STAR WARS III.V

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #112570 by
STAR WARS III.V was created by
As some may already know, it was announced a while back that Topher Grace (star of That 70's Show as Eric Forman) did a re-edit of the Star Wars prequels into one 89-minute film. It was told that the movie turned out to be really good. Unfortunately, due to copyrights, Grace can never officially release it. Knowing that, I decided to follow in his footsteps so that I would, in a way, be able to see the movie that Grace envisioned.

The sad fact is that I lost my original files due to a hard-drive failure. However, I'm one to take advantage of misfortune. I plan to start from scratch and do it again. It was fun the first time, so why not a second, right? :)

Anyway, here's my point: I want to do it right this time. I made small but noticeable mistakes that I intend to correct this time around. I would therefore like to see what you all think of my opening crawl text, the intro to the movie. I'm fully open to suggestions, changes, etc. It's just about the right length so I can't make it longer or shorter, but I can replace text if necessary. Remember, this has to set up a compilation of the 3 prequels, and just the major plot points. Also, the opening scene is the Darth Maul battle at the end of Ep. 1.

Here's what I have so far:

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The Sith have reappeared after a millennium of peace and bring chaos to the galaxy as the lives of citizens and republic officials are threatened. The Jedi, guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, face dark times.

A mysterious agent of evil is creating conflict and war at every corner of space, forcing the republic to create a clone army.

Chancelor Palpatine has dispatched two Jedi Knights, Qui-gon Jinn and Obi-wan Kenobi, to hunt down the Sith that have appeared on the planet Naboo....

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #112573 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic STAR WARS III.V
Wasn't it Chancellor Valorum who dispatched Qui-gon and Obi-Wan to Naboo ?

:huh:

That story has been told, Streen. Please tell us another one ...

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Alexandre Orion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112575 by
Replied by on topic STAR WARS III.V

Alexandre Orion wrote: Wasn't it Chancellor Valorum who dispatched Qui-gon and Obi-Wan to Naboo ?

:huh:

That story has been told, Streen. Please tell us another one ...

Alexandre is right about that fact. It was chancellor Valorum who sent QuiGon and ObiWan, since Palpatinewas just a local senator of Naboo at the time.In episode 2, Palpatine was chancellor and Padme was senator of Naboo.

I also can offer a.few suggestions.

Episode 1s title was The Phantom Menace, and this was because the Republic and Jedi did not yet know their enemy was the sith. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but they only realize they're fighting the sith at the end when Windu and Yoda talk about it during Qui Gons funeral. So saying, "sith reappeared" and "hunt down the sith" might not be completely accurate with the knowledge of the characters at the time....unless yiu're writing it from the perspective of the viewers ( who know everuthing).

Also, one more suggestion: While QiiGon was a JediKnight at the time, ObiWan was just a padawaan at the time. So maybe change it from "Jedi Knights" to just "Jedi".

Not trying to be picky, but just want to.make sure you write this well. Good luck!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112645 by
Replied by on topic STAR WARS III.V
It's okay, I'm looking for "picky" ;) I'm glad you pointed out those mistakes, but those were on purpose. You have to understand, this is a compressed version of the prequels, so I had to change some details for the video to make sense (if and when you see it, you'll see what I mean).

Alexandre, I appreciate your input and where you're coming from, and I mean no offense by this, but I'm not doing this project for anyone in particular, except myself. I'm taking what film editing experience I have and doing something with it, just for fun, and possibly as an example in my general portfolio. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to tell you a new story. I was working on that very thing last year but it fell through. When I heard about what Topher Grace did, it didn't take long for me to realize that I could do it too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! :cheer:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi