a new toy for fitness

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #256121 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic a new toy for fitness
hey man is this thing still alive?

if so, do you still use it/has it taken a lot of beatings?

if not, how long did it last?

thanks!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #256263 by
Replied by on topic a new toy for fitness

RyuJin wrote: so today i found a new toy for working out...it's a punching bag with a mat that goes over it. the mat has 6 targets with pressure sensors and lights. there are 4 training modes each with 5 different levels. a target lights up randomly and you have to strike the target...only a direct hit with enough force will register. it records your hits and misses then displays your accuracy. each game can be set for 1 - 5 minutes....i tried it today, and scored 87% on my first attempt, it would have been higher but some of my strikes were hard enough to send the bag too far away for me to reach the next lighted target in time...one of which was actually part of a combo, overhand right followed by a left uppercut which lifted the bag from its base and relocated it about a foot....otherwise it was really enjoyable...best $40 i've spent in a while...it will be a welcome addition to my fitness regiment....

here it is

Attachment ha4581d0.jpg not found

Can you post a video of that?

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 7 months ago #256265 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic a new toy for fitness
Haven't used it recently...been busy, but it is still intact...I definitely need to put the mat on a heavier bag as the current one is too light...if I hit it hard enough for the sensor to trigger the bag moves too far away for the next strike, if I hit it light enough to keep the bag from sailing the sensor won't register the hit...I can probably do a video when I get a heavier bag and a new camera...my brother stole my hd camera some time ago...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi