Query about Mandalorians

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82066 by
Replied by on topic Re: Query about Mandalorians
I want to point out that I did not liken the Mandalorian philosophy to that of Bushido. I said that if you adapt (ie change) the Mandalorian philosophy to reflect the morality of the Jedi, it would be similar to Bushido.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #82067 by

Iron Wings wrote: Jediism is not surprisingly one of the more fascinating religions because of -what seems to be- the inspiration lying in science fiction films and media.

I disagree with you on that. I think that's the first mistake everyone makes in his first aproach to Jediism (i did). Jedis don't believe in science fiction characters, just take the phylosopy i think. "The Force" is just a name given to the same thing that other religions believe. Jedis are more open minded, accept other points of view. But there are lot of role players who proclaim themselves Jedi and feed that confusion.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 4 months ago #82077 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Query about Mandalorians

Iron Wings wrote: Looks like I may have to be setting up a Mandalorian Religious College here soon... :unsure:

Oh, no, lol...

Sorry, I am not looking to learn their/your ways...

Merely mildly curious...:)

But not enough to delve to deeply...

No offence...

Or did you mean your own site?:dry:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82080 by

Iron Wings wrote: Looks like I may have to be setting up a Mandalorian Religious College here soon... :unsure:

Please link me, this is much better than the "old" view on Mandalorian philosophy that I knew. Honestly, I'm glad they finally got some "real" attention. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82107 by
I was being sarcastic, at my own expense, but there was a grain of consideration in it. From looking around at TOTJO I am inspired, and as I said- if any of this would house my spirituality or philosophies I think the Mandalorian culture as I have understood it, would be home. But since that doesn't exist in the principles you have here- it is perhaps irrelevant, but that was my reasoning in the opening post. The idea occurred to me that Jedi and Sith learnings exist here but not that third dimension as cited in the lore.

Genjen, I appreciate what you say although I have to admit- to the detriment of what I intended to be a neutral stay here- that I still don't fully understand the difference between what I said: "-what seems to be- the inspiration lying in science fiction films and media"
and what you said: "Jedis don't believe in science fiction characters, just take the phylosopy i think. "The Force" is just a name given to the same thing that other religions believe."

Whilst I haven't read of anyone here believing in the real existence of Yoda, the fact that The Force is DIRECTLY taken from the Star Wars mythology, and the aesthetics and surface aspects, terms and pretexts all originate with the Star Wars mythology- I don't understand to what extent you are or are not inspired by films. It seems undeniable to me that TOTJO is inspired by Star Wars... where else does all this come from? Is there anyone that claims TOTJO is entirely separate from the films? I don't think the front page disclaimer is informative enough to make a clear definition, it only disclaims.

I am not intending to provoke anyone or challenge your beliefs, I understand if my comments are unwelcome- because if I was writing this in a Christian faith forum I would be met with at least a little indignation for what I have said. But as a Religious Scientist it is impossible for me to take my personal perspective out of the anthropological equation, and I am trying to be honest about my misunderstandings and some thoughts I have which may seem odd to you all (such as the Mandalorians in the OP) in order for me to get to grips with your religion.

From what I can gather the religion has limited members and limited coverage/interaction in the media so I hope that my discourse here is welcome as an exercise in healthy debate and educating an outsider such as myself.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi