Garms Holocron

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25707 by
Replied by on topic Re:Garms Holocron
As you said yourself in another post Master Garm - diversions are put in our paths for a reason that are not always clear at the time ;)

If all else fails - Im sure there are prescription drugs for this :D

MTFBWY - A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 6 months ago #26272 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Garms Holocron
i know it's been a while since the last post on this thread but i have a suggestion if you're still having difficulty with adjusting to the previously unnoticed sounds during meditation... find a good sized closet that is unused and meditate inside it with the lights off while wearing earplugs/muffs and blindfold...it sounds odd but works similarly to a sensory deprivation tank. by cutting off the physical senses you leave your mind with itself for company. this can allow you to take control of it. gradually remove the blindfold, then earplugs, then turn on the light and finally exit the chamber... by the end you'll be able to turn off your physical senses at will and this will allow you to meditate no matter whats going on around you.

on the opposite end you can overload your meditation space with ambient sounds and practice blocking them out one by one until they are all silent. both techniques work. which one is best depends on the individual. personally i use both depending upon the moment.

consider this thought i got from philosophy class: the river we step in today is not the same river we stepped in yesturday,nor will it be the same tomorrow.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #26278 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Garms Holocron
Thanks for the suggestions RyuJin, they are all useful. about two weeks ago my meditation practice more or less returned to it's prior state and the period of increased sensitivity has passed. Why I experienced the change is unknown. I'm of the mind to not dwell too much on it though and move on...breath...smile, all is good :)
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Garm.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 6 months ago #26280 by RyuJin
it may be possible that the increased sensativity was due to coinciding with a particular lunar or celestial alignment, ie a full or new moon...or similar event

it has been proven that humans tend to be affected by various moon phases, for example starting 2 days before a full moon i am unable to sleep at all until 2 days after the apex...during this time i tend to have a heightened awareness to my environment, which also makes it difficult for me to focus and sometimes i'll find myself sitting outside staring at the moon for hours with no thoughts at all.

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #26545 by Garm
The force works in strange ways.

As you may know, I have a passion for restoring old cars. My current project is a ’76 Camaro RS that my wife picked up about ten years ago. I grew up in a family of gear heads (petrol heads for you Rich)
My dad currently owns and maintains a ’47 Monarch split-window Coupe, a ’68 Cadillac convertible and a ’86 Corvette convertible. My past stuff includes a couple of late 60’s firebirds, '80 Z28 and a ’7l Chevelle SS.

With my wife’s car nearing completion, I’m looking out for my next project car. I’ve decided to go with either a late 70’s Mercedes SL convertible or a late 80’s Porsche 944 or 928. Having spun wrenches on many American autos I thought some experience on something else would be fun. (Don’t read too much into this folks, either of these cars can be had in the $1000 to $4000 range in good condition with some TLC required-it is a hobby :P ).

So I’m in the market and I’ve been looking and tire kicking, surfing the net and reading up since I know very little of these types of cars right…now here’s where the force provides…

My office hires a new fellow, Mike. Well we get talking and he has rebuilt and daily (summer) drives his hobby…a ‘86 Porsche 944. He has owned it for six years and has in the past week shared such a wealth of hands on experience like his rebuild pictures, what to look out for, where in Toronto to get and not get parts those sort of things. A month ago I was blind going into this venture, and today I have access to real experience (and great stories) only two desks down.

Coincidence?
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26546 by
In my experience I have found things like this can happen all the time.

Bloody good timing tho':cheer:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 5 months ago #26552 by RyuJin
nice car collection....i have a few good ones myself my baby is a 1966 dodge w200 power wagon panel van which was a retired air force ambulance, and converted to 4wd...it has a wedge 413 with a 650cfm holley 4bbl dbl pumper, dual flowmaster exhaust 4.11 gears behind a rockwell 4spd manual trans....14 inches of lift sitting on 39x15 mickey thompson baja tires...me and my dad spent 2 years restoring it...it's still not finished,after a dmv search we found out that only 100 were left in the u.s. and in the last 15 years only 2 have been registered...i also have a 1990 25th anniversary mustang lx 5.0, my brother in law has a 1967 mustang coupe and he just sold a 1932 pontiac 2dr coupe, we also have a 1989 nissan 300zx with a mustang 5.0 motor in it..it spits 3foot flames out the exhaust tips fully loaded t-tops, leather interior and power everything...we put a looooot of work into getting that motor installed and keeping the car looking stock....

it is true the force does work in unique ways...my family always panics about things and never understand why i don't ...i've found that if you have a little patience things work themselves out so there's no need to panic

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26554 by
My next door neighbours had a 944 porshe - and some firebirds and some trans-am

I know what a gear head is btw - and a young version is a 'boy racer' 9the type who buys a VW golf for £600 and then spedns £2000 making the sound system loud and adding shiney rims etc :D)

Oh - my mom is a nightmare at traffic lights to these kids - she likes to beat them off the start in her 02 Honda Accord VTEC

Ive seen many a blushing face bowed in shame thru the rear view :D

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 5 months ago #26556 by RyuJin
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: rofl go mom...
i used to do that with my 89 nissan silvia when i had it shipped to the states after i got out of the military...the best was when i beat my friend in his '96 mustang cobra....that and the numerous speeding tickets i got out of cuz the cops weren't allowed to break 100 mph and i could do 145 in 4th gear

Quotes:

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 5 months ago #26557 by Garm
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

as Sammy Hagar sings...

go on & write me up for 125, post my face wanted dead or alive, take my license n' all that jive, I can't drive 55!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi