Sarah Palin

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #18975 by Br. John
Sarah Palin was created by Br. John
I'm not making any comments about her but I can't help but remember the famous Dorothy Parker quote; \"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.\"

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by Br. John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #18983 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sarah Palin
That's a funny picture! Obviously photoshopped, but I love the expression on her face!

Awww. Come on John! State your opinion! I will!

When the whole Democratic party race was going down, I first thought to myself, \"Neither of them can beat McCain.\" (Obama and Clinton) I'm not racist or sexist. But let's face it. A LOT of people are.

When Obama won the candidacy,(BTW, You still owe me a hundred bucks!) I said, \"His best move would be to take Clinton as his VP candidate and merge the camps. That would be his best chance.\"

Hell, I thought that the two of them combined would be able to run away with it.

And when Obama went elsewhere, I felt that it was a nail in the coffin. I didn't even consider him a hopeful.

Until McCain announced Palin as his VP.

WHAT?

Is this a joke?

Simply put, yes. Yes it is a joke. It's a pooping circus. It's a media stunt designed to take voters away from the Democratic candidates, by McCain doing what Obama should have done. But he didn't announce anyone near the caliber of Hillary. He decided to go ahead and place an inexperienced, bull-headed, questionably moralled, and controversial moron as his running mate.

McCain just handed the election to Obama.

McCain took his edge away.

McCain took the controversial status of the democratic nominees and thrust it straight into his own lap.

What I find hilarious in the whole thing is that McCain, the Republican candidate, is airing TV commercials that talk all about how he and Palin are gettin er dun by fighting against the Republicans!

OK, ok. Yeah. I understand that the Republican party wants to distance themselves from the current poopbag president.

But they've succeeded in taking away the faith of the Republican voters.

I'm a gun owning, deer hunting, cheap beer swilling, camo wearing, truck loving, Nascar fan, Republican hayseed farmboy, military veteran. And I will not be voting for McCain.

I'm the picture of the stereotypical red-stater. But I'm educated and opinionated.

My opinion is that Palin is a complete fool. And McCain is just as much of one for making her his running mate.

The American populace should be outraged. The presidential elections should not have to fall victim to a Hollywood-type gimmick.

The sad thing is, it just might work.
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #18984 by
I also own Guns. I also enjoy my Freedom. I do not, however, enjoy the direction our country has been going, or looks to be going. I've stayed out of politics for the most part. The basic things I know at the moment without looking them up is that Republicans want to continue an un-winnable war, but most of them will let us keep our guns, or freedom, and our rights to defend ourselves... but even a few Republicans want to take some of those rights away. Most Democrats on the other hand, ignorantly assume that guns are the cause of crime, and that people should rely solely on the Police for their defense. Sure, they want freedom too, they just generally don't want the public to have the option to defend themselves. \"Wait, Mr. Rapist while I call 911. I'm sure you'll be done having your way with me by the time they get here. If I'm not dead by then.\" However, on the flip side of that coin, even some Democrats aren't against guns. And that's just one issue...

Now, I am not racist either, nor am I sexist. But I don't particularly agree with any of the things I've read about the candidates so far... And I know plenty of people who are racist, such as my VERY abusive Southern Baptist stepfather, and need to eat some humble pie. Since we're pretty much screwed one way or another no matter who gets elected this year (if there's an election...) I'd actually love to see Obama get elected. I would love to see him be the first African-American President, if for no other reason than the fact that it would almost literally make my stepfather's head explode. And I may be wrong for this thought, but THAT would be a sight worth seeing. Especially since he once said, and I quote, \"I'll be pooped if we ever have a n___r be president. I'd kill myself dead if this country ever sank to that godless level.\"

Disclaimer: I DO NOT agree with what my stepfather said. I only quoted it to put into context why it would be amusing to see Obama get elected.

~Rev. Master Josh McNamara
A.K.A. Master Kyp

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #18985 by
Well-spoken, Master Kyp!

If only all political debates could be handled in such a manner.......

I might add, future comments to this thread should follow the example led by Master Kyp.

Intelligent discussion is invited.

Flaming is discouraged.
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by . Reason: I misspelled "by" Can you even fathom that? I had to fix it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #18988 by
And pooping swearing kept to a minimum

Whats the deal with you lot and your apparent obsession with guns?

Buy a crossbow, silent and just as deadly and they beat any firearms laws, the Israeli Special Forces use them for urban raids ;)

Righty, from a UK point of view (well, my UK point of view) Your country is not ready for either a coloured or female president, if you were, id say Rice would make a good president (both...OMG :o)

However, I have a theory to McCains VP choice... he KNOWS the likelihood of getting in as President this time is the same as Osama Bin Laden being found in Canterbury Cathedral wearing a rosary and praying to Jesus.

My thoughts are that in mind, he is grooming (sorry with Clinton's history that is a bad phrase) Palin ready for the next election, by which time she will have the experience etc necessary for the position.

The War in Iraq is one thing, but the games in Afghanistan are ridiculous.

In my view, if this particular exercise is truly to try to stop the drugs production, your on to a loser. Hell, the full military might of the Russians failed, and the Brits have been spanked by Afghans in the past too.

The UK is spending billions on this war on drugs... hold on, people are dying too. Wouldnt the mony not be better spent in the UK on increasing border security and such like, they can grow the drugs if they want, but no one here is buying them cos they aint getting past border then the problem is solved for a much reduced cost in lives and money that could be used to improve healthcare, education etc etc. The same can be said for the USA too.

The war in Iraq is now gone way beyond being a joke, Hussein is out, job done, let the people of Iraq do their thing now. The fact is the middle east will never see eye to eye with the west, in my view the presence of western forces only serves to irritate the minority of suicide squirrels out there.

The USA is such a massive country that whoever gets the presidents job, they are gonna upset a great number of people both at home and globally no matter what they do.

We in the UK dont here as much about your politics, and im sure you know little of ours, but a war on terror... dont make me laugh, we've had the IRA for oh too long now and btw, many big USA businesses in the past, gave financial aide to the IRA so before looking around the world for those helping terrorists, try looking in your won back yards... we are here in the UK and were catching many would be plotters, including a 15year old boy.

The President of the USA either by accident or design, has a huge global influence, this is why in particular W.Bush appears to be such a floundering ass, not only do your own ppl feel he has outstayed his welcome so does the world. With this in mind, dont vote for the person who will do the most for you as an individual, or even do the best for your country, pick the person who will do the best job on a global scale, this way you are sure to have a winner ;)

Our main elections are next year, Gordon Brown wont get in, I doubt the Labour party will either, but anyway, I have a joke with my father on politicians, I say to him 'Politician is latin for Liar' ;)

Promises Promises Lies Lies etc etc, will your next president truly be anything different from the previous one? I truly hope so but sincerely doubt it.

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18992 by
I wholeheartedly agree, except on the topic of firearms. :P

I too hope whoever buys... I mean wins... the next presidency is better. But as you say, I doubt it.

Rev. Master Josh McNamara
A.K.A. Master Kyp

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18993 by
I do have my own opinions on this and i am glad to see such a conversation here, but, I feel i don't know enough about everything that is going on to make a political statement as to who should be president, chances are i am voting for Obama, if i vote.

That said, please, please, Masters, keep your posts clean. We have members as young as 8 in here, as i am sure you are well aware, no appologize are needed, just please don't let it get carried away again. Thank you.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #19006 by
I apologize for the previous usage of foul language. My fault.

I cleaned it up a bit. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #19009 by
Ok, I just wanted to post in here, my little opinion. I personally think that Obama is making his race a massive part of his game plan, and although his policies sound good, using his race as a stepping stone is just as bad as someone else using it against him. Unfortunately, I think if you are going to look to Obama, you may want to concider how good of a president Biden is going to be. Simply because of people like Master Kyp's stepfather, someone, probably multiple someones are going to make attempts on Obama's life, if he gets elected. If one succeeds, it'd be nice to know what Biden can do, or what his policies will be. On the flip side, McCain is transparent as glass, for the most part, but Palin is for the most part unknown. I've heard many people say she is inexperienced at this and that, because she hasn't been in politics for long and what not. I'd personally say that is a good thing, because I agree, that politician is equal to liar, and I'd rather have a bad liar I can catch in the lie, than one who can keep me or the American public fooled for 4-8 years. They are politicians, whe know they are going to lie, we just don't know about what and when, and how serious it will be. I'd rather have inexperience and transparency, as far as that goes. Not to mention, Obama isn't exactly what we'd call a \"salty dog\" in politics, he is somewhat green hisself in that aspect. Just my opinion, hope I don't offend anyone, just trying to call it like I see it.

Lead Farmer

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #19011 by
It goes without saying that Obama is at risk of assasination, as too is anyone in the same position. Him perhaps slightly more so for his colour, H.Clinton would be for being female, Yoda for being short, ie any candidate or indeed president is going to have enemies.

If what you say is true ie Obama is playing the colour card, that is foolish on many fronts. But one major issue id predict it that is all goes horribly wrong and either the ethnic minorities themselves take offemce or the other team do and therefore life for the minorities only gets worse as a result.

In anycase, I feel the colour (or gender etc) idea is verging on stupidity.

Lets be honest, W.Bush got in largely on the name of his father.

I had a conversation with someone about this subject a while back , one of the things that came up was how ,uch more fun it would be if the voters could never find out what race, gender, age etc etc etc the candidates where, you only ever got to read their policies before electing them, i suspect your country would have had many ethnic minority and or female presidents by now with this system. I cant say the UK are much better on this.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi