meditation..

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48632 by
meditation.. was created by
I was wanting to learn more about meditation,
If someone could give me a rundown on the methods employed here at the Order, or maybe direct me to an article,
Id be much appreciative :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #48635 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: meditation..
There is a good starting point for meditation in the initiates program. You can also just go to the home page when you're logged in and scroll down to Meditation-by Alan Watts. That is the one from the initiates program. I copied it on to my computer so that I could listen to it over again, it's pretty good.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48662 by
Replied by on topic Re: meditation..
Thankyou very much my friend!

I do all my internet dealings on my Droid.
So I've gotta download the entire Initiates program to it,
But apparently it's being done by alot of people here at The Order..

But nonetheless I appreciate the feedback.
And May the Force be with you.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 3 months ago #48665 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: meditation..

cdxx2012 wrote: I do all my internet dealings on my Droid.
So I've gotta download the entire Initiates program to it,
But apparently it's being done by alot of people here at The Order..

I'm on my Droid Atrix, almost 95% of the time, and have been since starting here...

Ok, first, I was [strike]apple worshipper[/strike], I mean I used my iPhone for everything prior to getting my Droid...

And seriously, the iPhone is a great, dependable device... I prefer living on the edge.. :woohoo:...

I think I streamed the mp3's until I got a chance to save it to a USB memory stick... (using iPhone then)

Now on my Atrix, I've got the lessons, and various other audio book/files on my Droid... Butit has extended SD memory card..

If you are unable, download one at a time, do the lesson, then delete it, download then next....

We do suggest doing the lessons in the order it is listed, but if your wanting to learn the meditation stuff, start there....

I hope that helps....

Good luck...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48678 by
I can give you some personal tips I found that have worked for me, they may or may not work for you.!

When I first started meditating I was very young I often watched my father do it; he had shared his thoughts with me about it and how it is done, but he always said, there is more then one way to get home. :)

here is my fathers way.

find a safe and quite place.[/td][/tr]
sit and relax breath in slowly but deeply taking in all things "smell, taste, and sounds"
he often went on and said "when you can taste and smell the sweet water of life you are ready. However dont go looking for the taste smell or nosie of if for if you seek it, it will hide from you. let it come to you.!!!

once you reach that point the mind is clear and the body is ready.

from there it is up to you. where your body and mind takes you is up to it.

now that is my fathers way, I used that way for almost ten years.

the way I do it now is almost the same but I pick the worst place and time to do it "mostly when my one year old is running around like she is going mad"

however when I do have peace in my home or at the park I simply relax my self and clear my heart body and soul of all things "fear, lust, hate, doubt, ect".

At times i feel my body slip in to a sleep but my mind is more active then a vivid dream, from there if I can I try to chose something that I wish to find an answer to and slowly the answer comes to me.
However most of the time the Force has other plans..

if fact its how i come to find this site.. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48864 by
An alternative to 'just sitting' that I use daily is walking meditation. For this I follow the guidance of Thich Nhat Hanh and recommend his book 'The Long Road Turns to Joy: A Guide to Walking Meditation'. It is a very simple technique focusing on your breathing and steps. You also get a bit of exercise! In the words of Thich Nhat Hanh 'Peace is every step; it turns the endless path to joy.'

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi