Coronavirus

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #350704 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Coronavirus

Rex wrote: Being that many of my friends are at home and on social media more than regular, a recent article came out from my Alma Mater's student pub that decried the US executive branch's usage of "Chinese virus" and "kung flu". One of my friends responded that CNN had referred to it as the Wuhan or Chinese virus in the past, and that the author's criticism wasn't consistent, but rather an opportunistic attack on a White House they dislike. My friend is a lawyer and not just an uninformed hack, so while I responded to it with my opinion a couple hours ago, I'm curious as to what your opinions are of this topic: do naming conventions matter? Is it acceptable for media or politicians to flout those standards?

Depends on how its done. Trump has an overtly contentious manner of speech and frankly, China is a serious pain in the butt. Its a highly repressive regime that is actively attacking American (and other nation’s) interests https://thediplomat.com/2018/11/uncovering-chinese-espionage-in-the-us/
They are earmarked to be the next global superpower and there is no way to predict what the long term consequences of their achieving this will be. It seems more than plausible to me that Trump would deliberately use abrasive and hostile language because thats the kind of person that he is and he wants to highlight the adversarial nature of our relationship with China.

Thats Trump, though. Rep. Paul Gosar was criticized for calling it “Wuhan virus” even though he was self quarantining because he thought he may have been exposed to it. I personally see nothing wrong with calling it “Wuhan virus”. West Nile virus, Zika virus, Spanish flu, Rocky Mountain fever, St. Louis encephalitis, MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome), the list goes on. Its quite common to name contagious diseases based on where they first appeared. In my opinion, freaking out over such a thing is just the typical virtue signaling and fake outrage that is the hallmark of the left today.

And “kung flu” is just funny.

Warning: Spoiler!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #350713 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Coronavirus
The World Health Organization has said said that calling it “Chinese virus” may lead to racial profiling against Asians. I think thats ridiculous but they are WHO they are so when i found it i felt i should mention it. Heres a quote which seems reasonable enough and apparently goes back a couple of years: “certain words and language may have a negative meaning for people and fuel stigmatizing attitudes”
I wouldn't personally say “Chinese virus” but “Wuhan virus” seems fine, to me.

Also, i wanted to include this in my last post but i ran out of time:

“The People’s Republic of China....runs the world’s largest concentration-camp network, suppresses religious practice among Christians, Jews, and Muslims, runs a massive organ-harvesting operation among political prisoners and ethnic minorities, and is in the process of creating—with the help of U.S. technology firms—the largest surveillance state in human history.”
https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/14/what-do-u-s-companies-that-do-the-bidding-of-communist-china-owe-to-america/

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #350880 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic Coronavirus
Read this Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Attachment Capture.JPG not found

poor kitties

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by FTPC.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #350887 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Coronavirus
@Alethea Thompson (sorry, can't remember how to quote people)

I'm surprised that runny nose is on your list above much more common symptoms; the WHO website indicates that very few people would have a runny nose.

Common symptoms include:

fever
tiredness
dry cough.
Other symptoms include:

shortness of breath
aches and pains
sore throat
and very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Edan.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350888 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Coronavirus
It's because it's still listed on the WHO website as a symptom. Many of the essential organizations have said if you can check the box for 3 of the symptoms, you need to stay home and get tested.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350896 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Coronavirus
Different people get a different mix of symptoms, and severity.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 weeks ago #350905 by
Replied by on topic Coronavirus
Not saying it isn't real, but I would start questioning things as soon as possible because the things they tell us isn't right. Not everything's as it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMXse_Wisyo&lc=UgxZO2Su4zmFy3KW_Wl4AaABAg.975djt_FHLp977ozXp_4w_

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #350910 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Coronavirus
I would always be carful what I post and who but ... at the same time - this one will be hard to figure out for our selfs. So much good and bad available - don’t over do it Jedi. I may post piks of my own areas more than some one else’s. I may post more personal that just hear say. Media is hard to gauge because everyone's got a story and everyones got a purpose and none of em are me or mine or ours. It’s theirs.

I may still need to do snooping but this one may be harmful to snoop. Be safe Jedi and be smart. Jedi are smart. May the Force be with you and may it find you where you seek it.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350915 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Coronavirus
866-462-3821
North Carolina hotline
https://www.dukehealth.org/covid-19-update
These are MY guidelines where I live.
You must tell 911 if you think or have a small change of corona or are calling directly for it.
People here are going to jail because of malice intent. Real real

https://abc7ny.com/6035344/

Where I am - if contacted - you are sent home with hopes and instructions to self isolate. Until the sickness reaches a certain point - they will always send people home. They only keep infected who are terminal.
My hospitals are empty. They have been empty so common folks don’t contact the virus. There is today = there is no cure = hospitals are treating symptoms only. I don’t directly know which actual hospital is working on cures but it ain’t mine.
My local Veterans Clinic -
You have to walk into a tent before you get screened to enter and it’s slow. Not a lot of people there. I know they called every one end Re~scheduled real non essential appointment till further notice. Example : my sleep study is on hold till this is all clear. My mental health appointments are cleared till further notice. Most meds are now delivered by physicians orders. Pharmacy at the VA is closed. You call they bring it out. Duke University’s hospital is not empty but very much less. They are doing the same thing. It has a small number of terminal cases.

By all means - practice your freedoms but at the same time be smart. I don’t want to walk into the one hospital with that few terminal people and act a fool. That’s me. Not even saying others will.

I watched your video and I’m glad I got to. It may not be the best thing for the masses but I HOPE this can validate a few things for those who still don’t know.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #350918 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Coronavirus

Yabuturtle wrote: Not saying it isn't real, but I would start questioning things as soon as possible because the things they tell us isn't right. Not everything's as it seems.

Please do not spread conspiracy. We know nothing about the origin of those videos, nor about those hospitals. A few videos out of context is proof and evidence of nothing. I notice that there were no videos of full hospitals, as we have also been seeing.

Stick to the facts and nothing else.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Gisteron, Proteus, Kohadre, OB1Shinobi, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi