Study Material?

Moderators: J_Roz, Desolous, Reliah

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
"All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil."
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Should jedi train in combat? (Last post by Adder)
    • Our animal self's seemed to be instinctively tuned to awareness of what is called a dominance hierarchy. We probably automatically and even subconsciously look around and assess our 'status' in relationship to others so to predict what safe options are available to us and therefore what might be unwise options. This 'status' in animal terms might be physical strength, sexual attractiveness and signs of life success, such as wealth, confidence and support (friends/allies). There is a lot of relevant information which can be found in this seemingly natural process, to predict and avoid or prevent escalation of conflict. But I think getting dragged into 'combat' should be avoided as much as possible, unless you enjoy training in it or have a background in it, because then you might be able to position yourself in a unique way to reduce the threat to others. This though I don't think is a requirement, or should not be, for someone to define themselves as Jedi..... as many people cannot undertake that path for various reasons. I don't think we should expect proficiency in physical combat as a requirement for survival either, as a switched on mind should be able to give you an advantage in prediction and preparation to shape events in one way or another without resorting to the high risk intervention that is direct physical combat. There are a heap of variables in real combat which are outside martial arts training, as real fights often tend to be brutal, fast, messy and often fatal. All it takes is one mate you didn't notice smashing you in the back of the head with a pole and its all over red rover. I'm not a martial artist, but if I had to develop a program it would probably be all about falls, locks, throws and blocks and develop strength in those areas for mobility and defensive capability, and then extend training outwards to use improvised weapons along those same lines.... and then spend the rest of my time learning the mind stuff :evil:
    • Untrustworthy Blood (Last post by MrBruno)
    • Take care who you can help those you can. If someone hurts you, you forgive, but do not stay too close or will maxucar. A house divided can not survive. Something very shallow to say, but meditate on what I said and you will see that I have logic in what I say. If you need some help or just vent, do not avoid sending me a PM
    • TOTJO Clergy Structure (Last post by Edan)
    • I'd like to thank Aqua for taking this over and already doing a lot of work on it. I get notifications whenever someone alters my google documents and I have had a lot of notifications in the last couple of days :)
    • Smart Guns (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Quote: Ignore that my phone opened up tapatalk in my pocket. Ironic, in a thread about smart guns... would they also "open" in our pockets? xD
    • The Evolutionary Argument Against Reality (Last post by Goken)
    • Every time I read about the observer effect or things like this article I have two reactions, usually right after the other. The first is "Holy cow this changes everything, my life will never be the same." The second is "That's cool and all, but how does that actually change anything on a practical level for me?" It is good to think about how our perception creates our reality but some times I feel like quantum physics is just thinking about stuff to think about it. I know that's not really it but some times it feels that way. :laugh: We can never know what the snake actually is, only what our brain tells us it is. Deep, but since I can't know why worry about it? I did really like the desktop analogy. That file on my computer desktop isn't actually a file in my computer. [image]
    • The Martial Art of Pat-a-Kai (Last post by Goken)
    • This was very funny, but I also really liked it and might actually utilize this when working with children. Thank you.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Kit)
    • No! I've been asking for SIX MONTHS to have someone else working here with me. SIX MONTHS! And now that I want to take ONE day off so I can celebrate my birthday it's "Well....probably not. You're the only one here...." No! LEADERSHIP has been unable to give me what I need to do my job. This isn't a fault of my own. And now you're going to keep me from enjoying a day with my family? Because you wouldn't cough up one more body? For a job that is just traffic directing anyways. I'm not mission essential. I'm not. I'm useful, but not detrimental to the workings of the squadron. You can try to convince me of my value to the squadron all you want but I've been working this job for two long unnecessary years. I let you take away the time I was going to spend with my sister for her wedding. I will walk up the chain if you don't give me a better answer than "You're one-deep in your job". Shoulda thought about that before you 'forgot' to send me the help I needed.
    • Initiation programme (Last post by Prelalo)
    • So much insight on beliefs and disbeliefs, I really appreciate it everybody. I just finished the audio. My first part will be from I took from it, second part is brief meanings and stories behind five of the five mythologies, and third is going to be a final review and then a couple paragraphs of what I believe.
    • Your Jedi Rituals (Last post by Archon)
    • My "ritual" is to recite the Creed when I am faced with a tough decision. The words remind me to be myself.
    • "Camping’ on Your Own Land is Now Illegal — G... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • I havent found much from "the other side" in fact, every time i have looked, i have simply found more instances of off the grid living being - seemingly at least - deliberately opposed by government from nuisance abatement teams to the "conspiracy theory" sounding but actually true "United Nations Agenda 21" and even a situation which has the hallmarks of deliberate infiltration by government agents lol i know how hokey that sounds and i admit that its certainly not the only possibility - "off the grid" attracts a wide variety of individuals, including some pretty extreme types, im sure the use of public water does make sense as a valid issue to be dealt with, but still i do get the impression that there is intentional effort by the government to oppose this lifestyle [image]

There are 127 visitors, 2 guests and 24 members online (4  in chat): Br. John, Phortis Nespin, Connor L., Rosalyn J, Lykeios, Kit, Avalonslight, Rick D, carlos.martinez3, Arkayik, Tellahane, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, Gwinn, Arthur H., nidem, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, JamesKenobi, Prelalo, Ryder, robdegrey, Jedi Traceur, The Coyote, Scorpion, Akayuki.

Follow Us