Study Material?

Moderators: J_Roz, Desolous, tzb

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
"All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil."
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Loooong apprenticeships (Last post by Avalonslight)
    • I happen to be of the belief that apprenticeships should have a minimum time length. I also happen to think that six months is probably not quite long enough... But I would say the example of two years is a bit long. I would say a year, personally. I feel like it should be a process where one takes their time, and really sits there and absorbs the material, rather than a "this is a check mark I need and the faster I do it, the faster I'll get that box checkmarked, and the faster I'll. . . " and on and on and on. And I definitely think that even here there are people who just go through the motions to get to some end goal rather than paying attention to the process itself. Sure, each person is going to advance at their own rate, and there are definitely people who get done in the six month minimum and they got what they needed out of it. But I would have to question if their experience wouldn't be better if they were forced to slow down a bit....
    • What do you think (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: What do you think about all the metaphors my Temple? You think they are usefull? Hindrance? Anything that makes you think is a good thing. Anything that expands your awareness and loosens up ridged opinion is good. I don't know if I could live without them. ;-) Right! I feel ya they are in every religion sect story penned it seems. Thanks for the post
    • Have you killed a human ?? (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: I understand that feeling, but having been through that outcome way more times than I could count, I can tell you from experience that it's not an accurate perspective. Someone's heart stops, that person is unfortunately dead. Sometimes we can turn that around with CPR and medications. But when what we can do isn't sufficient, we should consider forgiving ourselves for not being omnipotent gods. :) Blessings for what you did do for that unfortunate person. I'm sorry the end result couldn't have been better. Thank you, I truly appreciate your words
    • Monthly Council Reports Transparency (Last post by MadHatter)
    • I have read and watched over this thread and would like to offer my own view on the matter. First of all I think that the fact is that this place is far more open about what is going on then many other places on the web. I mean how many other web forums or churches have the members voting and discussing things at a particular level? How many post a news letter? Most web forums or churches I was a part of didnt let me know or have a say in squat unless it was a decree that such and such had changed. Even when I was a moderator for a major dating site I had no say in anything. That was the web designers and board that ran it. Secondly how much information and time do we demand from the council? I mean as has been said the Knights discuss a lot and frankly I am fine with that as well a say should be earned through some process in my opinion. Knighthood is as good a method as anything I could think of. So outside of the Knights voting and discussing on most of the issues what do we want? I mean there has to be some limits on this so that things dont get bogged down and stagnant. Finally this is just a personal observation but I agree with Jestor on the fact that its ironic that we are demanding so much transparency from the Temple when most of us dont even know what laws are being discussed in our towns. We demand to know how a church works that at best impacts us minimally as far as rules go. Yet we dont even know what laws are up for vote that could make us felons. To close there is a lot of optimistic talk about what should be but very good reasons have been give as to why it cant be that way. It reminds me of a quote from family guy:" Ah, Shouldland, where clean-cut kids cruise Shouldland Boulevard, and the Shouldland High football team gets their optimistic a$%@* kicked by their crosstown rival, Reality Check Tech."
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Trisskar)
    • Ya know....when you say you are going to do something...generally...it is best to do it....or not say it at all. No worries....its not like I needed it or anything.....
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Jamie Kay)
    • I'm grateful for all the wonderful moments my mother and I shared. I'm grateful that in the end, I was able to see her again and talk with her. And I'm grateful that I still have my father and grandmother in my life, and an extraordinary family here in Georgia.
    • Why Not... (Last post by TheDude)
    • I don't like the dogmatic aspect of Christianity or the proselytizing aspect of it. Stripping away the story of the bible and leaving only the ethics (also setting aside the dogmatism) you're left with a kinda decent ethical system, but no argument is really made in favor of any of it other than the dogmatic or fear-mongering arguments (e.g. "if you don't believe/follow this, you're going to hell.") so I find philosophical publications more useful for finding relatable ethical stances. Overall, I don't agree with the vast majority of metaphysics, history, ethics, politics, etc. found in the bible, new or old testament (I was raised Jewish, so I'm more familiar with the old testament), so there's really no reason why I would be a Christian.
    • A Question about Love (Last post by TheDude)
    • What do you mean by "love"? I love both my mother and father. I love my girlfriend. I love my friends. Aren't these different "loves"s with different qualities? Because I think a lesbian can love a man as a parent loves a child, or a child loves a parent, and a lesbian can love a man as a friend. But someone who's purely lesbian won't likely ever have any kind of romantic love for a man.
    • How to Find Out If Your Penis Is a Normal Size (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Wait...what's a penis :laugh: 'appiness is icecream....lol I recommend that everyone be required to take human sexuality in school...not the extremely watered down crap they call "sex education"....the average vaginal depth is 4.5 -5 inches, so if you're packing at least that much you're plenty for pretty much any woman...the average erect male is 5.5-6 inches, while average flaccid is 1.5-2 iches...that can change over time as gravity does its thing...so now you know ;) I took human sexuality in college...it was one of my favorite classes....
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by MartaLina)
    • We are moving my daughter into a temp spot so i am excused from going to the gym from my trainer ( lol) eating could go better tho , next to my diet i gobbled 2 chocolate bars down i had bought for my daughter hm hmm so ..i am not counting this day :silly:
    • Love vs Attachment (Last post by JamesSand)
    • Quote: being cynical is not the same as being wise Fake it 'til you make it They're also not mutually exclusive. I am cynical in many ways, Perhaps it is genetic, or perhaps it's something I developed from experience. As per the OP Quote: subscribe to the idea of minimizing attachment to free the self from unnecessary physical and emotional burdens. - That applies to me, but that's something I've come too after many emotional attachments (people and things) have in the long run been a burden. Your mileage may vary, and I don't think you can read a book, or "buy" someone else's wisdom on the subject. If someone asks for mine, I give it (and occasionally people find value or comfort in it), but I am not prepared to label it as the solution to life the universe and everything.
    • Waging Peace (Last post by Adder)
    • With International Peace Day coming up on Sept 21, it could be a good time to consider 'how to make peace'!? She talks about 'negative peace' being a condition of peace, perhaps a type of effort, defined by the absence of conflict. So then 'positive peace' effort gets divided into 8 distinct work areas, the 'Pillars of Peace'; [image] Seems pretty normal to us in the West, but perhaps they are actually quite vital!! I guess the theory is the Pillars of Peace reduce the chance of conflict developing, and while negative peace is the main metric of peace, its probably not the most useful focus to create and maintain peace. Sure the ability to control (read; stop) conflict is vital for restoring the condition of peace when violence starts, but perhaps there is more to peacekeeping then the promise of a strong armed response. I"m sure no-one wants to live in a Police or nanny state, but I've always considered Jedi to be peacekeepers... at least in belief if not conduct. For more discussion, here is a conference playlist titled the Future of Peace from earlier this year; www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzyGLFG67...BsjC28h9t95SiFyX0hke economicsandpeace.org/ www.visionofhumanity.org/ www.peacecorps.gov/ internationaldayofpeace.org/

There are 163 visitors, 7 guests and 40 members online (none in chat): Br. John, baru, Jestor, Sven, Wescli Wardest, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, OhBeOne, Joxman, Brenna, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, Namid, Jamie Stick, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Codex, TheDude, Adi, Tellahane, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Ryder, Codama, Amaterasu, Jamie Kay, x57z12, Leah Starspectre, Albekl, Blitz7737, Jack, Jutus, LMaddox, cravenflame, Jaxz.

Follow Us