Personal Sigils

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193882 by
Replied by on topic Personal Sigils
When I was in highschool I used to have my own personal sigil. I would draw it on my hand all the time (Bored during classes lol)

My dad got into alot of conspiracy theory / Philosophical beliefs around this time as well. He would talk for ages about the things he found, the similarities between religions, the year of pises and how the pope's hat turned to it's side looked like a fish, and so on and so on.....he came up with some interesting things XD lol But what i really loved in all of his rantings was the Zodiacs and 12 houses aka Constellations and how each house (Constellation) had certain meanings to them and how these meetings transferred to Zodiacs.....He also managed to link the compass into all of this. And thus...my inspiration began.

The star in the middle represented the force/spirit
The top "Ray" / line that expands from the star was represented as a Lightsaber. The Jedi.
The circle Represented life "The Circle of life" -lion king
The 12 dots were the Constellations/Houses - each one having their own special meaning (Zodiacs) Indaviduals/people
....and the remaining four lines representing the compass: North, south, east and west. Each direction was a prayer.

:) Somehow though....it looked nicer when I was a kid :laugh:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193883 by

Kitsu Tails wrote:

The star in the middle represented the force/spirit
The top "Ray" / line that expands from the star was represented as a Lightsaber. The Jedi.
The circle Represented life "The Circle of life" -lion king
The 12 dots were the Constellations/Houses - each one having their own special meaning (Zodiacs) Indaviduals/people
....and the remaining four lines representing the compass: North, south, east and west. Each direction was a prayer.

:) Somehow though....it looked nicer when I was a kid :laugh:

It's a very cool image, and I like the symbolism you infused into it. :)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago #193886 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Personal Sigils

Kitsu Tails wrote: :) Somehow though....it looked nicer when I was a kid :laugh:

Aint that always the way?

lol...

Ok, here's my embarassing story...

In looking for my own as well, I tried to combine my first and last initials, J&F..

It looked like this:

Attachment h13d8e60.png not found

I was in night school, and a teacher saw me drawing this... She ask if it was a 'gang sign' and I was so embarassed, I couldnt tell her, anything, except to say it wasnt, lol...

She wanted to let me know that she was available for me to come to if I needed someone to talk to, or needed help...

She was really sweet, but, I was so embarrassed, lol...

I dont need a gang, I am a gang (of one!), :lol:...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Edan,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193891 by
Just another update, I'm currently working on the refinement process for Adi Vas, and will soon begin Jestor's 1st draft. One thing to keep in mind is that as of this writing, I do not have a Wacom tablet (will be getting one soon) so the refinement process - converting the drawing into a clean vector image - is slow and arduous using a mouse in inkscape. As such, it's something I have to do in a series of short sessions to prevent burnout.

This is currently the only thing aside from studies that may hold a design up longer than anticipated. Please bear with me, the refinement process can be a pain, but the design process is one of my truest ways of "following my bliss", so I take the good with the bad. ;)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago #193898 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Personal Sigils

CryojenX wrote: Just another update, I'm currently working on the refinement process for Adi Vas, and will soon begin Jestor's 1st draft. One thing to keep in mind is that as of this writing, I do not have a Wacom tablet (will be getting one soon) so the refinement process - converting the drawing into a clean vector image - is slow and arduous using a mouse in inkscape. As such, it's something I have to do in a series of short sessions to prevent burnout.

This is currently the only thing aside from studies that may hold a design up longer than anticipated. Please bear with me, the refinement process can be a pain, but the design process is one of my truest ways of "following my bliss", so I take the good with the bad. ;)

Never a rush...

All things in their time...:)

I dont think I even ask, lol, so, I will be infinitely patient cause I am very interested to see what you see...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 10 months ago #193914 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Personal Sigils
I doodle when I need to think. I came up with this. My name and all the stuff in my signature graphic, minus vowels, minus recurring letters, a bit of flipping and flopping.

Attachment hdbb058c.jpg not found

Thoughts? Is this the general idea?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor,

More
8 years 10 months ago #193915 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:Personal Sigils
There are some here who might be interested in this http://sigilscribe.me/

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193974 by
My Sigil,

May sound a little bit traditional, but I used three words were put together in a sentence with words to connect my feelings. Did removed the vowels and repeatable letters.. and shaped the letters in a figure, after that I made it more compact..

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193996 by
Ok, Adi's is finished. Next up on the slate will be Jestor's first draft and refinement for Kamizu. :cheer:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #194006 by
A little background on my concept for Adi's sigil. I sense in Adi a soul of great untapped potential, grace and beauty of spirit, but there is also strength there as well. Given that Adi is Episcopalian as well as Jedi, I made sure to evoke cross imagery. To represent grace, I chose to eschew my usual very tribal style in favor of a visual that was evocative of flowing ribbons. Also, when I think of grace and beauty, and also coming out of a difficult part into a more optimistic new period in life, I can't help but be reminded of the French Belle Epoch. And nothing I know of from that era so succinctly sums up combined beauty and strength as does the silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.

So that was my thought process going into this. I humbly present to you, Adi Vas' personal sigil:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi