Arizona Chapter/Annex Proof

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51472 by
Let me know what you think!

Note: This is a logo for a hypothetical annex. To my knowledge, this is not a sanctioned annex, nor do I believe it actually exists at this point in time. I understand that this is/will be proposed.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51477 by
Replied by on topic Re: Arizona Chapter/Annex Proof
I know some people like using the symbolism of the lightsaber, however I fear that it will just make people think too much of Star Wars upon first glance

I like the words you have around the edge but, and while it could just be because the image is large, it just looks 'busy'

Simplicity is a value in of itself

Nice work though :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #51479 by Locksley
It is very obviously 'Star Wars', but I really like it. It gives off a very retro feeling, at least to me, and instantly made me think nostalgically of the old scifi shows and movies of the past (especially the original Star Wars).

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
12 years 2 months ago #51480 by Adder
Yea nice work, I like the spatial duality shared between Peace and Knowledge pair, with the Serenity and Harmony pair, both across the veritcal axis of the Force watching over everything. In effect, peace is serene knowledge, whilst knowledge is a harmonious peace, in the same way serenity is peaceful harmony, whilst harmony is knowledgeable serenity.

I do not know if that will make sense tomorrow morning lol

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #52467 by
This is prototype 2, with colors from the AZ flag incorporated. Please pay attention to the center star, which is the same color as the center star on the flag. I tried to stay true to simplicity and the flag.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #53221 by
This is a wonderful concept, can't wait to see it in its finished state. I love it.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
11 years 11 months ago #59492 by Neaj Pa Bol
Interesting.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #59497 by
Is it my eyes playing tricks or are things a little...wobbly? The centre star, for example, doesn't look to have straight lines. If you want, we can supply a higher resolution version of the logo to work from.

It plays too much to the movies for my liking (the lightsaber thing, I mean) but a nice rendering nonetheless! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #59502 by
Did you take a look at ProtoType 2 ? Its the 2nd pdf... we dropped the lightsabers.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi