• User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
16 years 3 months ago #10817 by Garm
Artoo Cameos was created by Garm
Artoo Cameos

R2-D2 has a habit of popping up in the most unexpected places. In our recent interview with Bad Robot producer Bryan Burk -- whose past work includes Cloverfield, \"Lost\" and \"Alias\" -- we were excited to learn that R2-D2 has been visiting other universes. The familiar dome-headed droid is actually part of the mother ship at the end of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Though he's pretty much impossible to spot, ILM model-makers built Artoo into the deck of the pirate ship that sails off into the horizon in Goonies. Burk revealed another recent cameo:

Burk: Did you know that R2-D2 is in Mission: Impossible III? He's hidden in the first third of the movie, but he's really hard to see. You're looking at him from above on the top of his dome; it's a weird angle. If someone can find it, I'll be shocked.
StarWars.com: Wow, it's cool that J.J. Abrams stuck that in as a director!
Burk: I think J.J. was inspired by R2-D2's cameo in Close Encounters -- which is another movie we really love.
Cont…….
For the full story go to

starwars.com Homing Beacon #212

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10819 by
Replied by on topic Re:Artoo Cameos
Thats pretty cool. Makes me want to watch those movies just to try and find R2. Are there other hidden R2's?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10852 by
yeah artoo is everywhere- now i need to go watch those movies too. i need to get goonies on DVD... i love that show. and my kid is getting to goonies age in a year or two... speaking of the two, i was re-loading picures on my computer and came across this one.
he said he loved artoo and i hd a camera handy...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10853 by
yeah artoo is everywhere- now i need to go watch those movies too. i need to get goonies on DVD... i love that show. and my kid is getting to goonies age in a year or two... speaking of the two, i was re-loading picures on my computer and came across this one.
he said he loved artoo and i hd a camera handy...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10854 by
d'ogh! it didn't attach! here we go again.
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi