Sith Realist Resources

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327826 by
Sith Realist Resources was created by
Hi!

Earlier today, Oct. 11 2018, Rugadd posted asking about teachings of the Sith. I realized that the only legit resource on this site was the Grand Book of the Sith... written by Darth Silus.

I am no expert on the Sith, by any stretch of the imagination. However, I have been around the community a few times, and I can help build a resource at this website for those interested in such a topic.

I will message the Council with my list of resources I'd like to post (to avoid any unauthorized links), and then I will share them with you here.

In the meantime, can we take a headcount of those who are interested in Sith Realism in any way? Do you want to know more about it? Do you want to study it? Would you want to study it here or at another website?

What do you THINK Sithism is? Without having any prior knowledge of it, or if you have studied it before, what did you learn?

-Z

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327830 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Realist Resources

Connor L. wrote: What do you THINK Sithism is?

The path of the pious (as in vain), angry (as in agro) or pained (as in ultimately absorbed in self through torture) that is "based on the observance of the Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Sith (a follower of Sithism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe.". Each inherently selfish and ok with it. Core concepts being 'empire' as nature, and.'power' as essence. Notably path's without boundaries (except those chosen), and the risks associated with that. So its not the name, but the game. Grey zones being the different definitions of empire and power. IMO :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327834 by
Replied by on topic Sith Realist Resources
What's the source for that knowledge? Not judging it one way or another. I just think it would be helpful for all involved to know where those ideas come from.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327838 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith Realist Resources

Connor L. wrote: What's the source for that knowledge? Not judging it one way or another. I just think it would be helpful for all involved to know where those ideas come from.

Knowledge of my opinion comes from experiences that form it, otherwise its just knowledge of other peoples opinions. Results only come from effort.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Tetrahedron, Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago #327845 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Sith Realist Resources
From what I have seen most Sith dont refer the force in anyway.. At least outside of fiction.
My understanding is limited because I have never actually joined a specific sith path.
From what I have observed they seem more interested in following their passion and enhancing their lives while learning to be strong independent people.
Learning conflict skills, debating about issues while concentrating on living their lives fully.
Some sites seem to be conflict based while actually giving valuable life lessons.
Just my limited opinion

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago #327850 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Realist Resources
My assessment is that Sithism and Jediism are inherently the same, though they deal in different languages, primarily, in the initial approach towards codifying how the world is viewed. The Jedi looks within to attempt to quiet themselves and “hear” the “Will of the Force”, which informs their mission as “duty to all”, and sets up all hurdles as “attachments to overcome”. The Sith looks within to “hear” their True Will (ala Crowley’s Thelema), which informs their mission as “passion”, and sets up all hurdles as “sacrifices” to make in the name of achieving it.

Both paths involve the pursuit of power, and a particular outlook on how to use said power. Ideally, both paths should produce skillful, strong adults able to respond to life challenges and impact their worlds positively (though the yardstick for “positive” varies between Jedi and Sith).

I am interested, Connor.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos, Maria,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327852 by
At least four of us. :) That's fantastic!

When I'm out of class later I'll respond with my own thoughts.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327853 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Sith Realist Resources
I wouldn't mind reading up, different perspectives and takes on the things we study should be encouraged!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Amaya

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327914 by
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.

We should start with the Sith Code. What are your thoughts on this? Try and come up with some initial thoughts. Then, once you have an idea about how you make sense of this, read Khaos's article "A Practice Sith Code" reproduced below:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327918 by
I myself feel no interest or need in learning the ways of Sithism in particular; acknowledgement of myown dark-side and striving for personal Balance within the Force is enough for me.

BUT-

I can see the value of having such information available; after all, doesn't our own mythology itself teach that ignorance of The Dark Side of the Force created more problems than it solved? By hiding away certain sets of information, and "sanitizing" their teachings, The Jedi of Lore, at the height of their power, grew complacent, but more importantly, ignorant of how to deal with any genuine threats that arose from The Dark Side, not to mention lacking in any way to recognize it's temptations, and thus when one is going down a dangerous path.

While I don't personally see any appeal in Sithism based on what I see in this and another thread, I can see, without judgement, why some might. It might even do some good, within the Temple here, to make such information available (though I wouldn't support actual teaching structures- We have forums for other faith/path discussion, and I think that's enough).

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi