3d Printed Lightsabers (Has Image)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #200434 by
Salutations,

I am offering to 3d model a lightsaber for some members of our community. As to how many, I honestly cannot say. It is a free thing and I will do it as I can. The idea is to make some lightsabers in 3D for free... thus making it cheap, and I pass the files onto the 3d Printer who charges $50-75 USD for printing of each lightsaber (not including shipping). I have done hundreds of lightsaber 3d models, here is my most recent:

That said, the 3D printer said that the plastics he uses means you cannot use the lightsaber for function. This means no fighting with the lightsaber.. you will need a metal one for that which is a whoooooole other price range. If you want electronics and such that has another price addition (unspecified). Also all 3d printing will be done in November and beyond... so nothing immediate.

Now what I will be doing is making the 3D model and handing YOU the 3d file. From there I will give you the link to my friend who is willing to do the 3D Printing and you can directly talk to him about all of the nick nacks you want and shipping. At no point am I going to handle any of your money! I do not want to be seen as some sort of scam or anything, you can use another 3D printer if you wish even, all up to you. I just want to help our community with art a little.

Here is the facebook link to my 3D printer's business: PM for details if you do not have a 3D Printer in mind...
He has made a helmet for me before (Halo 3 Master Chief helmet for my son).
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #200449 by Tellahane
so just to clarify your friend doesn't have a metal based 3d printer your just noting the difference correct? Also awesome!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200452 by
I might actually be interested in this. At the very least for the 3d picture alone :) I love some of the designs made of saber hilts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200455 by
Correct this guy only does plastics, not metal, however he may know of a source if you are interested in such.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200471 by
Just to rephrase as some have misunderstood, I am only offering to do the 3D graphic art for free and hand you the file for it to be printed. While I can recommend a person or two, who can print it in plastic... I personally do not do so, nor benefit in any way from this. The guy in the original post is a "friend" in a more professional sense as he gives discounts to veterans such as myself and was willing to pass that onto our community due to our association only. In addition the man said he would discount the art costs as he does not do 3D art himself but outsources, as I would be doing the 3D art... I remove that additional ~$100.

There may be others out there you prefer or can do it cheaper, or you do not wan to do it at all. That is perfectly fine, I just want to empower you to be able to enjoy your own physical lightsaber for a reasonable cost or just enjoy the artwork for free... or both, entirely up to you.

At no point do I mean to make an advert for any form of profit.

Now that said, just post below or PM me the details of what you want made in 3D. As for the printing details if you need help I can provide links but only via pm. I would ask that any art I do I can showcase to our community (you can show it or I), not a requirement, but just asking.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 8 months ago #200486 by RyuJin
i know someone with access to a metal printer and a plastic printer...his uses abs plastic so it's fairly durable...i have plans on getting an abs printer myself as i found one for $500...

it's cool to see someone else that does 3d modeling...what program do you use? i'm autocad certified so most of my lightsaber models are done in that environment, i'm trying to learn solidworks...right now i'm converting all my hand drawn designs into 3d models, and i'm doing it in a manner that makes them mhs compatible (i like to have the option of changing things up)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200777 by
I use blender as I do 3D animation as a hobby. I am semi away until this weekend btw, because my girlfriend is moving in... I will get to replies soon as I can.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi