Study Material?

Moderators: J_Roz, Desolous, Reliah, Edan

Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:20 #44217

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Where can I find the study material for Initiates??

Thanks,
Remem

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 03:43 #44220

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
If you mean the audios for Joe Campbell and such...

They are in the front page of the site, as well as in the library...

Does that help?
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su. Kitsu Tails

Liz Gilbert: In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you. ~Eat, Pray, Love~

Bella Swan: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age. And at a certain age, the child is grown and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." ~Twilight~

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 05:03 #44222

• Remem
  • Novice
  • ID: 8320
Yes, Thank you

Re: Study Material? 08 Nov 2011 09:49 #44227

You can find everything you need under the "Studies" tab at the top right of the website, next to the "Home" tab and the "My Totjo" tab. There, the initiate's program is outlined in great detail, and you can begin at any time, as well as take as much time as you need to complete these assignments.

Good luck!
"All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil."
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Copyright and the IP (split from original material... (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Thanks, Adder. I offered this solution in another thread too. I think it's the best compromise for now. We give links to the paid materials, we "assume" that everybody buys them to do the IP. It's a really good course of action. In this way, we encourage people to give the right credit to the content creators, and we also allow people to find the material with their own conscience. Someday, maybe we'll have a completely original TOTJO curriculum when this won't be a problem anymore. As to your ideas about society, I agree. I think we should change the laws. I just also think we should not go around them even when they are "dead".
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • You don't know me. I'm not what you think I am. Frankly, it's too late now.
    • Where do you meditate? (Last post by Aspen Evenstaad)
    • Wherever I can! I find it hard to find the time to meditate consistently - discipline in my practice is something that has come hard for me. So, I try to take any opportunity for stillness and meditate in the environment I happen to be in. More regularly this is a room in my house, in the Tai Chi studio during my current Chi Gong practice (standing and moving meditation), or in the yoga studio during yoga. I enjoy moving meditations. But equally important to me is sitting meditation. The focus is very much different during these different types of meditation.
    • I felt a great disturbance in the Force... (Last post by Reiji)
    • It is always a great feeling when you can sense the positive flow of energy. In today's word a lot of what is negative is shown to us on a daily basis. There is a lot of pain, suffering, and negativity that is occurring, yet there is also a lot of good that manifesting daily. It is the way of the Force that both the positive and negative both flow into the world. The feeling you describe is something I feel in my heart whenever I allow my focus to be the Primal good that exist in all life despite the bad that also occurs. Thank you for posting such a positive message and as Jedi I believe we can help those around us by being positive sources of change in our surrounding environments.
    • Add Chomsky to the Initiate Program (Last post by Senan)
    • Quote: I still feel like people are looking at the IP like it's the entirety of the training offered here and that is FAR from true. THIS. Chomsky would likely be a great apprentice lesson for a Jedi with a penchant for politics, and a Teaching Master should recognize this. My own Master tzb has assigned material for me to study based on what he believes will be beneficial to MY development. He has taken the time to learn what areas I have more experience in and what areas may be new territory for me. The IP, in my understanding, is not only meant to convey information, but also a test to learn if an individual is even motivated to complete it. I would argue that it doesn't even matter how you answer the IP lessons as long as you do it thoughtfully. I've read a response to The Field in which a novice called it completely unbelievable crap. That alone speaks volumes to a potential Teaching Master when choosing lessons for an Apprentice. Save the Chomsky for later. Watts can be hard enough to wrap one's head around.
    • Like the Phoenix... (Last post by Sulabri)
    • Update: Started a 9 week, meet once per week, health and fitness introduction peer support group for disabled combat veterans in my area as sponsored by a government agency called the Veteran's Affairs. First meeting was this monday.

There are 164 visitors, 13 guests and 40 members online (4  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jon, Firewolf, Karn, Kitsu Tails, JediKaren, Dechlain, Connor L., Adder, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Archaic Smile, Alan, Lykeios, Rickie, Kamizu, Edan, Avalonslight, Senan, Vagabond, B_Ritter, carlos.martinez3, Aqua, Krieger, Adi Vas, Tellahane, Ke JinnDakken, Kale-Patronus, Reiji, Squint, Cofelsy, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Reindeer, Snowy Aftermath, Jimbo Slice, ShannonMCD, Cenrus Kuno, Rider Black, Janko, Aspen Evenstaad, Hudson, Belisarius, Riyuma, Rob Bass, Chuy, Ryan Rasberry, Prelalo, Ryder, EyesIS.

Follow Us