• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #29428 by Garm
Zen was created by Garm
Zen,with its tradition of teachings and practices, is like a corner of nature that has not been touched by the human hand.

Nature where calm, serenity and harmony prevail. Nature whose purity has the transparency of cold spring water.

Whatever the vehicle chosen, the path of wisdom can be long and tortuous. But the spirit that attains higher states of lght is like a mirror that reflects everything perfectly.

This practice is very synomonous to the way of the Jedi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 10 months ago #31052 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Zen
that is part of the reason i became a zen buddhist, for centuries it was taught in conjunction with martial arts, as i studied martial arts over the years i discovered that little nugget of enlightenment and turned my attention towards it...and because it was so similar with jediism it was easier for me to tell others i was zen buddhist as a way of allowing them to understand the concepts better. now rather then putting it in terms for others to understand easily, i educate them...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #52614 by
Replied by on topic Re: Zen
I agree completely. I've always been spiritually attracted to Zen Buddhism, and when I saw how well it melded with Jediism it seemed as though they blended together and allowed me to explore Jediism in a new way, as well as to explore Buddhism in a new way. I also agree with RyuJin that it is easier to publicly call oneself a Zen Buddhist than a Jedi because the principles are so similar with only differences in names to divide them. Though I do love bumping into a spiritually intellectual person who is willing to learn about the practices rather than the names. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #52629 by
That's what I think is great about being Jedi. Our doctrine and teachings symbolically parallel many others and can fit into anyone's life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #59755 by

Garm wrote: the spirit that attains higher states of light is like a mirror that reflects everything perfectly.

There is no mirror ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi