Holiday diet guidelines

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9672 by
Holiday diet guidelines was created by
I have been working on some diet tips for us to follow over the course of the holidays. I know most of us will be 'throwin down' on Christmas at the dinner table. There is a pecan pie with my name written all over it! First off, keep yourself busy. It will be much harder to think about food, if you are doing something active. Go to the park. Walk the dog. Just don't sit and let the food creep up on you like an Apache. Second, don't starve yourself. One aspect of our childhood we have not left behind is the eating habits. Don't starve yourself to consume mass quantities later in the evening. Have an apple or piece of fruit before you eat your dinner. You will be surprised at the difference it makes. Third, it is holi-day, not holi-week. Don't stretch your bad diet habits out over the coming weeks, put your foot down, today is the day!

Merry Christmas to all of you! May the Force be with you!

PS, if you have diet or exercise questions don't hesitate to PM me with whatever you want to know. I'll get you an answer back as soon as I possibly can.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9676 by
Replied by on topic Re:Holiday diet guidelines
I have heard that it is best for us to speak to a physician about diets because every body is different. Is this the way it should be or could we pick a diet that we can attempt to stick too. Also, what is the best way to loose weight, Cardio or what? I have heard Cardio is great and that we build muscle while loosing fat so it can be hard to tell when we are making progress. So, what type of exorsice is best for shedding pounds?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9677 by
Cardio is the BEST way to lose fat. But the problem is, that it sucks doin it. I stress for all who want to lose fat is a combination of cardio and weights. Cause once you lose a lot of fat, you have skin in its place now. Weights take care of the skin problem.

Uh, diets aren't really given by doctors, they just refer you to a dietician. Who is gonna confuse you, and make diets hard, when they aren't. I would try which diet you like the best. I have two options. One, you can have a meal replacement (protein shake in my case) for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch (spaghetti and meat sauce!), and pretty much whatever you want for supper.

The other is basically calorie counting, and a modified version of Atkins. 3 days on, one day off. That works for me. But like you said all diets are different, pick and choose til you get results.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9679 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Holiday diet guidelines
KieranHalcyon wrote:

Cardio is the BEST way to lose fat. But the problem is, that it sucks doin it. I stress for all who want to lose fat is a combination of cardio and weights. Cause once you lose a lot of fat, you have skin in its place now. Weights take care of the skin problem.

Uh, diets aren't really given by doctors, they just refer you to a dietician. Who is gonna confuse you, and make diets hard, when they aren't. I would try which diet you like the best. I have two options. One, you can have a meal replacement (protein shake in my case) for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch (spaghetti and meat sauce!), and pretty much whatever you want for supper.

The other is basically calorie counting, and a modified version of Atkins. 3 days on, one day off. That works for me. But like you said all diets are different, pick and choose til you get results.

True ... So True. One bigger incentive is that when a significantly overweight male loses weight - they gain in another area which you did not mention; but like Mae West said to the tall lonesome cowboy, "Never mind the six feet lets get to work on the seven inches".

It's not that the business gets bigger but a large pad of fat in the nether (male) regions conceals much that is already there. Declining to give expert testimony about the female unmentionables; Br. John wishes that fat was as valuable as blood and could be donated but, alas, TPTB thought otherwise.

Living with two excellent cooks that consider olive oil, butter and pure heavy cream sacraments makes a diet difficult as well.

In the long run a program that makes one lose weight slow and steady will beat any fast and furious program eventually. Br. John consoles himself with the fact that The Bible assures us the God made him in his image and he's more than returned the favor.

MTFBWYA and 'Don't take things to serious.',

Br. John+

So close to Jesus we're taking separate vacations next year.

* TPTB = The Powers That Be

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9694 by
Well, from what i have heard the oils that are liquid at room tempurature are actually better for you then solids, not sure why but i watch a lot of food network and i have heard this many times. Also if you must choose between butter and margarine you should go with butter. Over the cenuries(?) of eating it our metabolism has managed to evolve to digest butter much easier then margerine. Also, i had an article about margerine a while back, i don't remember what i did with it or even if i deleted it, but apparently margerine is only like one molecule away from plastic, so if i could help it i wouldn't be eating it now, but the manufacturing is so much cheaper so that is usually what we buy now since finances have gone downhill. But there is some info fo ya'll.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi