PMS Cravings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263848 by
Replied by on topic PMS Cravings
Trust me. My problem is Monsters. I developed the habbit back when I was working third shifts at Target. I literally only got 4 hours of sleep a day and had horrible insomina (Because sleeping while the sun was shining was next to impossible no matter how well i boarded up my windows)

Now. Whenever I feel stressed (Which is daily with kids) I grab a monster.

Whenever I get a headache (Mainly when I try to quit drinking Monster) I end up caving and drinking more Monster....even though it is the Monsters that are giving me these terrible headaches in the first place.

At the end of the day you have to ask....."Do I reeeeeeally want this to continue?" and then just....try.

and try again.

And again....

And again........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #263855 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic PMS Cravings

Trisskar wrote: At the end of the day you have to ask....."Do I reeeeeeally want this to continue?" and then just....try.

and try again.

And again....

And again........

Well, as a wise Jedi once said "Do, or do not. There is no try"

I can certainly keep doing, even if I have to keep doing it over and over again, ha ha ha!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263857 by
That's the spirit ;) B)

More
7 years 5 months ago #263858 by Leah Starspectre
Thanks for the encouragement ❤

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #263860 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic PMS Cravings
Don't buy it in the first place so it cannot get in the fridge. I avoid them most nearly entirely. I've been doing it so long now I do not know if that sounds extreme... I guess it does but after awhile all that junk foods just starts to look like garbage (because it might as well be), despite how nice it tastes.

We do not eat for taste, we eat for health. Perhaps people who only want to enjoy taste from food should do what wine folk do and not swallow... no taste buds in the gut AFAIK. Unless of course it all dissolves in the mouth :ohmy: I had a slice of chocolate cheese cake the other day which should have been illegal!!!

But to be a bit more serious..... you'd realize you don't need the increase energy during PMS of course. But you want to trust your body! So, perhaps its not your body making you crave when you get PMS....

So sticking to that eating is only meant for health angle, I think these days I view diet as more about gut flora, and sugary foods is not helpful in the slightest and can be avoided pretty much entirely IMO. Heck, if anything was going to be associated to midichlorians it probably would be gut microbiota! Gut microbes are integral to our health, linked to obesity among other things, but generally ignored until recently.

Maybe its related to the 'sea of qi' of the lower dantian even. But what to do... I'm no Doc, but I started drinking coconut kefir, supplementing inulin and had the occasional probiotic supplement... and avoid sugar of course, its effectively poison in regards to health. So try and be real about how much sugar is in the food your eating. Inulin is actually like a healthy sugar for your gut because it works as a fibre. Inulin can work wonders on stripping away visceral fat IMO. But speaking of fibre I also supplement psyllium husk to help keep things moving. If waste is being over processed because of imbalance in gut flora then its also important to keep it moving as well probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byaMExnXpSI

So maybe the hormonal changes during PMS create a change in the gut flora which drives the craving. Blame the midichlorians!! But if a person is already obese then it might mean the reaction is worse when it happens.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263886 by
For women its not just hormonal. After all the process does tend to make us lose alot of......certian needs....Hormones play a goodly amount but there is a lot of drain in other things. Which is why it is important to have good Iron intake and to drink double the amount more water than usual and to basically replace everything you lose during that week of H-***eavenly empowerment...... :dry:

So when your body misses out on certian things it will make you crave what you need. Trouble is....due to Habbit growing up...we associate the cravings with bad things. AKA Candy instead of Fruit. Mac Donald's instead of Steak from local Butchers house. Salty fries instead of bowl of spinach or broccoli.

This happens in pregnancy too (The conditions are linked) except that some woman get so desperate to replace what they lose by eatting paint chips >_> I remember when I lost ALOT of potassium due to pregnancy.....I hate bananas....except for the last two months when it was all I wanted to eat haha

The Gut Microbes are deffinatly apart of the whole....but womans problems are not just linked to hormones.

More
7 years 5 months ago #263887 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic PMS Cravings

Leah Starspectre wrote: Guh, there's nothing that depresses me more than restricting my treats.

Life sucks. In the end it's your call, you can either suffer your treat restriction or suffer the consequences of over indulgence. We don't get to have our cake and eat it too. :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 5 months ago #263888 by Leah Starspectre

Adder wrote: So maybe the hormonal changes during PMS create a change in the gut flora which drives the craving. Blame the midichlorians!! But if a person is already obese then it might mean the reaction is worse when it happens.

The hormone rollercoaster that happens during PMS causes drops in energy, blood sugar, and serotonin. Which is why so many women get desperate food cravings hungry and moodiness.

It's not as if I don't know what's healthy and not, its that I'm (so far) not able to channel the food cravings into healthy solutions. This is why I'm asking for advice - to see if an other women have been successful in managing the cravings. I've been able to control the pain, digestive issues, and mood swings related to PMS, but the cravings remain a problem.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #263889 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic PMS Cravings
Hormones are the only thing I could link to altering gut flora but your right, perhaps the altered dietary requirements also triggers the gut flora to change ones appetite in adverse ways. My post was just saying its likely gut flora meditates most all those things eg serotonin is about 90% produced in the gut for example.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 5 months ago #263893 by Leah Starspectre

Adder wrote: Hormones are the only thing I could link to altering gut flora but your right, perhaps the altered dietary requirements also triggers the gut flora to change ones appetite in adverse ways. My post was just saying its likely gut flora meditates most all those things eg serotonin is about 90% produced in the gut for example.

Hmmm...I didn't know serotonin was produced in the gut. I assumed it was in the brain. Maybe that's a missing piece of my understanding of the symptoms. Certainly gives me something to think about!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi