• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 10 months ago #23365 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Garms Holocron
one thing is certain...I have learned that Yoda was right...always in motion, the future is.

One just never knows exactly what tomorrow can bring :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 10 months ago #23391 by Garm
I have just asked to be deleted from the rolls of UJSO. There are a few things happening and others in the works that I just don't want any part of; so as of right now...TOTJO is the only Order that I have any connection with.

Perhaps without the multiple sites I will be able to pull my act together and concentrate on finishing the past projects I started and starting on a couple of others. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23393 by
Replied by on topic Re:Garms Holocron
Thats partly why im only active on the same 'family' of sites (TOTJO/TOTJF)

some people think this the wrong attitude - but thats up to them - those of us who know what your talking about will understand 100% ad i hope I speak for us all but for myself - I stand by you 110%

MTFBWY - A

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 7 months ago #25619 by Garm
something new, over the past few weeks, meditation has been different. In past practice I have been able to achieve a calm and passive state, what I am currently experiencing is more of a heightened awareness of my immeadiate surroundings, while the calm is there I seem to pick up on the smallest of sounds(?)movement(?) around me. I find it disturbing as it is not my norm and I'm not coming away with the same \"feeling\" as before. It's not a bad feeling, just different.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25621 by
wow, that is interesting. I really don't know what to say about that except do you 'feel' a presence of some sort?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 7 months ago #25625 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Garms Holocron
Are you the same person you were yesterday? Not if you dare to contact the Force, and meditation makes that possible. Unsettling, who isn`t when they`re dancing in the dark. I don`t think I need to tell you this but familiarity needs time and above all regularity. When I read your good news, since it is a message for us all that meditation works, the first image that came to mind was a pool of water being sucked up by a sponge as soon as they make contact. I saw you a being the water and the Force sharing and giving you room. The longer the contact the more we take on the form of that sponge... Anyway congratulations Brother and keep us posted.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #25651 by Garm
I just seem to pick up on the small things around me. Anora, I don't feel as if there is anything else with me at the time, I'm not particularly attuned to that sort of thing (my wifes department)but i wouldn't rule out a third party (for lack of a better term :) ) being there.

The bothersome thing is that I don't get into as calm a state as before, while the little things around me are more pronounced they do present a distraction of sorts. I just may need time to adjust to this 'mode'. I'll concentrate on not concentrating on returning to the old method and just let it take its course and see what happens.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Garm. Reason: spelling

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25668 by
just a thought Master Garm - but if you remember from Watts Psychedelic piece - there he describes a person being aware of the little things not normally taken much notice of.

Perhaps your sort of going out of yourself in a different way - your less self focused and thus 'picking up on the little things'.

Not related to meditation as such but I hope you understand the comparison - I have 3 fish tanks in my bedroom - each of which has at least 2 filters p;us air driven supplies - essentially alot of background noise. Im so attuned to the noise of each piece of equipment that I now wake up at the slightest difference in sound (usually a reduction in flow). Now all my family etc say that theyd find it impossible to get to sleep in this noise whereas Im so used to it - I don't think id sleep without it.

This last few days - weve had a little invasion of mice - and for the first time I can remember - they've gotten into my section of the house and believe it or not - I was actually 'disturbed' by the sound of a mouse easting a few stray crumbs of fish food in the dead of night.

What im saying is that one becomes used to the 'normal' noises - ie the usual 'distractions' and the mind finds new ones.

Whether or not this is good or bad is open to debate (largely on the context I guess) but as Im saying to you - perhaps your tuning into a new level - perhaps trying to fight against this is a bad idea?

MTFBWY - A

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 7 months ago #25681 by Garm
I'm going to just let it be and become one with this, at least for awhile (like I'm really able to change it anyways :laugh:) like your background noise, I suspect that I will become accustomed to this new way in time. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25699 by
For some reason, your dream about the stream and the rocks comes to mind. You were speaking about the force of water moving the rocks of our awareness crerating new expressions. It was a very enlightening, yet beautifully simple metaphor. Thank you for sharing.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi