Exercise 5 guidance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46134 by
Exercise 5 guidance was created by
I have a series of questions that can all be distilled down to 'I need some guidance on Exercise 5'.

First, I find it difficult to even know where to start 'comparing religions'. I mean, we just got done reading a series of lectures where the point that most all religions are 'true from a metaphorical sense' was repeated at least twice, a point that I find valid and agree with. So in comparing these religions, it seems to me I would link to Wiki, find the list of highlights on each religion and place them near each other in the paper for ease of comparison. IMO, the most of the ways they vary are in points of etiquette and protocol.

So, the question, after all that, is can you please be more precise in what it is that will be deemed acceptable/passable for this exercise so that I have a clear goal in mind when I start the process?

Next, I have a tendency to expand an argument or point to try to 'cover all my bases', so to speak, so that there may be TOO MUCH information rather than too little. this is reflected in my previous journal entries. I read somewhere that a para a chapter is the minimum for books, is this accurate? I am by no means trying to 'slack', or whatever, I am simply trying to narrow my focus. For example, each religion doubtless has thousands of books written over hundreds of years about it. No one can read them all. So, again, trying to narrow focus.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #46135 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Exercise 5 guidance
The guidelines you are referring to are loose...

Some predate the Program as it now it is...

Say you are explaining it to me, and i understand your words, but we only have about ten minutes...

I understand Christianity...

How would you summarize these so i stay attentive, and my eyes not glaze over?

Does that help?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46150 by
Replied by on topic Re: Exercise 5 guidance
Indeed. Thank you, Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi