This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own go

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266292 by
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266294 by
Yeah well , knowing G'd he proceedes as he bloody well likes , i dont think he lives in the realms of good and evil ;)

More
7 years 4 months ago #266307 by Gisteron
There is nothing demonstrably divine about the golden rule. There is nothing inherently good about it or inherently evil about violating it.

There is no evidence that there is any god that either does kill anything or has the power to either kill or to prevent death, or cure anything.

If god is immortal, the golden rule cannot help it decide whether to kill because its own being killed could not be hateful to it nor wished for. If god is mortal, it could be tired of living with the responsibility and wishing for death in which case the golden rule would at best not forbid and at worst instruct it to kill. There is also no evidence that what Jesus articulated is any god's rule.

And no, even if I grant you that Jesus said or believed any such thing, I would still not agree with him that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil, because the rule is so ill phrased that there are actions that could at the same time be both an application and a violation.

The problem is that God itself is not coherently defined. It can be anything and everything and nothing and we cannot say anything about it with any confidence whatsoever. The most we can do is address what people who believe to speak with authority about it say about it - people like you, GIa. And like all of your peers, you, too, are just making things up pretending like you are more than a mere mortal human and that you have access to knowledge the rest of us are denied when in reality you have by far even less than what little some of us can offer...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kohadre

More
7 years 4 months ago #266319 by Manu
If by "God" you mean the Abrahamic God, then you should be aware that good and evil are defined by Him, that is, good is his will, evil is anything else.

Which makes anything He does inherently good. He is above the Law.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 4 months ago #266336 by JamesSand
Okay God is evil. You got me. I'm on board.

Now what happens?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266340 by

JamesSand wrote: Okay God is evil. You got me. I'm on board.

Now what happens?

Hopefully he smites the troll... ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266344 by
If God is real and we are created in his image you should expect similarities in nature.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266365 by
Death is not something God cursed us with, man cursed man with death by sinning and allowing sin to be apart of the world.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266391 by Gisteron

Silas Eventhorne wrote: Death is not something God cursed us with, man cursed man with death by sinning and allowing sin to be apart of the world.

Um... no. That's nonsense. Death existed long before mankind did. The limited energy supply is pretty much the only reason evolution happens at all. If things were immortal, mankind would never have come about and all we would have is the most rudimentary self-replicating, probably crystalline structures that didn't have to compete for resources by adapting more aggressive or defensive self-preservation strategies. The digestive system signaling hunger didn't just pop into being the moment we sinned. Neither did the sex organs to propagate ourselves while we were still alive need to exist if we'd stay alive indefinitely. Diseases didn't just come out of nowhere the instant we sinned, along with an immune system to protect us from them AND a virus that cripples our immune system just in case it doesn't fail all on its own.

Even within the biblical creation narrative that model makes no sense. So man was immortal before he ate from either of the forbidden trees, but also mortal because he hadn't eaten from the Tree of Life that grants immortality? What if he had eaten from that tree? Would he then be punished with mortality but also have eaten the fruit that makes him immortal? And what if he hadn't eaten from either tree but obeyed God instead? It's almost like it was written by George Lucas to explain in as much a contrived way as humanly possible the trivially obvious problem with child birth pains: Too big baby heads.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266395 by
I think probably its all just stories ppl teach and exchange with one another, there is nothing that doesn't have a story and everyone has their preferred narrative.
even science can be looked at as a story in the right terms or measurements, which is what science essentially is.
lets say there is a single solitary truth, that would get boring as hell after awhile.
ppl find create and agree upon truths in my view.
if (God) is real in any form i think its safe to say miscommunication can happen between that being and others as well.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi