it makes no difference. We're brushed off, or made fun of, or told to 'stop being so sensitive' (my favourite one!). Once you realise speaking out doesn't make much of a difference... you stop doing it. What some don't realise I think is that it's never just one thing.. it's never just one joke, or one incident.. it's an accumulation of many across years.. so that joke you think is funny about women, has been heard by that woman probably a hundred times, and it never gets funny. Some of my colleagues made a rape joke at work the other day, not to a woman funnily enough, and I had to shut it down because I don't know what experiences others in my office have had. A friend of mine was raped and she spoke of it to about to only two people because of shame, so jokes like that to her must cut deep.
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by Omhu Cuspor)
    • Quote: The thing is it always bothers me whenever I try asking questions. Whenever someone questions the official story, you see the media and the people have this "How dare you question your government?" mentality? I thought it was good to ask questions but apparently now that seems to be looked down upon. I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Personally, given what we've seen since the turn of the century, I am disturbed more by people who dare not question their leadership more than I am by those who do question. I wasn't always like this, but can remember exactly what triggered the shift. In the months following 9/11, Colin Powell presented a well-known speech to the United Nations, presenting the U.S. administration's evidence that Iraq was building weapons of mass destruction. Not long thereafter, an article from The Guardian , the respected news outlet from the U.K., fell into my hands. It heavily quoted a Cambridge professor who thought he recognized the text from which Powell was reading, and so started delving into his archives. He found the original document; it was the thesis of a graduate student focused on the situation in Iraq, written in 1991 - ten years earlier, when Bush the senior was preparing for Desert Storm. When the professor compared the thesis to the text of Powell's speech, he found even the misspellings and grammatical errors were the same. Powell has asserted that the document he was reading was current intelligence. That's when I knew things were not as they were being communicated to us. I see an awful lot from the conspiracy-theory community which strikes me as either unsupported or, sometimes, outright lunacy, but those we chide as part of the tin-hat crowd at least have their instincts well-tuned to the idea we are often being fooled. I encourage you to keep asking questions. Lots of people won't pay attention, but some will. Of those, some will oppose your point of view, and - when they are civil and thoughtful - it pays to consider what they say, as none of us is always right. The majority consensus, though, at least in this period, is IMHO most often wrong.
    • Physical temple (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: Even if everyone agreed on location who's going to pay for it? The TOTJO itself does not collect enough donations every year to pay for the website... I'll pay for it. I've been saving my spare change for several months now and so I have big ol bags of money laying around collecting dust
    • a new toy for fitness (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: I'd like to know what kind of bag that is, I don't see a stand at all. Am I blind? it has a water filled bladder on the bottom....despite its weight it's still not enough to keep the bag in place when i give it a solid some point i'm probably going to get a 100lb heavy bag and last 100lb bag was destroyed by 3 years of punches and kicks...
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • One of my people had tonic seizure during group. It is scary every damned time. That said: It was one of my other clients who pointed the seizure out, lingering to see how it all worked out and how I was doing after. The medical staff responded very promptly and the clients left the room so the nurses could work without comment or question. The seizure was brief and she didn't hit her head on the floor like the other time. All told, it was the best possible response to a crappy situation. I am grateful for the grace everyone showed.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • I hate feeling like this. Just had to remind myself I really could go into a shop and buy milk because I suddenly had strong social anxiety. But saying that....
    • A Message (Last post by Jestor)
    • Sorry... "Fat Thumb Murphy" over here (me) locked another thread... :blush:... For those of you who don't know; Jestor breaks stuff, and if he can't fix it, we call Ren... :lol;, I fixed it...
    • The Force as described by a physicist? (Last post by Gisteron)
    • The limits of science lie where the limits of reality do. We can know things outside of that by other means, but inside those aforementioned bounds of reality all these means are incorporated deeply into science and neither anything more than it is required nor is anything less sufficient for within that realm.
    • Musings of a Madman (Last post by Gisteron)
    • So I did google speed of light slowing down, found a number of popular science magazines talking about slowing down light through refractive media and a few creationist websites. Now one of those isn't talking about the natural constant c and the other is talking anti-science by principle. While the speed of light is defined as constant, there is nothing technically wrong with viewing the speed of light as a variable and other things as constant in its stead; it's just incredibly inconvenient seeing how almost all of physics would have to be discarded and written anew. But anyone and everyone is welcome to go ahead and try that and I'm sure the first one to succeed will go home with a Nobel Prize that day. On another note, gravity is not a repulsive but an attractive force and dark energy is not the same as negative mass. When astronomers or physicists speak of dark matter or energy they mean such that does not register on spectrometers, not one that is in any way twisted or the opposite of their conventional counter-parts. And speaking of gravity, when we say force we don't mean some magical thing that affects things either, but rather the time derivative of momentum. Now, in classical mechanics that would mean the product of velocity and mass time derivative added to the product of mass and acceleration. However, light does not have mass, so the mechanical momentum can't be it. Instead we know - from relativity - that it's energy is the product of its velocity and momentum. At the risk of losing you here or making a whole bunch of mistakes or both, I shall not go ahead and deduce that from Maxwell's equations. Anyway, the energy of a unit of light I shall henceforth call photon is proportional to its frequency and as with any wave, the speed is the product of wavelength and frequency, so we end up with the momentum being inversely proportional to the wavelength and I shall henceforth call the scale factor Planck's constant. Of course what we have now is the magnitude of a momentum that does not depend at all on time and doesn't involve speed. So therefore the time derivative of that magnitude is zero and the photon's speed doesn't change, eventhough a force - gravity - is present. But of course momentum being a vector quantity it has not only a magnitude but also a direction, so that must be what the force is acting upon and this is what we observe: In the vicinity of a gravity well light bends towards the well. It changes direction but retains speed.
    • Heaven, Hell, Re-incarnation? (Last post by Khaos)
    • As I said, its in my will. When I had a child, I had a will done. I dont have to wait for death to know what will be done with my meat suit when I am dead. Only those without a will, will have to wonder.

There are 492 visitors, 5 guests and 14 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Adder, Gisteron, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, KageKeeper, Kohadre, Senan, Zenchi, den385, MrBruno, Tellahane, Redanketon, MartaLina, Breeso, Dariax, Avalis.

Follow Us