The Garden

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 8 months ago #362296 by
The Garden was created by
I'm going to create this thread here, because i think Gardens are Temples, and also places of healing. Ive taken these photos myself, No fancy camera.

I'll add to this over time, If nothing else it might keep me out of trouble .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 8 months ago #362302 by
Replied by on topic The Garden
These feathered freeloaders turn up every year, favourite food, my spring seedling plantings. But what can you do.
One year we had a bad storm and in the morning found 3 ducklings freezing to death in the driveway, they need the oil from their mothers wings to protect them from wet, without it they get water logged and die. We took all three and put them down our shirts in contact with our skin, but they had spent the night in the rain, and 2 died. we saved one we named Peep, and raised her to flight status on the balcony. After we released her she spent the next few weeks nesting next to the front door, which was hard to bear. but eventually a handsome Drake caught her eye and she left us.

Another funny story: My wife rescued these from the warehouse floor, forklift drivers were trying to run them over for laughs. They lived in a tank on top of the piano because they often dont survive winter when they are just hatched. But time came and they were moved to the pond. One day i was playing piano and i looked out the window to see one marching as fast as it could towards the house. It had heard the piano and remembered and came looking for me. There is another much larger one in the pond that came from who knows where.

Frogs, we have lots of frogs the noise can be intense some nights

Green butterfly, never seen another one since this pic

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 8 months ago #362322 by
Water feature that runs up the side of the house,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362342 by
The other side of the long water feature in the previous post, Water is pumped from one side where is cascades in this photo and is aerated, it then flows back and drops over another waterfall back into the other-side, adding even more oxygen, This side also captures any silt keeping the waters clear.

Eastern water dragon, attracted to the feature, not as fearsome as a Krayt .

Different water feature, this from an even larger Koi pond in the front yard

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362350 by
Marigold "Jester"

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi