Personal Sigils

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194009 by
Replied by on topic Personal Sigils

CryojenX wrote: A little background on my concept for Adi's sigil. I sense in Adi a soul of great untapped potential, grace and beauty of spirit, but there is also strength there as well. Given that Adi is Episcopalian as well as Jedi, I made sure to evoke cross imagery. To represent grace, I chose to eschew my usual very tribal style in favor of a visual that was evocative of flowing ribbons. Also, when I think of grace and beauty, and also coming out of a difficult part into a more optimistic new period in life, I can't help but be reminded of the French Belle Epoch. And nothing I know of from that era so succinctly sums up combined beauty and strength as does the silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.

So that was my thought process going into this. I humbly present to you, Adi Vas' personal sigil:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I wonder how you can make those lines so smooth.. It is really an impressive skill. :blush:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194014 by

Aqua wrote: I wonder how you can make those lines so smooth.. It is really an impressive skill. :blush:

After scanning in the rough pencil draft, I recreate in a vector format in Adobe Illustrator. I haven't gotten the hang of the bezier curves yet, so in the large file (I export a super high res png file) you might still see some angled areas, but they all smooth out and disappear when you scale it down to normal size. And thanks! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194027 by

CryojenX wrote: A little background on my concept for Adi's sigil. I sense in Adi a soul of great untapped potential, grace and beauty of spirit, but there is also strength there as well. Given that Adi is Episcopalian as well as Jedi, I made sure to evoke cross imagery. To represent grace, I chose to eschew my usual very tribal style in favor of a visual that was evocative of flowing ribbons. Also, when I think of grace and beauty, and also coming out of a difficult part into a more optimistic new period in life, I can't help but be reminded of the French Belle Epoch. And nothing I know of from that era so succinctly sums up combined beauty and strength as does the silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.

So that was my thought process going into this. I humbly present to you, Adi Vas' personal sigil:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

As I said in the PM, this is so beautiful! The sentiment as well as the design is just wonderful, and I can't thank you enough. I love it. What a wonderful gift you have, and what a wonderful gift this is. Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194031 by

Adi Vas wrote: As I said in the PM, this is so beautiful! The sentiment as well as the design is just wonderful, and I can't thank you enough. I love it. What a wonderful gift you have, and what a wonderful gift this is. Thank you!

Thank you all for seeing value in my humble scribblings. Truly it is an honor. :blush:

Next up: Jestor 1st draft, Kamizu refinement

Waiting list: steamboat28, Cabur Senaar

Again, thank you all.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194245 by
Well Kamizu's sigil is finished, and I'm glad she approves. :)

Next up will be Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194324 by
I just wanted to make a quick note here that, while I am thrilled that people have been happy with the work I've done, and that these sigils can be a valuable tool, some personal information has gone into informing the design of each one. The up-side of this is that it makes it easier for one to feel an immediate connection to the image, however the down-side is that one must also be careful that one does not cling too tightly to it either, and one of the reasons we want to communicate with our subconscious is to realize our oneness, and the illusory temporal nature of individual identity.

Always be mindful during meditation that the superficial image is a reflection of the Ego, and that it is the hidden mysteries that one continues to find in its lines during reflection over time, and their effects on the unconscious aspect of the psyche that are most important. I do have concerns that people will become too attached to their sigils, however that is each person's hard work to do in finding a balance.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 10 months ago #194330 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Personal Sigils
fortunately i don't suffer the burden of attachment....i am, of course, looking for something interesting to possibly etch into my new saber...and for me anything i etch into something is just like a tattoo it must have meaning and not be purely aesthetic...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #194331 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Personal Sigils
Aw now...

My ego and I have an agreement...:)

I cater to a whim here and there (such as the orange font and clown pictures) and, it allows me to make fun of it, knowing it is a goofball, and it is not to be taken too serious...

Most here understand about symbols...:)

After all, the gutteral string of sounds (spoken words), or pictures that we draw/write (letters and numbers) are only symbols for communication....:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #194344 by
I had to remember 20 to 30 line symbols for my dyslectic test many years ago, had 10 minutes to remember them all. After three months I was still able to draw them all on paper.. There are things that I remember more easy, names and faces are things that I will forget almost always.. unless I see the names a lot.. Just wondering, is attachment also the remembering part? Of is attachment more the emotional and mental part of processing the value?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago #194350 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Personal Sigils

Aqua wrote: Just wondering, is attachment also the remembering part? Of is attachment more the emotional and mental part of processing the value

It is the emotional "weight" or "value" you put on it that makes it become "attachment"....

The more "weight" it has, the more it can hold you back/down....

The less "weight", the easier it is to remain "light" and "buoyant"....

That's how I see it, does make sense?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi