Take a Deep breath

More
4 years 2 months ago #349598 by Atania Kenobi
Lately, I've been stressed I've already had three close friends pass into the force this year, new class schedule, and I'm currently dealing with people who don't know how to be nice. I have a cyst in my neck, it's the sickly season, and it's hard to breathe with all of this stress. It seems to me I'm just piling up all of my problems, but as the Buddha wisely said: "everyone has 83 problems." It's true, when I first read this quote Listed my problems down and I thought about each and every one of them. I thought It would be better if I documented these problems here so that I can reflect.

Atania
Knight of the Order
My Journals- IP / Apprentice / Personal
House of Orion
Teaching Master- Zero
”People are like flowers. We follow the way of heliotropism: the following and turning away from the light. From this, there is a diversity in the flowers some are large and small, tall and short, putrid and fragrant, yet in the end they bloom in their own time and in their own ways. Beauty in diversity and in yourself is for you alone to experience and to cherish.
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349603 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Take a Deep breath
* Passes the peace pipe *

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Atania Kenobi

More
4 years 2 months ago #349616 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Take a Deep breath
Naming a problem is the first step to grappling with it. I tend to believe my number of problems is closer to 99, but eh that's me

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Atania Kenobi

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349641 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Take a Deep breath
Theres a sort of poetic beauty in the fact that life is tragically fragile and uncertain and yet living organisms, within the limits of our fragility, can be so incredibly resilient. While we didnt evolve for the specific context of modern civilization, we did evolve in such a way as to be capable of withstanding a great amount of pressure. The capacity to handle stress and overcome difficulties is encoded into our DNA. I like to remind myself that as long as im not literally on fire and there isnt some large animal chewing on some part of my body, the situation that im in may be uncomfortable but im probably going to be ok. Im betting you have the internal resources to handle your stress as long as youre able to, as you said, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you’ll get through it.

I don't know if you intended this topic to be an open discussion or if its more along the lines of a journal to record details about your personal life, but its in a discussion section of the board so people will reply, sometimes. I hope you can find some encouragement in the replies you receive.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atania Kenobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi