Your religion is fiction

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #126960 by
Replied by on topic Your religion is fiction
The concept of equality doesn't suggest that everyone is the same... it means that everyone deserves the same rights.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #126962 by
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #126971 by
[IMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXYsYfvyRI&feature=player_detailpage

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 3 months ago #126972 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Your religion is fiction
and the point of the last two posts is.....?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #126973 by
[IMG

Awen my dear... Awen!!!!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 3 months ago #126976 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Your religion is fiction
Yes, i can see that. I was refering to why youre postic pic after pic without comment or explanation

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127003 by
Is it fiction? Is it fake? Where is the line drawn between real and imaginary? On what grounds can we decide the difference?

:silly:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127006 by

Brenna wrote: Yes, i can see that. I was refering to why youre postic pic after pic without comment or explanation

I apologize for that. I can see how it can be annoying. I will refrain from doing it in the future.

More
10 years 3 months ago #127013 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Your religion is fiction

Streen wrote: Where is the line drawn between real and imaginary? On what grounds can we decide the difference?

We have a world to share. That's the one reality that actually bears consequences to ourselves and our fellow primates. It is this reality that matters now, be it real in the end or not. So let's be concerned with this reality and let's not be too disregarding of it in favour of realities that don't affect our lives. Let's live think and act and work while we're still alive and while we aren't dreaming and let's be concerned with dream worlds and death only when we dream or once we die. Its not that fuzzy of a line. There is a method of telling truth from falsehood, reality from fantasy and fact from fiction. And the more and the better it is used, the better it makes our lives within the reality it is concerned with.

Sure, stories are sometimes nice models of some aspects of this reality and are a convenient way of teaching those aspects to the weak mind. It is only when fantasy is being intentionally presented as part of this reality rather than a different one (fantasy), that it becomes harmful to the listener and her fellow people once interaction begins.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127031 by

On what grounds can we decide the difference?

I don't know about "we" but I'm OK with a little fiction and fantasy.

let's be concerned with dream worlds and death only when we dream or once we die.

Why wait? These are things we can reflect on now. I don't see any harm in that.

Sure, stories are sometimes nice models of some aspects of this reality and are a convenient way of teaching those aspects to the weak mind

Weak minded? I think that's insulting and an elitism statment.

It is only when fantasy is being intentionally presented as part of this reality rather than a different one (fantasy), that it becomes harmful to the listener and her fellow people once interaction begins.

You mean like politics? :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi