Mental Illness and support

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282119 by
Replied by on topic Mental Illness and support
In fact, we just identified the part of the brain effected by depression. These disorders are caused by genetic and hormonal imbalances (with contributing factors, many times from both).

This is why I started this thread. If we as a species aren't properly educated on these issues than we can't hope to help those who suffer from them. And I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to help you learn a little bit more about these disorders :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #282123 by JamesSand
I have the terrible misfortune to have been diagnosed completely free of any known disorder or mental illness,

I assume that means all my experiences and woes are based on the true and unfathomable awfulness of reality and not on tricks of my mind :( :silly:

(It's a good thing I don't have an addictive personality, otherwise I'd be worried about these drinks I'm having for breakfast and that I've spent the last 7 hours online...:whistle: )

Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you!

:laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 11 months ago #282127 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Mental Illness and support
Andillusion if I may ask you a question. In your own opinion do you think that there really is a "cure" for a mental illness or do you think merely with modern pharmaceuticals or, is the more natural way where it can be completely removed or very little notice. Personally, some mental illness is more difficult to deal with than others and please I mean that in a respectful way. But, say for example depression. IMO depression is so large scale of a mental disorder and I have met family, co workers and many other contacts that suffer from this. I am rambling sorry...but do you think there is a "cure?"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282129 by
I don't think there is. The thing is that these disorders can range from mild to debilitating so I think it's all dependent on the person. On one end I know of people who can handle it with just taking walks or talking to friends. On my end I'm on an SSRI anti depressant and I meditate. And what I've noticed at work in our Mental Health Unit is that some patients are so depressed that they can't work. On the end of bipolar disorder, medication is the only thing I've seen to even someone out. This is all from personal experience however so things could be very different person-to-person when it comes to bipolar disorder.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282131 by
Life can be hard, and this isn't just for people with mental disorders man. If you need to talk I'm here :). On that note however if you have a genetic predisposition towards a mental disorder high levels of stress can trigger them to rear their ugly heads. So stay vigilant my friend. And I'm here if you need to talk to someone

More
6 years 11 months ago #282132 by JamesSand

In your own opinion do you think that there really is a "cure" for a mental illness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM1-DQ2Wo_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMZi217RUUY

Okay, I know I'm not being useful, I'll see myself out.

More
6 years 11 months ago #282139 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Mental Illness and support
James, it really depends by modern science maybe. I feel there is through the force but, we're not talking about that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282141 by

Andillusion wrote: A huge part of mental illness is it's affect on others. Most people know someone who has a mental illness or is affected by it. if you ever need someone to talk to i'm here :)

This hits kind of close to home :(

my family often says how lazy and inconsiderate I am or like "I don't want to be part of the family" because I hide out in my room so much.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282193 by
Don't sweat it man. A lot of people are introverted and/or anxious around others, even family. If you have a lot going on I would see a therapist/psychologist and seeing what they have to say,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284504 by
Hey, I didn't know where else to go on the forum. If you don't know my background, well I've been diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar disorder. There are more details on my intro on the forum. Well my mind is racing at a million miles per hour, and it is making me letharhic. I can't talk to my wife because she's tired of dealing with it. To be fair to her she is working hard to keep us a float but i always feeling I'm drowning small tasks seem daunting. Part of me feels like putting a bullet in my head. I feel like the connection I had with the force is going to be severed. What do I do? How do I regain my connection and feel that inner peace again.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi