Study Material?

Moderators: J_Roz, Desolous, Reliah

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
"All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil."
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Defining Jedi and Sith (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Look at the two creeds. It's (to me, at least) obvious. A Sith is fueled by passion. They are usually more hands on and direct. At their best they are artists and creators. At their worst they are cold and argumentative manipulators for their own gain. There is an urgency to them that is admirable, but can sometimes blow up in their faces. A Jedi is fueled by a desire to control their passions, to see with clear eyes. They are ruled by careful discernment. They are more likely to talk to you in metaphor so that you might learn something in your own way, in your own time. At their best they are that steady, sound mind you hope your children will become. At their worst they are removed, trapped in their own cave of deep thoughts. There is a slow, carefulness to them that is admirable, but it can seem like apathy if they consider too long when something important needs doing. We are not living in films; they are just the names of the two poles we all live between. It is not possible to be all one or the other.
    • International Jedi Day - May 25th! (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • I've also noticed Wrala Valel's post: "In honour of Jediism Day, I have taken a conditional vow of silence (speaking only when absolutely necessary) in order to maintain a more constant state of mindfulness and to really hear myself, the Force and the others around me. If anyone wants to join me, please, feel free. I am only going to do this for today to start, but feel free to 'pause and listen' as long as you feel the need. Becoming one with the Force is what Jediism is all about, after all :0)" Another great idea!
    • Thank our guides on the Path (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I dont know where to start , so many people that i am thankfull for here at the Temple , for welcoming me into this community , offering me a place where i can study and improve , my Master Carlos who is ever so patient with me , my brothers Cyan and Jack , the Council , the Clergy ,so many Knights , Novices , Members , Guests , like i said , i dont know where to start , just thank you All of you * smooch* [image]
    • Boulimia and sugar (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: ...dont quote me but i think we are the only ones who drink other animals milk. i love yochurt ... s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/10/...71548a8d29d8b3db.jpg
    • Is belief in democracy required of a Jedi? (RELEVE... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • when you posted this Quote: Democracy and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum you committed this yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy and in the time since youve made that association, you've done nothing to demonstrate that democracy actually IS an ad-populum fallacy, you simply implied it and then moved along to ramble about profit margins but maybe democracy is popular because its better than the alternatives? and maybe people "believe in" it because its the best system we have so far? so at this point you either need to demonstrate that democracy is actually an ad poulum fallacy, which you can only do by explaining how some other system is definitely better or you need to concede that it may not be an ad populum fallacy but im pretty sure i already know how youre going to respond lol and its neither of those
    • Jedi wisdom meme (Last post by MadHatter)
    • This is a meme thread dedicated to wisdom on the Jedi Path. It will seem familiar to those that are frequent visitors to the Temple Facebook page. Ill get us going but I hope to see your Jedi memes on this day dedicated to Jediism and the Path we walk here at the Temple. [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Miss_Leah)
    • Quote: Yes I have reasoned with people who are blindly angry very successfully, and obviously the issue at hand is some have mediation and de-escalation skills to deal with confrontation and conflict, while the skill sets are absent in others. If the word "sometimes" has to be said, the context actually begs the question when there's no specific examples to demonstrate "some of those times". De-escalation is a focus on other angry party that requires acknowledgement of the grievance. However, silence is a means of demonstrating not knowing what to do other than be silent. You're assuming that all people have (or should have) the skillset needed to de-escalate an aggressive situation. While that is certainly ideal, it's not a reasonable expectation. As Jedi, sure, we can strive to learn how to de-escalate verbally. But not everyone has that level of insight. I think the point of the article is to explain that silence is better than engaging if there's a risk to escalate. And for Average Joe, that's a real risk. Silence is the middle road: not as damaging as responding with emotion, but perhaps not as good as having the skill to defuse.
    • Simple Gifts (Last post by Joda Sett)
    • Another breath The way the clouds area set ablaze at sunrise The warmth of my daughter’s lips on my cheek A clear summer night Getting lost in the sea of stars to Holt’s “The Planets” The aroma of an open fire Dogwoods in bloom A rainbow of blossoms in the orchards Fresh honey Crisp autumn air A hayride to the pumpkin patch through a colorful forest The bountiful harvest lay out on the dinner table Dancing flakes, drifting to a blanket of white The piercing winter winds The soft glow of lights on the tree A serene sunset The way the beams glisten upon the distant leaves The softness of my furry companion’s coat against me
    • Jediism Day and a Vow of Silence (Last post by WralaValel)
    • In honour of Jediism Day, I have taken a conditional vow of silence (speaking only when absolutely necessary) in order to maintain a more constant state of mindfulness and to really hear myself, the Force and the others around me. If anyone wants to join me, please, feel free. I am only going to do this for today to start, but feel free to 'pause and listen' as long as you feel the need. Becoming one with the Force is what Jediism is all about, after all :0)
    • Distant Horizons (Last post by Streen)
    • Great story, Joda :) It actually hit home. There's a girl I see my other spiritual self in. Sadly it is not meant to be.

There are 695 visitors, 6 guests and 26 members online (8  in chat): Br. John, Firewolf, Jestor, Trisskar, Joe, Adder, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Lykeios, Khaos, Kit, Goken, Aqua, FTPC, Atticus509, Adi, Tellahane, Obedient Jedi, Hyrum Tigerprice, MadHatter, MartaLina, Braedon2011, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, FAT, Ryder, mulster2001, thomaswfaulkner, Miss_Leah, CableSteele, Albekl.

Follow Us