Reminder: Supplement/Medication Expirations

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310693 by Nakis
Just a quick and friendly reminder to double check your expiration dates for your vitamins, medicines, and supplements. I know we tend to treat dry goods as never spoiling, but It's super important with these items!

The passage of time can weaken the effects, giving you a lower than expected dosage, might spoil and give you some stomach troubles, or at its worse, become poison. This is especially true of some of our stronger medications!

So, check those dates and make sure you aren't ingesting expired pills! This includes that emergency Vicodin from your tooth surgery you kept just in case you needed it. ;)

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310696 by Neaj Pa Bol
And Please..... As a retired Nurse, don't feed into the I'll just save this for a rainy day. Pain Meds, Antibiotics (Especially), even Herbs and Natural medicines and others have complex compounds and they breakdown after time, that's why there are expiration dates... It was common up till the 90's that folks and (secret whispers) that you could keep items for a time... Children, infants and the Elderly are the biggest crash and burn response people there is. What could take less than minutes an hour to hours for an average adult can be seconds or minutes to Children, infants and the Elderly. You don't want to see an allergic reaction that goes south very quickly or other reactions due to it!!!! Be Safe and Be Smart!!! Thanks....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Neaj Pa Bol. Reason: Need additional info...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi