Hungry for Change

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93807 by
Hungry for Change was created by
Call me crazy, but I love documentaries.
Today, I was watching one called Hungry for Change and wondered if anyone else has seen it and any thoughts you may have about it.
It's currently on streaming Netflix.

http://youtu.be/d-1rprUnjN8

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93808 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hungry for Change
Documentaries? That's just crazy.

But no, I haven't seen it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93930 by
Replied by on topic Hungry for Change
Apparently no one has lol
Too bad, though. I was hoping to hear some thoughts!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #93933 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Hungry for Change
What kinda change is this...

I apologize, there wasn't much of a description, and I got busy, elsewhere...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93936 by
Have you seen the bully project? It's a fascinating one...really shows how much of a bullying problem there is in America...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93955 by

Metsu Desal wrote: Have you seen the bully project? It's a fascinating one...really shows how much of a bullying problem there is in America...

I live in the "bible belt", and I was a strong atheist in a small town super religious public school.

I was beaten, had my property destroyed or stolen, urinated on etc. The administration was indifferent. There is only so much a person can take before they snap, and go totally psychotic.

So I started lifting weights, and went into an absolute blood thirsty psychotic rage, even a group of them couldn't stop me. I literally wanted to drink their blood, not figuratively, not metaphorically. I became an animal that not even a group of them could restrain.

That is exactly what it took to make it stop.

I learned an important lesson.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

The strong are the least likely to be attacked.

"Swerve me? ye cannot swerve me, else ye swerve yourselves! man has ye there. Swerve me? The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents’ beds, unerringly I rush! Naught’s an obstacle, naught’s an angle to the iron way!"
- Moby Dick, Herman Melville

"All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil, to crazy Ahab, were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Moby Dick. He piled upon the whale’s white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart’s shell upon it."

- Moby Dick, Herman Melville
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93957 by
Through the wormhole is a good series to watch as well. Morgan Freeman makes it that much better.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93958 by

Reliah wrote: Call me crazy, but I love documentaries.
Today, I was watching one called Hungry for Change and wondered if anyone else has seen it and any thoughts you may have about it.
It's currently on streaming Netflix.

http://youtu.be/d-1rprUnjN8

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93962 by
Replied by on topic Hungry for Change
Hungry for Change is about food, diet, and nutrition.

Their website reads: "HUNGRY FOR CHANGE exposes shocking secrets the diet, weightloss and food industry don't want you to know about; deceptive strategies designed to keep you coming back for more. Find out what's keeping you from having the body and health you deserve and how to escape the diet trap forever."

Of course, it's a money making thing, but I won't literally buy into all of it. I was mostly curious about the points and ideas of the documentary... Which was completely free :P

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #93968 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Hungry for Change
About bullying....I understand what you went through because I experienced the same...my strategy was a bit different, but my urge to destroy anyone and everyone that crossed me was the same...I'm still sickened by the weak cowardice displayed by bullies, and even more so by those willing to stand by and do nothing....

About food/diet etc....on of my collateral duties in the navy was department fitness coordinator...so I had to know quite a bit about health and fitness...and not for making money, but for making certain everyone in my department was healthy enough to pass the biannual fitness test....there is no need for a fancy or special diet...or special workout...all those things are about profit....health and fitness is about self control and activity plain and simple...

I must admit though...at first the thread title had me thinking nickles, dimes, and quarters :woohoo:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi