Sorrow

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4307 by
Sorrow was created by
I just read a blog about ones sorrow/anger. In reading I was compelled to speak out on this issue in hopes that my words find the right ears and assist the reader in improved mental focus, an attribute essential to force utilization.

Sorrow, anger, jealousy, all all manner of negative emotions, (which are usually directed at someone) are caused by nothing other than fear. This fear comes from our perceptions of what we need. When we subconciously or even conciously feel that we are being neglected somehow, or are not getting what we deserve we experience the emotions assiociated witht he fear of losing that which is \"supposed\" to be there for us.
When we get angry with a spouse it is because we really fear that they are taking a part of themselves from us, initially we feel angry, but if we take the time to quiet the negative voices we will clearly see that our feelings are comming from no where else but our fear of loss or rejection.
When we are angry with ourselves, we are actually not angry with ourselves, instead we are affraid that we are inadequate or lacking somehow.
The human nature is definetly a covetous one... when our greed is allowed to rear it's ugly head it manifests itself as negative emotion. I recommend that when we begin to feel these emotions... we take a moment to examine exactly why we are feeling this way. Everything has a cause, to resolve any issue we must first dig at the root and discover its essence, then may we underatand it completly.

Ultimately we all must understand our strengths and weaknesses, welcome and accept each with a warm embrace, once we know ourselves intimately we can know others in the same way. This is the essence of the force. In knowing the self, all else falls into place.

Shed all illusions of what \"should be\" and embrace what IS. Fear comes from thoughts of what \"might be\". We create what we fear.

may the force be with you all,

Tsukimaster
Jedi Knight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4310 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sorrow
Knight tsukimaster,
as you do have many valid points and concepts, i found that when in the grips of intense sorrow, the rational thought process that would take advantage of such knowledge as you have posted here, is basically disconnected. the mind is not able to rationalize the sorrow/anger/fear relationship. intense sorrow can even physically parallize the body. its only after the sorrow subsides that these things that you suggest can even be considered by the mind. the mind is very tender, not unlike a bruise after a bout of intense sorrow. it can have perminent effects as well if not dealt with.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4311 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Sorrow
I find it helpful when I´m in the grips of intense sorrow, to go out into Nature, talk to a friend, put thoughts to paper... . Even in the cases of cronical depression there are therapy or medical aids. In those moments where we find ourselves the most there can be a way out, but we have to be prepared to reach out.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4323 by
wow, i didn't expect this kind of reply, lol. You all have very good points, and i know i don't have to reply to this but i want to. Thank you Tsukimaster, I have been so good at my focus and control up until yesterday. But then again, up until yesterday i hadn't actually got into any sort of dispute with anyone, i have been able to stay calm. When i was done i couldn't even come on here to read or study and i didn't even want to repost, i just couldn't focus enough. I guess i have a longer way to go then i thought. And Bylar, thank you for stating what you did, it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when it is clouded with mist and fog. Jon, i usually do put thought on paper, which is why i wrote that. The difference from the last time i cried and this time, was that last time, i wrote what i was feeling and felt better. This time, i wrote about how i was feeling and felt better. I guess it just helps to write. Thank you all for writting. It really was helpful in case i ever feel this way again.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4329 by
Sorrow? I heard valium is good for that.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4330 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

Humor again?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4332 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

Also LARGE amounts of Jack Daniels.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4335 by
Depends on your tolerance.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4345 by
LOL, sorry folks, don't drink (often) and don't take drugs, but good try.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4370 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Sorrow
Glad to hear Innocence_Lost that you could take something out of this for yourself. Reflection is important just as is humour!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi